Child's Death in Dishwasher Ruled an ...

Child's Death in Dishwasher Ruled an Accident

There are 12 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Child's Death in Dishwasher Ruled an Accident. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The death of an Arkansas toddler in a dishwasher has been ruled an accident. But police say it's possible that someone could be charged with endangering the welfare of a minor over the death of 18-month-old ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#1 Jun 12, 2007
I don't remember there being a third child mentioned in the original report a few weeks ago. Why were the racks out of the dishwasher? Why was the father asleep instead of watching TWO toddlers?

STILL sounds fishy to me.
blueeyed_828

Okatie, SC

#2 Jun 12, 2007
i wanna know if the older one knew he was in there why did he shut the door if he knew the thing cuts on automatically??? that dont sound like no accident to me!
The Truth

Columbia, SC

#3 Jun 12, 2007
blueeyed_828 wrote:
i wanna know if the older one knew he was in there why did he shut the door if he knew the thing cuts on automatically??? that dont sound like no accident to me!
the boy who shut the door was only two..it was three kids in the house. the 13yr old didnt shut the door. this one makes a lot more sense then the first one the mentioned
LadyBug

Maxton, NC

#5 Jun 12, 2007
I knew that there was no way that an 18 month old could have closed that door on himself. It doesn't bring him back, but it's good to know that it was only an accident, as opposed to the father or the 13 year old shutting him in there. The question does remain why were the racks out of the dishwasher, but I'm sure there is an explanation. My prayers remain with this family in this (still) horrible time.

Since: Feb 07

Okatie, SC

#6 Jun 13, 2007
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the boy who shut the door was only two..it was three kids in the house. the 13yr old didnt shut the door. this one makes a lot more sense then the first one the mentioned
OK STILL...... A 2 YROLD..I GOT A ALMOST 5 YR AND A 1 1/2 YR OLD.. I CAN BARELY GO TO THE BATHROOM WITH THEM UP AND WITH THE LIL ONE SLEEP I STILL CANT SLEEP CUZ THE ALMOST 5 YR OLD IS IN AND OUT PLAYIN ..SO HOW DID THE FATHER MANAGE TO SLEEP WITH 2 KIDS UNDER AND AT THE AGE 2??? I GUESS HE THOUGHT THE 13 YR WOULD WATCH THEM.BUT THEN THEIR LIES A PROB.. WHY LAY THAT RESPONSIBILITY ON A 13 YR?I STILL SAY CHARGES SHOULD BE BROUGHT SOMEHOW.. AT LEAST FOR NEGLECT FROM NOT WATCHIN THEM KIDS.
WTH

Elgin, SC

#7 Jun 13, 2007
NO FREAKING WAY! SOMEBODY REOPEN THAT CASE!!
Bobbi

Fort Mill, SC

#8 Jun 13, 2007
Ok,Im really confused here.It was ruled an accident. Why are the two children in state custody?
cin

United States

#9 Jun 14, 2007
they trying to say neglect caused death without people screaming about family. atleast children safe for the moment until court sorts out details.
Mgirl

Dalzell, SC

#10 Jun 16, 2007
Yeah.. they never mentioned on this crappy website the 2 year old being in the house.. This is a situation i can see happeneing.. but the original article made you think other thoughts. They were probably playing and pulled the racks out, then climbed in.. toddlers love to do that stuff open close open close. Whatever happens.. its just awful what did happen.
concerned citizen

Florence, SC

#11 Jun 19, 2007
And, another murderer gets off scott free.
WTH

Elgin, SC

#12 Jun 19, 2007
concerned citizen wrote:
And, another murderer gets off scott free.
I agree!!!!!! You know that child was screaming..so why didn't someone hear him???? Even the other children the eldest should have known something was wrong!

There is alot that is not adding up in this case.
DoDuh

Summerville, SC

#14 Sep 8, 2008
Heck fire!! Just think if it had been the pet cat? Someone would be in jail by now...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If this Offends you! 1 hr Beady by Proxy 32
ob cohen? (Mar '13) 6 hr Wondering 3
I don't see any of you nickel bag boys 11 hr Standpoints View 5
running again 14 hr me 1
You've got to jump 18 hr b_rad_ 8
It's party time! Light the candles! 19 hr Cody 8
Objective complete!! 20 hr Beady by Proxy 7

Romance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance