12 Year old Committed Suicide?

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Rolla, MO

#1 Mar 25, 2011
I heard a 12 year old committed suicide yesterday due to bullying at the Middle school. Is this true?
nosaint

Cameron, MO

#2 Mar 25, 2011
I don't know the reason why , and only God knows why but yes it is true please pray for the boys family this has to be a tragic time for them
really

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 25, 2011
from Rolla? That is terrible, the family is in my prayers
sad days

Warsaw, MO

#4 Mar 25, 2011
who was the kid? im just wanting to try and find out because my nephew went to the same school, and we are wanting to see if my nephew was maybe his friend, so we can figure out how to explain it to him. Thank you
Mommy of 5

United States

#5 Mar 25, 2011
His name is Maxwell Blands and my nephew went to school with him. This is the saddest thing that i have ever heard..god bless this family and that precious angel
stepup

Cameron, MO

#6 Mar 25, 2011
this is a tragedy, that this happened to such a wonderful young child , this boy was just starting his life and we are all so full of questions and the biggest one is why ? On the outside we can say it was because of bullying at school , for those who thought it was fun to bully this boy I now pray for you also , if your the parents of the bully or bullies I too pray for you because you will never know the pain that your child must be going thru right now knowing his or words of torment at school cost another child's life this is some thing they will have to deal with forever something the will probably keep locked inside forever . If you know or suspect your child might be a bully please stepup and do your duty as a parent and explain that this is not ok to act this way may God watch over your child as well as the family that lost Maxwell please pray for all of them
whoa

Rolla, MO

#7 Mar 25, 2011
Unfortunately these bullies may not even care that this child is dead. They maybe that heartless. I hope that's not the case. I hope they realize that their taunting cost a family their precious child.
stepup

Cameron, MO

#8 Mar 25, 2011
whoa yes that is sad but true, and that is yet another reason to pray for those were bullying that child
AshMae

United States

#9 Mar 25, 2011
I heard that he did it because he was doing bad in school and was under a lot of pressure to do well. Parent teacher conferences were this week and that set him off. This is the first I heard of the bullying.

Since: Jul 08

Rolla, MO

#10 Mar 25, 2011
I do not know what is true in this story except that a young man lost his life! There has got to be something that we can do to show these young people that suicide is not the option they need to choose! They need to be able to find help that they need when they need it! I will be praying for all involved!
stepup

Cameron, MO

#11 Mar 26, 2011
rather it was bullying or being under pressure we need to send a message to children that they need to do the best that they can and that will be good enough I am sure that as parents we would all like to have a child alive with a D on the report card rather than one who has left us for fear of not getting a A please parents all parents just tell your child hey do the best that you can that is all we expect !!
Wondering also

Rolla, MO

#12 Mar 26, 2011
Mommy of 5 wrote:
His name is Maxwell Blands and my nephew went to school with him. This is the saddest thing that i have ever heard..god bless this family and that precious angel
His name is Maxwell Allen Blase
Wondering also

Rolla, MO

#13 Mar 26, 2011
Gal from the Lick wrote:
I do not know what is true in this story except that a young man lost his life! There has got to be something that we can do to show these young people that suicide is not the option they need to choose! They need to be able to find help that they need when they need it! I will be praying for all involved!
Exactly. Everyone is speculating. Nothing has been published reagarding how and why. It is very cruel to speculate and post your speculations. My heart is with the family and this topic should never have been started.
concerned for our youth

Rolla, MO

#14 Mar 26, 2011
The young man was Maxwell Blase. My son went to school with him. My son told me that the boy was telling everyone he was going to commit suicide b/c his family didn't even care about him. There was a custody issue. The boy was very intelligent. He even wrote notes that said he was going to do it. WHY WERE THE TEACHERS NOT LISTENING TO HIM?? He was crying out for help..and no one listened. My prayers go out to his siblings and those who loved him as well as the other students who knew him. I wish someone could have gotten involved before it was too late. He had been threatening since February according to rumors at school.
factsbeforeficti on

Waynesville, MO

#15 Mar 26, 2011
concerned for our youth wrote:
The young man was Maxwell Blase. My son went to school with him. My son told me that the boy was telling everyone he was going to commit suicide b/c his family didn't even care about him. There was a custody issue. The boy was very intelligent. He even wrote notes that said he was going to do it. WHY WERE THE TEACHERS NOT LISTENING TO HIM?? He was crying out for help..and no one listened. My prayers go out to his siblings and those who loved him as well as the other students who knew him. I wish someone could have gotten involved before it was too late. He had been threatening since February according to rumors at school.
I don't think it's fair to start blaming the teachers. If your speculation is correct, most of his problems were occurring at home. Going to school may have been his getaway. It may not have been as evident to teachers as we might think. We as parents need to educate our children if they hear of a child contemplating suicide, they need to report it. Our school administration and school resource officer will not overlook a situation as serious as this if they are made aware. Either way, what has happened has happened and no amount of blaming will change that. From here we educate our children and we pray everyday for the Blase family.
Jud

Rolla, MO

#16 Mar 26, 2011
No one knows why this happened. It wasn't bullying. He was well liked. Got along with others. Was doing good in school. His parents are getting divorced. He left a note in his locker stating Its a good day to die. Was in a good mood on the bus going home and laughing. He shot himself when he got home. No one saw this coming. If he talked about it to class mates, it wasnt reported to anyone. A really sad situation that no one has any good answers as to why. This is the story I got from a pretty good source. So sad.
joy

Rolla, MO

#17 Mar 26, 2011
So many rumors! I'm sure the people who really know the truth, his family, don't appreciate all the speculation. Give them your prayers and, if you know them, give them a call. Other than that, love your own children with your whole heart and soul, and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!
Jess

United States

#18 Mar 26, 2011
Speaking of someone who had experience (more than I wish) with suicides, those who intend on commiting it usually do not show outward signs. Those who just want help or the attention that they are NEEDING but not getting for whatever reason, will threaten it, and even attempt to go through it but in ways that usually leave you able to save them. People who attempt to commit suicide and succeed, often do not have ANY signs of depression or problems. I pray for the family as being left behind with so many questions is a horrid feeling that never goes away. May the boy have peace from whatever was haunting him and may his family be held close to God in these trying times
Concerned over rumors

Union, MO

#19 Mar 26, 2011
Most of what I see below is purely rumor, IF you know the family at ALL u will know he was very cared for and loved by his family! People, stop speculating and let Max rest in peace by showing some much needed respect!!
teaforme

California, MO

#20 Mar 26, 2011
Concerned over rumors wrote:
Most of what I see below is purely rumor, IF you know the family at ALL u will know he was very cared for and loved by his family! People, stop speculating and let Max rest in peace by showing some much needed respect!!
I agree! This is not one of those issues that needs a lot of discussion. This family is grieving, leave the rumors out of it. Let it drop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon Hinds and Michael Gresham 9 hr lol 4
The Purst Food Market 11 hr Local Info 5
indian grocery store 11 hr Local Info 6
Bill Martin 11 hr night owl 3
High school lovers 13 hr well 6
Stephen Grady 13 hr cts 1
cox 14 hr Parent 36
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Apr 24 1h384lw 324
More from around the web

Rolla People Search