Toddler Dies in Auto-Starting Dishwasher

Toddler Dies in Auto-Starting Dishwasher

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from May 31, 2007, titled Toddler Dies in Auto-Starting Dishwasher. In it, Newsday reports that:

An 18-month-old boy died inside a dishwasher that began running automatically when its door closed, the sheriff's office said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Manny

Bronx, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2007
I don't see how the kid could have shut the door from the inside, something isn't right here.
the truth will come out

Boulder, CO

#3 Jun 3, 2007
Th elder brother probably put the kid in it....
the truth will come out

Boulder, CO

#6 Jun 3, 2007
TODD SCHUSTER wrote:
ENOUGH WITH THE F***ING JOKES, FOLKS. THIS IS NOT A JOKING MATTER. THIS IS A HORRIBLE TRAGIC ACCIDENT. MY CONDOLENCES TO THE LITTLE GUY'S FAMILY. HAVE A HEART FOLKS. YOU'RE LEAVING HEARTLESS VILE BILE ON THESE POSTS.
Sure it is a sad thing, BUT HOW DID HE CLOSE THE DISHWASHER FROM THE INSIDE? Something is NOT RIGHT here. And I am NOT making a joke of it either, nothing heartless or vile - JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION, which I believe these forums are for.
wiw

United States

#7 Jun 3, 2007
I don't know as I would have expressed it just like bob did ... but I agree with him.
concerned

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Jun 4, 2007
I know this family. The mother is a teacher. The dad is a lazy bum that has a record and does not work, and has abused the mother on many occasions, such as giving her black eyes and busted lips. I dont understand how a baby could close a dishwasher door from the inside. I think this needs to be looked into futher, for the sake of the other 2 childern.
concerned

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Jun 4, 2007
glad i left long island wrote:
did they use cascade or some other cleaner? did he have any streaks?
How about you leave this post because you suck! You are a jerk!
abc

United States

#12 Jun 5, 2007
My condolences to the family- thats horribly sad-
Wow- "Glad I left LI" well we too are "glad" that you left long island too-as you are a poor excuse for a human being.
wiw

United States

#14 Jun 5, 2007
NYROTTSX2 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What ever the circumstances are behind this tragedy, this is an 18 month old baby that died, you smug f cking a-hole...i'm glad your CA's problem now...good f cking riddance!
Thank you for giving him exactly the kind of encouragement and attention he craves.

Since: May 07

New Rochelle, NY

#16 Jun 5, 2007
wiw wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for giving him exactly the kind of encouragement and attention he craves.
Normally I would but, sorry, I won't stand by and allow an indifferent low life to spew his smart ass sentiments about a deceased child...sad that you would allow that in a hope he just 'goes away'...

New Rochelle, NY

#17 Jun 5, 2007
<quoted text>
hahahahahha
people die all the time, stop being so sensitive, i guess you have neer seen a dead kid before
No just allot of dead from the neck up a-holes like u loser!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the word you meant was never, not neer...moron!
somethings wrong

Copiague, NY

#18 Jun 5, 2007
How would an 18 month old manage to climb into a dishwasher and shut the door? Not to equate the two, but my cat sometimes gets into the dishwasher, but only when we have pulled the bottom rack out to empty it. He never does it if the racks are in place.
Are we to believe this child squeezed between the racks and shut the door on himself?
That doesn't make any sense.

New Rochelle, NY

#19 Jun 5, 2007
somethings wrong wrote:
How would an 18 month old manage to climb into a dishwasher and shut the door? Not to equate the two, but my cat sometimes gets into the dishwasher, but only when we have pulled the bottom rack out to empty it. He never does it if the racks are in place.
Are we to believe this child squeezed between the racks and shut the door on himself?
That doesn't make any sense.
Of course it doesn't make sense; besides what you pointed out, a DW door has to be locked to 'wash', not merely just closed...if that were the case, the thing would run every time the door was shut...

New Rochelle, NY

#21 Jun 6, 2007
<quoted text>
oooh yeah sorry about the typo but neer is a word and it does mean never as in "neer' do well" meaning a miscreant or horrible person. i guess somebody didnt read dickens or any english lit from the 18th century, probably too busy watching american idol and getting fat, as far as that title applying to myself i guess if the shoe fits ill wear it but i think the parents got what they deserved, they will most likely sue the dishwashing company and make millions off of it, unless it was murder and then the non guilty party (whichever parent didnt stuff the kid in the washer) will make millions off the lawsuit alleging the washer did not have a kid clean cycle. its a bad bad world we live in , we all die , open your eyes go outside the us, see dead kids in the streets and this type of thing wont bother you. hhahahahahahaha
Uh-huh...like I said,'neer' is not a word, moron...

'Ne'er do well' IS the proper way grammatically...yes,'miscreant ' or 'horrible person'...LOSER, no difference...funny how you can't type it out properly, but you are well acquainted with it's meaning, lol!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but you are right...it really is a big bad world out there...perhaps it's all that stepping OVER those 'dead kids' in the streets of the world you have done has given you that giant chip on your shoulder...

What a sad, angry, negative little existence you must live when you have lost the ability to comprehend (if you ever possessed it to begin with) how sad it is when any child dies, specially in such a tragic way...your 'perception' that this story is even remotely 'funny' to prompt you to post your sick little remarks about it, suggests only what a lonely, social misfit you must be...

Mental 'health'...seek it!

New Rochelle, NY

#24 Jun 6, 2007
<quoted text>
oops almost forgot, i didnt step over anyone i actually had the task of bagging them ,up yay for me, dead bloated people stink,and they look pretty bad, especially after animals have been eating them, people its whats for dinner
Hmm, I can really see how handy Dickens & the English Lit courses came in for you in RL...civil servant????

No wonder we're so bitter...hope you remember to wear your 'protection' & wash your hands after that nasty little chore of bagging them...all those nasty 'germs' on the corpse's might make you sick, and that might be detrimental to your physical well being...but then again, in YOUR sad lonely existence, no great loss I'm sure!!!!

'YAY' for the rest of us!!!

Ok, back to real life now...

New Rochelle, NY

#25 Jun 6, 2007
<quoted text>
hey if you think this one is bad check this out
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/newsday/TN3...
oh and i have stepped over many dead in my travels and no i could not care less about these people, if they can't take care of their kids they should not have them, maybe this is just god working it out for them or you could call it survival of the fittest, either way good job on the parents and if you can't find humor in everything then you indeed are the sad one.
neer say neer again lol
Whoops, guess even the Newsday moderators couldn't even take anymore of your twisted, sick views about dead children...your sick little rant on that thread is gone...poof!

Ain't no denying it there Mr. Sensitive...time to accept it & make friends with it...now say it out loud and proud...I'M REALLY SUCH A LOSER!!!!!!!
Bwaaaa!!!!!

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#26 Jun 6, 2007

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#27 Jun 6, 2007
Maybe the Maytag ate yer baby

New Rochelle, NY

#30 Jun 6, 2007
<quoted text>
i just checked everything is still there, and i am a civil servant of sorts and the people i bagged up were in iraq mwahhaahahaha
Whoops, my bad...thank goodness your sensitive insight fullness is still there to help...and thank goodness our country has warped minds like yours defending it...it's really so crystal clear now, thank you so much!!!!

So what was it...the military or jail?

Far cry from 'English Lit' 101, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

New Rochelle, NY

#32 Jun 6, 2007
<quoted text>
military and the warping helps alot.thanks and good parenting all around
Children learn what they live...guess you didn't feel the love growing up...

Here's a last thought on all this...maybe you can contact the parents up of your 'buddies' that didn't make it back from Iraq...see if their laughing yet, ya know, yuking it up and finding all the humor in never seeing their 'children' again...maybe you can snap them out of it with your special brand of humor...

Have a nice life.
karla

United States

#34 Aug 31, 2007
you all suck because that's the most sad story i ever heard about and you'll are talking crab about it you'll are heartless poor child that was really sad!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guess truth hurts Cody! 14 min Guest 14
Charity Briggs 52 min Interested 1
tyler rigsby (May '15) 1 hr NotAhater 13
Kelly Finney - Are u still with us? 1 hr Guest 2
little stinkers daycare 5 hr Carolyn 7
Haunted places in White County. (Jun '13) 5 hr Jimmy 30
Baswell chick (Oct '14) 7 hr Platinum 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Romance Mortgages