First flag design adopted by Aragon C...

First flag design adopted by Aragon City Council

There are 95 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from Nov 16, 2012, titled First flag design adopted by Aragon City Council. In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

Aragon's first flag design incorporates the colors of purple and gold, which were used at the school once located there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

Aragon Rd

Cedartown, GA

#41 Dec 9, 2012
Johnny-B-Goode, it wasn't to hard to tell that you are,or were a cop. You did what cops do best, made lots of excuses for not doing their job.

Here's a little help for you cops so you old boys will be able to tell the difference between a drug house and a house where there is a wake for grandma, there is always signs placed on the streets that say SLOW FUNERAL, and the
Funeral Home always places a wreath on the door at the home of the deceased.

I can't speak for anyone else but, I have called the police many times and reported things I have seen, and then I waited and watched for them to show up, and guess what they never did, not even a drive by, so I don't fool with you local yokels now, I call someone a little higher up, and I also let them know that you boys are to busy protecting us from those mean old seat belt violators to check out anything else.
Aragon Rd

Cedartown, GA

#42 Dec 9, 2012
JMO wrote:
I've often thought that it would be a good thing for Aragon to have an officer to do a foot patrol in the village, or even a bicycle patrol. The village is small enough for that, and lord knows they need the exercise. It would save money on gasoline, they would be visible in the community, and, they could get to know the residents better. JMO
They probably don't know how to ride a bicycle.
Johnny-B-Goode

Cedartown, GA

#43 Dec 9, 2012
Aragon Rd, I must inform you that you missed the mark on your assumption that I am, or was a cop. Never have been, never will be. Additionally your statement; "there is always signs placed on the streets that say SLOW FUNERAL, and the Funeral Home always places a wreath on the door at the home of the deceased." is not 100% factual. But, for the unknowing, looked good on paper.
Walnut st

Cedartown, GA

#44 Dec 9, 2012
Aragon Rd wrote:
Johnny-B-Goode, it wasn't to hard to tell that you are,or were a cop. You did what cops do best, made lots of excuses for not doing their job.
Here's a little help for you cops so you old boys will be able to tell the difference between a drug house and a house where there is a wake for grandma, there is always signs placed on the streets that say SLOW FUNERAL, and the
Funeral Home always places a wreath on the door at the home of the deceased.
I can't speak for anyone else but, I have called the police many times and reported things I have seen, and then I waited and watched for them to show up, and guess what they never did, not even a drive by, so I don't fool with you local yokels now, I call someone a little higher up, and I also let them know that you boys are to busy protecting us from those mean old seat belt violators to check out anything else.
LOL that was funny, there sure are a lot of wakes for grandma on my street.
4th st

Cedartown, GA

#45 Dec 9, 2012
Walnut st wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL that was funny, there sure are a lot of wakes for grandma on my street.
hahaha mine too
walnut st

Cedartown, GA

#46 Dec 9, 2012
Law in Aragon is interested in doing one thing and one thing only,raising revenue.If not,then let's get to the village and patrol,maybe get to know the younger ones and help guide them before you give them advice later while they are handcuffed in the back seat of your patrol car.What a wonderful little village she once was to live in but now I think it's all down hill from here.
Tranquility

Cedartown, GA

#47 Dec 14, 2012
I did my visit as I said I would. The Mayor has kept a daily log of City activities since he took office. To say the only thing he has done is a motto, a seal and a flag illustrates those who said that have no idea all he has done for this city. Not everything gets in the newspapers folk. If you care to know, go visit. If you don't care to know, quit writing ficton, untruths and rumors!
usaiduletuskno

Cedartown, GA

#48 Dec 14, 2012
Tranquility wrote:
I did my visit as I said I would. The Mayor has kept a daily log of City activities since he took office. To say the only thing he has done is a motto, a seal and a flag illustrates those who said that have no idea all he has done for this city. Not everything gets in the newspapers folk. If you care to know, go visit. If you don't care to know, quit writing ficton, untruths and rumors!
Well I guess the answer is NOT MUCH.You said you were taking time off to find out.You said you would let us know.Now you say if we want to know...go visit.And then you have the nerve to tell us to quit writing...fiction...untruths.. .rumors...well I think you are deceiving all.So quit yapping your jaws! How doe's that feel? LIER! What a joke you are. Tranquility my A$$. More like STUPIDITY.
Aragonian

Cedartown, GA

#49 Dec 14, 2012
Been Around wrote:
The mayor is right on! Unite the citizens under one motto, one seal and one flag and there is no end to the accomplishments you can achieve. Aragonites, this color debate is just one of the small challenges we have to overcome on our journey to greatness. ONWARD. Under one flag, one purpose, one mayor.....let's claim the victory.
Mr. Mayor you are so GOOFY!!!! Please stop calling us Aragonites, we have always called ourselves Aragonians, you would know that if you weren't an OUTSIDER!!!
Tranquility

Cedartown, GA

#50 Dec 15, 2012
To usaiduletuskno and others. I was reluctant to post all the facts I learned because most on here will have some negative, asinine comment to make no matter what is written. However, I don't sit in judgement over anyone, do or say whatever you wish, I'm happy with the facts. If you were not aware, or didn't know it, when Mr. Suffridge came into office in January 2011 he was facing some MAJOR finanicial hurdles left by the former administration. Under leadership of the former Mayor, the city had not done a State audit since 2007 (Which means the city cannot receive any state grant monies). Many invoices totaling in the thousands were found to be 10-12 months old. The City had its credit cut off by many vendors. The city was paying thousands of dollars in late fees, overdrafts, etc., etc. There were 100s of thousands of dollars of unpaid property taxes (Possibly $300-400 thousand dollars dating back to 2000) Many Garbage bills (and street lighting) fees have gone unpaid for years. According to the Mayor, eliminating these problems are his number one priority. The motto, seal and flag were side issues. By the way, something no other Mayor has done since 1924!(98 years) The city's financial problems have been growing for years, Mr. Suffridge cannot cure the City's 25-30 year ills in 11 months. Having said that, here are some of his first year accomplishments.(I persoanlly read the daily log, as well as reading minutes of past meetings. Since January 2, 2011 and without cost to any "Aragonian" here are but a few things he has initaited on his own. Once again, without cost to the taxpayers. The city has received Federal and Georgia Municipal Grants totalling $20,257. Received over $10,000 of NEW donated furniture. Received additional donations of material and money to aid the Police and Fire department. By initating a sale or trade of the rarely used "Ladder" truck he was able to trade for a "pumper" fire truck, plus a one and a half 4 wheel, former military truck to be used in field fires (Donated, value $3500). In addition to the vehicles rerceived $75,000 for the city coffers. By asking the Polk County Commissioners was able to get a walkay paved from Pittman Field Parking lot onto the walk trail at no cost to the tax payers. Additionally had the Aragon Community Center donated to the city, value,$22,315, received 0.17 acres of land, valued at $5,423. Polk County also donated 2 other parcels of land worth $5,400. The Mayor has been approached by an outside land owner to donate 7 acres, valued at $24,500 for recreation. Bottom line: He has obtained over $97,000 in Grants or donations during his first 11 months in office. He is also in negotiation with property owners about 2 major annexations. He helped raise a record breaking $3,000 profit from the Annual Aragon BBQ. I'd say he's been pretty busy, and has accomplished a lot. He spends 3 days, 9-noon at city hall, has an open door policy for citizens, visitors and employees. Ask other "Aragonians" who much time the former Mayor spent at City Hall? So, for all who read this and say the Mayor he hasn't done anything, think again. Don't take my word for it, its a fact, and its on the record. I'm happy I took time to visit and as an "Aragonian" tax payer, in knowing I have an elected leader at the helm of my little city who cares and has my "6".
Tranquility

Cedartown, GA

#51 Dec 15, 2012
Oooops! An error.....Ask other "Aragonians" who much time the former Mayor spent at City Hall?

I must correct my error before Aragon Rd chastises me for my error prone ways! The w and the h got out of sequence. It shoul read "Ask other "Aragonians" how much time the former Mayor spent at City Hall?"

Merry Christmas to everyone, and please be in prayer for the young souls, and adults in Newtown, CT whose lives were taken for reasons unknown.
notsoaragon

Rockmart, GA

#52 Dec 15, 2012
Tranquility wrote:
Oooops! An error.....Ask other "Aragonians" who much time the former Mayor spent at City Hall?
I must correct my error before Aragon Rd chastises me for my error prone ways! The w and the h got out of sequence. It shoul read "Ask other "Aragonians" how much time the former Mayor spent at City Hall?"
Merry Christmas to everyone, and please be in prayer for the young souls, and adults in Newtown, CT whose lives were taken for reasons unknown.
The only time the former mayor spent at city hall that I can recall, was to get family out of jail (ticket fixing)FACT!!!!
Tranquility

Cedartown, GA

#53 Dec 15, 2012
notsoaragon I heard that last summer, but was never able to get verification, or anyone in authority to admit it. I understand it happened more than once?
Johnny-B-Goode

Cedartown, GA

#54 Dec 15, 2012
Tranquility, thanks for taking time to visit the Mayor. Perhaps people who pay taxes in Aragon would be better informed if they followed your lead. Oh, by the way......several days ago, this was in one of your post. "Additionally,can you name me one significant thing the former Mayor did during her tenure for the betterment of the City?" (Edited)
I notice with interest, no one has named anything??? Go figure! Merry Christmas to you as well.
Walnut St

Cedartown, GA

#55 Dec 15, 2012
Tranquility/Johnny-B-Goode/Bee n Around/Mayor... You don't have to change your name every time you post a comment.
Johnny-B-Goode

Cedartown, GA

#56 Dec 15, 2012
Walnut St you are totally clueless!
Aragon Rd

Cedartown, GA

#57 Dec 15, 2012
Tranquility wrote:
I don't have to make you look like a fool, you do an excellent job of it yourself. In your efforts to correct one mistake, you made another one dunce, you left the d off of should. lol
really now

Cedartown, GA

#58 Dec 15, 2012
notsoaragon wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time the former mayor spent at city hall that I can recall, was to get family out of jail (ticket fixing)FACT!!!!
I see you're still mad because she didn't get you out of jail, or fix your ticket.
really now

Cedartown, GA

#59 Dec 15, 2012
Tranquility wrote:
To usaiduletuskno and others. I was reluctant to post all the facts I learned because most on here will have some negative, asinine comment to make no matter what is written. However, I don't sit in judgement over anyone, do or say whatever you wish, I'm happy with the facts. If you were not aware, or didn't know it, when Mr. Suffridge came into office in January 2011 he was facing some MAJOR finanicial hurdles left by the former administration. Under leadership of the former Mayor, the city had not done a State audit since 2007 (Which means the city cannot receive any state grant monies). Many invoices totaling in the thousands were found to be 10-12 months old. The City had its credit cut off by many vendors. The city was paying thousands of dollars in late fees, overdrafts, etc., etc. There were 100s of thousands of dollars of unpaid property taxes (Possibly $300-400 thousand dollars dating back to 2000) Many Garbage bills (and street lighting) fees have gone unpaid for years. According to the Mayor, eliminating these problems are his number one priority. The motto, seal and flag were side issues. By the way, something no other Mayor has done since 1924!(98 years) The city's financial problems have been growing for years, Mr. Suffridge cannot cure the City's 25-30 year ills in 11 months. Having said that, here are some of his first year accomplishments.(I persoanlly read the daily log, as well as reading minutes of past meetings. Since January 2, 2011 and without cost to any "Aragonian" here are but a few things he has initaited on his own. Once again, without cost to the taxpayers. The city has received Federal and Georgia Municipal Grants totalling $20,257. Received over $10,000 of NEW donated furniture. Received additional donations of material and money to aid the Police and Fire department. By initating a sale or trade of the rarely used "Ladder" truck he was able to trade for a "pumper" fire truck, plus a one and a half 4 wheel, former military truck to be used in field fires (Donated, value $3500). In addition to the vehicles rerceived $75,000 for the city coffers. By asking the Polk County Commissioners was able to get a walkay paved from Pittman Field Parking lot onto the walk trail at no cost to the tax payers. Additionally had the Aragon Community Center donated to the city, value,$22,315, received 0.17 acres of land, valued at $5,423. Polk County also donated 2 other parcels of land worth $5,400. The Mayor has been approached by an outside land owner to donate 7 acres, valued at $24,500 for recreation. Bottom line: He has obtained over $97,000 in Grants or donations during his first 11 months in office. He is also in negotiation with property owners about 2 major annexations. He helped raise a record breaking $3,000 profit from the Annual Aragon BBQ. I'd say he's been pretty busy, and has accomplished a lot. He spends 3 days, 9-noon at city hall, has an open door policy for citizens, visitors and employees. Ask other "Aragonians" who much time the former Mayor spent at City Hall? So, for all who read this and say the Mayor he hasn't done anything, think again. Don't take my word for it, its a fact, and its on the record. I'm happy I took time to visit and as an "Aragonian" tax payer, in knowing I have an elected leader at the helm of my little city who cares and has my "6".
All this blabbering and still didn't say anything. Typical politician!
notsoaragon

Rockmart, GA

#60 Dec 15, 2012
really now wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're still mad because she didn't get you out of jail, or fix your ticket.
Nope, never been in jail or trouble with the law. I do have a few x relatives that the old mayor kept out of jail. I think the whole damn police Dept. Needs the boot, hopefully the new mayor will see how crooked they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House/Owner Financing 2 hr Talk30125 1
Katelyn Nicole Davis (Feb '17) May 18 morris 186
News Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie, dies (Aug '13) May 15 Funeral denial 123
looking for rental house/apt May 15 Talk30125 1
Best part about living in Rome, GA? May 15 logic 6
Polk School board May 14 Parent 4
Brandon Reeves (Jul '14) May 5 Stacie Price 11

Rome Jobs

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages