I hate Rome, Georgia
curious Arizona

Phoenix, AZ

#63 May 24, 2011
I might be moving there next year w/my fiance but I lived here all of my life in Phx, Arizona & he's from Rome, Georgia & wants myself include my girls to live there w/him....yet I dont know yet...any advice to me about the area??? I just dont know too much about Rome, Ga. My fiance tells me, all about the good things, but I want to make sure what Im getting myself involved....Plz anyone HELP ME OUT WITH SOME ADVICE BEFORE MAKING A HUGE JUMP
Hunnybee

Atlanta, GA

#64 Jun 7, 2011
Rome is a great place to live with good schools including the county. Just don't drink and drive!! It has to be way better than what I am hearing from Arizona.
antiRome

United States

#65 Jun 10, 2011
Rome is a s*itty place. Moved there as a teen, moved as soon as I could.
Shirley T Elderly

Rome, GA

#66 Jun 16, 2011
Wake up and smell the truth you pig minded trogs.
She is not eloquent, but the little lady is saying something true. So true it hurts you. So true it scares you. There is something genetically wrong with the majority of people in Rome. A defect of the mind and soul, and it is a contagious defect, like an airborn cancer. It does not help matters that most people in Rome, including police officers, abuse prescription drugs or steroids. It's a fact, ask your drugist. How do you think so many drug stores stay in business in a county with a population of less than 100,000? Duh! Then there is the sexual perversion gene. Rome, because of its history as a haven for slave owning tyrants, rapists, brothels, homosexual perversion, child molestation, promiscuous sex, and alcohol and drug abuse, has passed along a genetically selected preference for sexual perversion, sociopathy, pyschosis. In sum the homogenious population has inbred itself to be criminally insane. It is well known in literary circles, but not in Rome, that James Dickey went to Darlington, and that he based his thematic of the souless, homosexual, animal like,'squeel like a piggy' mountain man on the archtypical Roman, even if not dressed up in a tie and suit. Dunna dun dun dun ya'll. In short, the lady says fact.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#67 Jun 18, 2011
Don't come here, I advise against it. Rome, Georgia is crawling with meth heads, criminals and illegal immigrants. It was once a nice town but special interests groups and politicians have raped this town. Industry is declining and government wants more, more, more from your pockets while degrading services to the citizens.
Rome

Detroit, MI

#68 Jul 4, 2011
Rome is part of the dirty south so you over there treating people like trash they would make you come back and only cause someone got arrested you blaming the city??people can get arrested any where that doesn't matter and also I have been to new York and I don't like it the people...they are meaner then here....here in Rome you smile and have some manners then you won't have no problem I love it here it is part country part metropolitan ..you obviously don't know what to do here or how to treat people...we have some of the nicest people around and if you don't like cause your afraid you gonna go to jail for 24 hours then don't cone but stop whining about it ....it's not the cities fault you got caught and stop whining cause you don't know how you sound.,.

“I'M A DC porker!”

Since: Jan 10

Washington D. C.

#69 Jul 4, 2011
One thing about it, there are many roads leading out of town, you are welcome to take one of them!!
ha ha

Savannah, GA

#70 Jul 26, 2011
i like that
Stewie

Waleska, GA

#71 Sep 4, 2011
I did take a road that led out of Rome a long time ago. You who wish to stay, fine with me, that's your business. I found the City School system uninviting, County, OK. There are alot, that don't know how to drive, sitting at green lights etc. People on the other hand, were the same as any where else, there are some a'holes everywhere.

Since: Nov 11

Rome, Georgia

#72 Nov 9, 2011
This whole thread is over the top. I love Rome. I have two boys in the public schools(which are better than the national average, by quite a bit), and operate a small business in the city. I find the people of Rome to be a caring, community oriented, and generally friendly bunch of people. I come from an old Atlanta family, and chose to live in Rome because of it's geography, and it's nature. I've been here for 9 years now, and can't imagine living anywhere else. I lived in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and South Carolina as my father chased his 5 masters degrees and his P.H.D. I have visited 48 out of the 50 states. You people have no idea what it is like to find a small city with good schools, friendly populace, access to local wilderness areas for hiking, good medical facilities, good colleges, three rivers for canoeing and kayaking, a good public library, local theater and symphony, nice, walkable downtown, and relative crime safety. All of my dealings as a small business owner with the Rome Police have been nothing but pleasant and fair. I'm not sure what really happened to the OP's friend, but I would venture to guess that they deserved it.
We See YOU

Rockmart, GA

#73 Nov 25, 2011
Frog...the anti-Christ!

Since: Nov 11

Rome, Georgia

#74 Nov 25, 2011
So it appears.
George

Arlington, VA

#75 Apr 20, 2012
Shirley T Elderly wrote:
Wake up and smell the truth you pig minded trogs.
Rome, because of its history as a haven for slave owning tyrants, rapists, brothels, homosexual perversion, child molestation, promiscuous sex, and alcohol and drug abuse, has passed along a genetically selected preference for sexual perversion, sociopathy, pyschosis. In sum the homogenious population has inbred itself to be criminally insane.
Absolutely right! And they insult Jesus Christ by calling themsleves Christians!

leeroy

Rome, GA

#76 Apr 20, 2012
Wow
thoughtaboutit

Dalton, GA

#77 Jun 5, 2012
Shirley T Elderly wrote:
Wake up and smell the truth you pig minded trogs.
She is not eloquent, but the little lady is saying something true. So true it hurts you. So true it scares you. There is something genetically wrong with the majority of people in Rome. A defect of the mind and soul, and it is a contagious defect, like an airborn cancer. It does not help matters that most people in Rome, including police officers, abuse prescription drugs or steroids. It's a fact, ask your drugist. How do you think so many drug stores stay in business in a county with a population of less than 100,000? Duh! Then there is the sexual perversion gene. Rome, because of its history as a haven for slave owning tyrants, rapists, brothels, homosexual perversion, child molestation, promiscuous sex, and alcohol and drug abuse, has passed along a genetically selected preference for sexual perversion, sociopathy, pyschosis. In sum the homogenious population has inbred itself to be criminally insane. It is well known in literary circles, but not in Rome, that James Dickey went to Darlington, and that he based his thematic of the souless, homosexual, animal like,'squeel like a piggy' mountain man on the archtypical Roman, even if not dressed up in a tie and suit. Dunna dun dun dun ya'll. In short, the lady says fact.
Great Post!! Obviously you are not afraid to admit the truth. Rome is as you say and I would add it's a "Little ATL" but nastier.
Question

Reston, VA

#78 Aug 22, 2012
Ricky Pope wrote:
Just one more person that can Rome for the cesspool that it is. Good job Rome!
OBAMA IS OUR President, he own Rome George. GO President Obama. Love ya baby.
Question

Reston, VA

#79 Aug 22, 2012
Correction: Georgia
Rome hater 2

Rome, GA

#80 Sep 21, 2012
I hate this town. Everyone is so about themselves If you did not grow up jere and go to Thier hick town schools with them then you are a outsider. I can't wait to get out of this town. And to top it off a crazy family just moved in right down the road. And the wife is selling a weightless scam thing. They are the scum of Rome ga
Rome hater 2

Rome, GA

#81 Sep 21, 2012
Don't do it. This place sucks. It is a 1 1/2 hr drive to anything. And the people are back woods. Take it from me. If you did not live here your whole life you will have no friends O yea and all the so called christains around here have alot to learn about Jesus. There are more churches here than any other city in Ga. Stay away
curious Arizona wrote:
I might be moving there next year w/my fiance but I lived here all of my life in Phx, Arizona & he's from Rome, Georgia & wants myself include my girls to live there w/him....yet I dont know yet...any advice to me about the area??? I just dont know too much about Rome, Ga. My fiance tells me, all about the good things, but I want to make sure what Im getting myself involved....Plz anyone HELP ME OUT WITH SOME ADVICE BEFORE MAKING A HUGE JUMP
Ethan beard

Cedartown, GA

#82 Jan 5, 2013
Aha wrote:
rome is a s.h.i.t hole
your a big jerk talking about Rome like that because of those police officers there good guys and cool to don't come over place I'm in cave spring and we are also better than you some of bitchs I've really hate you aha go way because your an ass to people in Rome ga is the best place to go at an I've live near Rome it's nice your just a bitch hate you for that to police officers are the best people out there in Rome ga I love it's a nice place to me anyway your just a real big hater and a big loser to your a big cry baby to cave spring is good as Rome to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homeless shelter is proposed (Jun '11) 10 hr Ricky b ridges 98
Sheriff Johnny Moates lied on TV (Dec '15) 15 hr Esom Swill 218
News Interviews for DAPC president ongoing Jul 25 Elmer is satin 6
News Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie, dies (Aug '13) Jul 25 Lawrence Wolf 54
SOS Polk Schools thread deleted Jul 23 Denial 10
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Jul 22 Eddie Munster 30
Cedartown Chat Board (Jun '08) Jul 19 CDLmark 563

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages