an open letter to screecher preacher ...
bluerain

Cedartown, GA

#42 Apr 21, 2013
I have saw him, and he's not hurting anyone, if you don't want to hear it, roll your window up! I think it's wonderful, he's following God, and it must be a scary thing to stand alone doing that. Keep up the good work Preacher Man!
One Finger

United States

#43 Apr 22, 2013
bluerain wrote:
I have saw him, and he's not hurting anyone, if you don't want to hear it, roll your window up! I think it's wonderful, he's following God, and it must be a scary thing to stand alone doing that. Keep up the good work Preacher Man!
Well I still wouldn't be surprised to find that he is packing a EBT card. Eating, breeding and screeching on the taxpayer's dime.

I suppose that I am missed informed but my gist of "The Word" was to be through action and deeds rather than through the mouth.

He could be doing "The Work" of "The Word" by actually helping in the community. But then that might actually cause him to do some labor by cutting some old person's grass or washing their dishes.

According to "The Word" he has his reward:
“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room [inner room, closet, center chamber], and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.” Matthew 6:5-7 (New King James Version)

AGAIN: "For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men."

Hypocrite, thy name is "Screecher Preacher".
Well glory

United States

#44 Apr 22, 2013
Brittany Cook wrote:
If you are confused about his purpose and goal I would like to personally invite everyone of you to come and see what it's about.
To the people that live on Main Street his goal is not to scare anyone or to put you out in any way. I personally opogize for any innconvience. But I will not opologize to anyone for him wanting to see lost souls saved and for trying to tell people about Jesus.
You "opogize" and "olologize"?

I assure you that once through that traffic corner of madness with his screeching is enough for any sane person who will then find a new route to travel.

Advice for you Brittany, run, fast as you can away from this nut. Don't allow him near your thighs. Pregnant and with a EBT card is not "The Life" that God wants you to have. Go to night school or something.
praying

Rome, GA

#45 Apr 22, 2013
But why does he always stay on main street? He needs to go over to jones street, over in that area and do some preaching, I love to hear him and I am sure they would love to hear him also!Go down 6th street, slusser, 7th, 5th
tomck

Atlanta, GA

#46 Apr 22, 2013
I was going to say if you want the maximum exposure to non-Christians, get a passport and head to Russia, China, Africa, etc., and preach away...but yes even the Goodyear Village or Jones St. would show you really mean it instead of it just being all about The Show. It defies logic to do something over and over that yields little results, rather than go into people's communities, actually learn what their troubles are and listen to them, which would allow people to actually get to see your Christianity in action. You catch more flies with honey.
Tammy Hall

Cedartown, GA

#47 Apr 22, 2013
Corey Smith is Part of my family , He is a Godly Preacher, He is Very Educated , and has a Great Job , He does not Need EBT !! Thanks to gods Blessings and his will to Obey Gods Calling He can and does provide for him self and is willing to help those he comes in contact with, If you all would keep your Negative Comments to your self and get to know him then you would know youre wrong with the comments.. Preach on Corey !!!
Lisa Blankenship

Cedartown, GA

#48 Apr 22, 2013
I have already posted once but with recent posts being post I felt like this needed to be said.....like I said before this Man of God is a member of my family and his soon to be wife Brittany will be also. For those of you who are saying this hurtful untrue things let me set the record straight. Corey is a college graduate who works hard and will do anything to help anyone without question. And as for Brittany she is a soon to be college grad as well. Not only that. Both of these wonderful Godly people teach Sunday school and sing in the church choir. Not only that they are 2 members of a large group of young people in our who are in a group called "Living Proof". I am proud that these two are a member of not only my church family but my immediate family all well. Love you Brittany and Corey !!!!!!
Well glory

United States

#49 Apr 22, 2013
Lisa Blankenship wrote:
she is a soon to be college grad as well.
We would never know that from her "opogize" comment. Esom Hill University?
Still, I find it offensive to have anyone screech at me. Doing it in public is just profane.
Definition of PROFANE
1: to treat (something sacred) with abuse, irreverence, or contempt : desecrate
2: to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use
momnpop

Brooks, GA

#50 Apr 22, 2013
Lisa Blankenship wrote:
I have already posted once but with recent posts being post I felt like this needed to be said.....like I said before this Man of God is a member of my family and his soon to be wife Brittany will be also. For those of you who are saying this hurtful untrue things let me set the record straight. Corey is a college graduate who works hard and will do anything to help anyone without question. And as for Brittany she is a soon to be college grad as well. Not only that. Both of these wonderful Godly people teach Sunday school and sing in the church choir. Not only that they are 2 members of a large group of young people in our who are in a group called "Living Proof". I am proud that these two are a member of not only my church family but my immediate family all well. Love you Brittany and Corey !!!!!!
I don't care how nice they are if they aren't respectful and considerate of the residents there! Not much of a witness!
Living on main

United States

#51 Apr 22, 2013
I agree momnpop. If he is all nice as they claim then he will be nice and hush.
I really tried to stay out of this but just could not.
tomck

Atlanta, GA

#52 Apr 22, 2013
All the people who are coming to his defense can only say that "his heart is in the right place." So heck, let's assume (for the sake of this argument) that he's a good guy trying to do right in a crazy, lost world.

Let's also assume, while I don't personally know any of them (except from what they've posted on here), that the people who live downtown are people who, at the end of the long work week, are just wanting to relax peacefully in their homes with their families. And clearly they feel they've earned that.

Now, the argument returns to "why" preach there. If you want the maximum return, why would you stay in one place, with the same audience (supporters and apartment dwellers included), and by and large the same traffic pattern/drivers each week? Again, I suggested you head to China, but if your Mandarin isn't so hot and you feel the need to stick-around Cedartown, why not at least mix it up? Head to another corner, or make a "corner circuit," where you're still doing your thing but not always in the same place, and you're getting your message out to people who don't always follow the same traffic pattern on a Friday night.

Now, that being said...One of you made a stupid comment a few lines back, akin to "if the people living in those apartments don't like it, they can move," as though we should have a 2013 Trail of Tears by running-off those who were already here before you. Is that really how you win people over?

So about these apartments on Friday...what's the big deal," you ask? Well, what if someone living there works a late shift and needs to sleep? What is someone in another apartment is elderly and is resting? We know one guy has a kid who likely takes afternoon naps. Believe it or not, downtown is a neighborhood, and no matter the purity of your message, not a single one of you has addressed how your Friday night actions aren't disrespectful (even if unintentionally) to the people who pay rent to live and/or work, and rest, there.

I am arguing this is just a basic matter of respect for one's neighbors.
Polk citizen

Conyers, GA

#53 Apr 22, 2013
Standing On A Street Corner Yelling At People Is Never Acceptable No Matter The Intention. It Is Disturbing The Peace.
Joseph Landrum

Cedartown, GA

#54 Apr 22, 2013
To all-----Please all go back and read my comment because it seems like to me that you skipped over it. But if not please all y'all children, who are immature and continue to argue and write on here, please be a grown up and give me your name and work place and after I call your boss we will see who continues to comment.
Joseph Landrum

Cedartown, GA

#55 Apr 22, 2013
Oh yeah and by the way look 14:23 The Lord said unto the servant, go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled
momnpop

Rome, GA

#56 Apr 22, 2013
Joseph Landrum wrote:
To all-----Please all go back and read my comment because it seems like to me that you skipped over it. But if not please all y'all children, who are immature and continue to argue and write on here, please be a grown up and give me your name and work place and after I call your boss we will see who continues to comment.
Children? Calling their "boss" sounds juvenile now doesn't it? FYI I am mine!
WhoDat

United States

#57 Apr 22, 2013
Joseph Landrum wrote:
You would call a person's employer and start trouble? Is that Christianity at work? So that's how it works.

What goes around...
hummmm2

Cedartown, GA

#58 Apr 22, 2013
Joseph Landrum wrote:
I am in the side of your friend but that would be retaliation. It's just as bad ir worse than those criticizing him. In fact this topic would have fizzled out a long time ago if it had been ignored.

And I really don't see how someone who chooses to live in a loft apartment would think it was going to be a quiet neighborhood

I wish I was still able to climb stairs I would love it.
hummmm2

Cedartown, GA

#59 Apr 22, 2013
Joseph Landrum wrote:
Tsk. Tsk. You are not making a good case for your friend with threats.

I would suggest the preacher and friends ignore what is being said.

I understand you and his friends are offended but there are always going to be criticism from those who are sitting and waiting to attack anyone who is a believer. Even Jesus was persecuted for bringing his message.

And for the originator of this post who sounded so kind blew it when he gave the preacher the name of screetcher preacher

I would love to be younger and still able to climb steps I would love to live on Main Street. Too bad that wasn't available in my day.

And emergency sirens and traffic and loud music may not be on a schedule but you have to admit its gonna happen.
hummmm2

Cedartown, GA

#60 Apr 22, 2013
hummmm2 wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk. Tsk. You are not making a good case for your friend with threats.

I would suggest the preacher and friends ignore what is being said.

I understand you and his friends are offended but there are always going to be criticism from those who are sitting and waiting to attack anyone who is a believer. Even Jesus was persecuted for bringing his message.

And for the originator of this post who sounded so kind blew it when he gave the preacher the name of screetcher preacher

I would love to be younger and still able to climb steps I would love to live on Main Street. Too bad that wasn't available in my day.

And emergency sirens and traffic and loud music may not be on a schedule but you have to admit its gonna happen.
So I posted twice. I thought I didn't hit post. So u got a double dose. Another sermon if u will.

Told you I was old
bluerain

Cedartown, GA

#61 Apr 23, 2013
Joseph Landrum wrote: oh yeah and by the way look 14:23 The Lord said unto the servant, go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled

That's exactly right, he's doing what God told us Christians to do, and to the one saying go to China, or go to another street...this must be where God told him to go. And as far as the noise goes I KNOW he's not louder than the block party last week and the traffic, and some people, so stop trying to hinder this man and let him be about God's business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anybody like or love Fords (Oct '14) 7 hr Mayor of rome 14
Motorcycle Gangs (Jul '13) 7 hr Mayor of rome 47
Pat Casey still open Sat JackPSmith 1
Zorba's (Jul '14) Jul 2 regular 21
News Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie, dies (Aug '13) Jul 1 Big Bad John Roberts 43
presidential candidates. Jun 30 James 1
Polk School District Jun 28 Polk Rules 8
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages