Tattooed people
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Why tattoo

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2012
It really burns my a$$ when i see people who obviously have nothing, are unemployed, get food stamps, have six scruffy skinny kids, etc.(you get the picture) inked with expensive artwork. Where are their priorities when it comes to money and wise spending?
Comments?
Da Plane

Jefferson City, MO

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Tattoos indicate a biker or a loser who spent time in Jail. Despite changing styles, I would never hire a person with a visible tattoo for a job involving customers or clients.
Been there

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2012
I agree. Some will say doctors, lawyers, clergy, etc. have tats. Not in my world!
AUSCitizen

Rolla, MO

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Da Plane wrote:
Tattoos indicate a biker or a loser who spent time in Jail. Despite changing styles, I would never hire a person with a visible tattoo for a job involving customers or clients.
What your saying is anyone with tats are losers. So, that makes our US military are losers, cause alot get tats. I, do agree that people should get their priorities straight on what is more important, such as resourses finanicals. Yes, I do know a few high tech/business people who have tats, and alot of businesses in the area who hire those with tats. Their are alot of people who have tats who have never been to jail/prison and are/have never been on welfare. To bad that you along with a few other narrow minded people would not hire anyone with visible tats, cause your probaly missing out on some good workers.
Been there

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2012
True. Our military are an exception for sure. They are hardworking and generally solid citizens. Sweeping generalizations can be hurtful.
A shame

Rolla, MO

#6 Sep 18, 2012
Da Plane wrote:
You're no One to judge, and your close mindedness is shameful. You'll miss out on a lot of truly good people if you don't change your thought process. I agree with the person above that just like many on welfare their priorities are skewed. I would just like to add that I am an educated, employed, hard working student/mother with strong moral values. I have two tattoos that are very meaningful to me and remind me every day why I'm here. I intend to probably have one or two more. Judge me all you want, your time will come.
John

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Judge White has a tattoo. so does Linsbe and Cheif Kearse (sp?) they are all far from loosers.
John

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2012
You ever think maybe they got the tattoo when they had the money to spend on them. Have fun voting for Romney in November
Santa Claus

Rolla, MO

#9 Sep 18, 2012
I have visible tattoos & piercings & have a good job working for an insurance company in town. The company I work for has no problem hiring people with tattoos as long as they are all over your body & vulgar.
ct

United States

#10 Sep 18, 2012
I agree^^. I have tattoos and piercings and work in healthcare. Alot of people do. So that means you wouldn't want me to give you CPR if you crashed on my OR table? You're and idiot.
Not convinced

Waynesville, MO

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Many inked people i know regret getting their tattoo later in life. What looked good when you are 20 often looks rediculous when your are 60. Sentimental tatoos are fine but all this tribal stuff on necks and faces is simply stupid, in my opinion. Likewise tongue piercings and lip piercings. Nasty!
This guy

United States

#12 Sep 18, 2012
I gotta say im not the smartest or richest around but im a very hard worker and my kids are taken care of ive worked three jobs at once to make sure my kids are taken care of i also have tattoos and think its pretty lame you would judge somone just over that i will say that yes alotta people who have tattoos have been in jail or in some sorta trouble but again that doesnt make bad people i have been in jail and had my moments with rpd but if u ever met me you wouldnt know because im very polite and kind to people and treat folk with respect with that being said i realize that not everybody is that way but ive met people who dnt have tattoos and they were just as crappy of a person as some of the people yoyr talkin about but still you dont know somone by whats outside you know them by whats inside and its nit always people who are tattooed or pierced who are crappy people because i assure you ladies and gentlemen theyre are just as maby people without either who would rob cheat n lieto get what they want outta life and have not one care about you or yours
tattooedgirl

Rolla, MO

#13 Sep 18, 2012
It just goes to show your ignorance. Tattoos are beautiful! I would prefer to work with someone with tattoos and piercings anyday and am thankful that I dont work with anyone as narrow minded and backwards as you. BTW, I have a respectable job and my tattoos will look just as beautiful in 20 years as they do now, I take care of my body!
mj

Rolla, MO

#14 Sep 18, 2012
So my tattoo won't look good in 60 years. Probably not. Ok so tell me how great ur gona look in 60 years.
common cents

United States

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Sometimes there are reasons for tattoos. I've never done any time, nor am I incompetent. My son is well cared for, and I am educated. One of mine is a symbol of love for my child. Another is a reminder of the life I overcame as a child. Most people with tattoos are expressive, sensitive, and, dare I say, clean. Tattoos are works of art
Da Plane

Jefferson City, MO

#16 Sep 18, 2012
Yes, I am the one to judge your lack of intelligence and common sense--along with most people in the world. And my sense says you're an idiot if you get a tattoo.

Of course the ones with tattoos will disagree; and those are the ones I'll choose to avoid and discriminate against because they made a choice-he wrong choice and I do not need to support them one bit.
opinion

Holden, MO

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Da Plane wrote:
Yes, I am the one to judge your lack of intelligence and common sense--along with most people in the world. And my sense says you're an idiot if you get a tattoo.

Of course the ones with tattoos will disagree; and those are the ones I'll choose to avoid and discriminate against because they made a choice-he wrong choice and I do not need to support them one bit.
How about YOU go stand on the front line in place of our GREAT service men & women that have tats & let them be home with their loved ones & make stupid ass judgements on people as you are!!!
Eric

United States

#18 Sep 18, 2012
Da Plane wrote:
Trying to be all gramar smart and you started a sentence with the word and.. it might be accaptable but still not proper. FAIL....
tay

Rolla, MO

#19 Sep 18, 2012
Let me explain something to you uneducated twats. The culture of tattoos have been around long before anyone gave a second thought to your existence and will continue on when you cease to exist. Tattoos are major staple in many cultures including the American culture. A woman getting tattooed on her face is the sign that she has entered adulthood in many European and African tribes. Tattoos are can be a sign of heritage and nobility in many different parts of the world. Just because those ideals and customs don't fit in your little box doesn't mean they are bad or wrong.

So, it's ok for service men and women to get inked but not civilians? Who the f*** are you to judge me and millions of others. People get tattoos for numerous reasons. A memorial, a sign of courage and strength, the artwork etc. People like us are your doctors, nurses, police,lawyers, gas station attendant, mailmen etc. We make your life convenient.

And FYI a majority of people who have tattoos have friends that do the tattooing, wither it's a bad tattoo or a good one. So there's a good chance that that artist, out of the goodness of their heart, did the work for free or next to nothing. Not all of us are tattooed losers.

I have a bachelors degree of science in graphic design. People like me design your menus, the billboards, the books you read, your business cards. We make your business look damn good so you get customers and make money.

I worked hard to get where I'm at and where I hope to be going. You don't know me or the other people you belittle that have tattoos. What have you done with your life? Sat at home on topix bitching about something you have no knowledge about? Pathetic.

You probably secretly want one but are too afraid of what people will think. Hope you learned something today.
ct

United States

#20 Sep 18, 2012
Da Plane wrote:

You need slapped. I also hope if you have children, that they cover themselves in tattoos :-) Have a wonderful day. But, by the way you sound, your days are never wonderful. It must suck to be so hateful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew and Ashley at Investment Realty 3 hr Lisa 10
White Trash people in Rolla (Apr '16) 5 hr Okay 64
Wait for good heroin 5 hr Okay 3
seth german 11 hr ImInTheKnow 9
Kaegann Jordan 11 hr JustCurious 12
ihop 15 hr socemo 5
Gofundme for Ashley Brandt DUI May 25 Better off than e... 21

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance