Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

Cary Cooper has announced that he intends to run against our incumbent Sheriff, Tim Burkhalter. I don't believe that Cooper can win, or should win. Burkhalter has done an outstanding job of keeping the Sheriff's Office at or below budget, serving the Courts, running the jail and being totally active in the community.

Sheriff Tim Burkhalter is an outstanding public servant and deserves to remain our Sheriff
Ivotetoo

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

floydvoter wrote:
Cary Cooper has announced that he intends to run against our incumbent Sheriff, Tim Burkhalter. I don't believe that Cooper can win, or should win. Burkhalter has done an outstanding job of keeping the Sheriff's Office at or below budget, serving the Courts, running the jail and being totally active in the community.
Sheriff Tim Burkhalter is an outstanding public servant and deserves to remain our Sheriff
Sheriff Burkhalter has my vote, and those of my family. He is a good Sheriff
Ivotetoo

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

and I dont live in conyers LOL. I live in floyd county
The Source

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

Burkhalter has my vote! I'm afraid anyone else is just wasting their money away.
ChiefHockaLoogie

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

Burkhalter has done an outstanding job! I agree with TheSource. Anyone else is wasting their time and money, no offense.
jogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

Ya he's doing good covering stuff up for certin people! It's time for a new sheriff in floyd county!
The Source

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Oh how I love election time! People like jogg come out of the wood work because they probably were fired from the Sheriff's Office for being incompetant and still not got over it! Let the games begin!
floydvoter

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

jogg,

What has he "covered up"? You have an alias here, name it. Come on now, don't be bashful. A warrant is issued, he serves it. Papers need serving, he serves them. He makes sure the Courthouse stays secure. He does many many things for the kids and at-risk youth of this County. If the voters decide to consolidate, he will accept that and do that too. What is your problem with the Sheriff of Floyd County?
The Source

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

chirp chirp chirp.......Doesn't sound like you are going to get an answer floydvoter. Jogg maybe enjoying the fine accomodations at the Jail as we speak lol
Floydvoter

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Source,

It appears you are correct Sir. Sheriff Tim Burkhalter and his Chief Deputy Tom Caldwell go out of their way on a daily basis to make sure that things run right, and smoothly. Sheriff Burkhalter has my vote.
All Knowing

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Yes Burkhalter does all those things but the last time I checked that was his job. So kudos for him doing his job. There is no more political office in Floyd County than the sheriffs dept. There is one plus to the sheriffs department in Floyd County. if a person is a police officer in another department, say Floyd County police dept or Rome city police and you do something that results in your termination, the sheriffs dept will hire you. Happens all the time. Could all these positive posts be his underlings hoping for a promotion? Careful, that brown may not come off
jogg

Temple, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Well said All Knowing!

“*Do You Believe?*”

Since: Jan 12

<><><><><><>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Burkhalter 2012!
jogg

Goodyear, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Seams people have shut the f !!!! Up!!!!!!!!!hum cover up !!!!!!!! Henderson barrry:,burkhalter tim!!! TOLD
The Source

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Judged:

Jogg, I welcome you to please explain your previous post, the one that appears to have been written by an illiterate moron. I also implore you to expain whatever cover ups have taken place. We are all patiently waiting for your reply. I won't hold my breath.........
All Knowing

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

The Source wrote:
Jogg, I welcome you to please explain your previous post, the one that appears to have been written by an illiterate moron. I also implore you to expain whatever cover ups have taken place. We are all patiently waiting for your reply. I won't hold my breath.........
Agreed, at least make your post understandable no matter what your stance is.
Floydvoter

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

well Jogg,

you made a rather brash statement and now you want to run for cover. Not surprising.

Name something they have covered up? Just one thing? Not two, not three...just one. And be specific. Otherwise, just be happy you are out on bond.
Floydvoter

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

I know the Sheriff, and I know his Chief Deputy. I don't work there, or want to work there. They are good people doing a good job and under a budget that has already been cut. I challenge anyone to go in there and get a bigger bang for the buck. Cooper is a good guy and a pretty fair policeman. He's Sgt material and that's what he is. He has nothing to run on but consolidation and that's not even an issue.

Maybe four or so years down the road he can run and maybe win. Not this time though. Tim Burkhalter has too many friends who know he does a good job.

PS to Cary. Run against Hulsey. You can whip him
The Source

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Floydvoter wrote:
I know the Sheriff, and I know his Chief Deputy. I don't work there, or want to work there. They are good people doing a good job and under a budget that has already been cut. I challenge anyone to go in there and get a bigger bang for the buck. Cooper is a good guy and a pretty fair policeman. He's Sgt material and that's what he is. He has nothing to run on but consolidation and that's not even an issue.
Maybe four or so years down the road he can run and maybe win. Not this time though. Tim Burkhalter has too many friends who know he does a good job.
PS to Cary. Run against Hulsey. You can whip him
FloydVoter, I couldn't have said it better myself!
jogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Oh im not running from any thing! I welcome any floyd county floyd county investigator toFloyd voter ask me any thing! Floyd Vote pull my ip address and see ho i am seams my family is the one hidding something &tim burkhalter name was mentioned as a place i worked at in2008

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rome Discussions

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonalds 1 hr WhoDat 3
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr rename 49,828
Strong Marketing-Deca and German programs Cut a... 16 hr Bob Smith 14
JJJerry DDDuke Fired! 16 hr MSO4 77
Cedartown Chat Board (Jun '08) Fri newit 534
Police still trying to determine cause of fatal... (Apr '13) Jul 25 Kimz_friend 8
Life FM Radio Station Jul 23 Dirty Harry 9
•••
•••

Rome News Video

•••
Rome Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rome Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000