School lunches taste bad and not much of it.

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
And time democrat

Saint Robert, MO

#1 Feb 26, 2013
These so called healthy school lunches taste like crap and not much of it ,according to the kids and teachers.
MoM

Rolla, MO

#2 Feb 26, 2013
Fix your own lunch and dont bitch about it.
School Teacher

Rolla, MO

#3 Feb 26, 2013
The lunches do suck, but most of the students get them for free or at least a reduced price. It's unfortunate people aren't willing to work anymore and our taxes have to be used to feed their kids. Perhaps the families paying full price for their meals would have better food if the deadbeats weren't using up all the country's resources.
first hand knowledge

Rolla, MO

#4 Feb 26, 2013
And time democrat wrote:
These so called healthy school lunches taste like crap and not much of it ,according to the kids and teachers.
According to what kids and teachers? How many? What percentage? Have you tried them for yourself?
And time democrat

Saint Robert, MO

#5 Feb 26, 2013
Just got a call from a school administration person,, they told me this poor lunch problem started when the First Lady demanded that all schools use her personal recipes. Can you believe it,,, democrats manage to make school lunches worse than they were. When will it end.
first hand knowledge

Rolla, MO

#6 Feb 26, 2013
And time democrat wrote:
Just got a call from a school administration person,, they told me this poor lunch problem started when the First Lady demanded that all schools use her personal recipes. Can you believe it,,, democrats manage to make school lunches worse than they were. When will it end.
Sorry, I don't understand you. I don't speak Troll.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#7 Feb 26, 2013
I'm looking forward to when the tit dries up.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2013
Allot of it now days has to do with food allergies,all though the schools will, if you bring in a note from a doctor to the nurse,they will provide a special lunch for your child on days that they are serving what they can not have. Also they try to accommodate for cretin religions that don't eat cretin kinds of food, in which I believe is wrong and not fair to the other kids. Religion and medical are two completely things in my book,and its mainly the parents who have pushed this on the workers in the cafetiere. When I was in school it was either eat what was on the menu or take your lunch this is why they send a lunch menu home with you....but on the other hand they have been know to change the menu last minuet and this is not the cooks fault this comes from the upper heads. They are not allowed to use any salt or pepper in the foods as well and as for healthy I'm not sure about allot of that because almost ever thing they get is precooked and is just heated up. Some of the kids that eat these lunches ,free or not, this is the only good meal they get all day ,if they don't eat breakfast. As of portion size the administrator doesn't plan the meals very well at all, one day it may be only an apple, peanutbutter and a sandwich then the next day there will be so much food that the tray is almost over flowing resulting in more waste they are not balanced at all.
Franklin

Rolla, MO

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Killa, would like to explain your comment as it applies to disadvantaged children?
farkle

Rolla, MO

#10 Feb 27, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
I'm looking forward to when the tit dries up.
Let's not talk about your mommy's ground-dragging flapjacks on here. Killa still gets his meals from her cheesy, yeasty drippers.
MomtoK

Bates City, MO

#11 Feb 27, 2013
When my daughter comes home from school and I am asking her about her day, she begs me to let her take her lunch because the food at school is so gross, and she is starving seriously bad when she gets home, its gotten to the point that I just send her lunch so I know shes eating because there were days she didnt eat all day because the food was gross. Is this really how we are teaching our kids good nutrition??? By feeding them bland and tasteless and terrible food? The way I see it, is that if you wont eat it then dont feed it. Id like to see little mrs first lady come down to our schools wait in line with the rest of the kids, be as hungry as them, and eat the same tray of food the kids are eating every day and see if she likes it. There are ways to serve healthy, without being nasty. I can only imagine how many teenagers leave school and drive straight to some fattening resteraunt like mcds or bk and fill up on fattening greasy foods because they starve at school. Yep this is how we fight obesity by forcing disgusting food they wont eat increasing wasted food only for them to starve all day to come home and pig out or drive to the closest fast food and over indulge.

Thats the way to teach them healthy eating via the first lady way..........

Memah

Saint Robert, MO

#12 Feb 27, 2013
I don't like milk. I want Monster drink at school lunch. I have it everyday or breakfast. It tastes better than dumb milk and keeps me awake in after noon.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#13 Feb 27, 2013
Obama is starving our children. No one will eat that slop.
LOL

Jefferson City, MO

#14 Feb 27, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Obama is starving our children. No one will eat that slop.
Time to change the tinfoil on your hat !!

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#15 Feb 27, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Time to change the tinfoil on your hat !!
Some day you'll have to ask someone what that expression means so you know when to use it.
killa the boofoo

Rolla, MO

#16 Feb 27, 2013
farkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not talk about your mommy's ground-dragging flapjacks on here. Killa still gets his meals from her cheesy, yeasty drippers.
killa, we know this is true
And time democrat

Saint Robert, MO

#17 Feb 27, 2013
killa the boofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
killa, we know this is true
Another liberal post !
bang

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2013
Many high schools have a snack shop where they can buy nachos and cookies and stuff. I'm a teacher, and I think school lunches are decent, if you get a salad or fruit. The other stuff is dry and tasteless like biscuits, tator tots, and fries. They need to put more salt in their foods.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Thanks Michelle! It'd be better if she spent her time buying couture handbags and clothing on the taxpayer dime.
Ambitious

Warrensburg, MO

#20 Feb 27, 2013
My son says that the school lunches are good. Hmmm...maybe my home cooked meals aren't as good as I thought, if he thinks the school lunches are so tasty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drive thru hotties 25 min RHS Senior stud 54
Morgan Westover 54 min Ihatemorganwestover 2
Imo's employees 1 hr anonymously anona... 8
Springfield Mo 1 hr cuz 4
Blaine Gilman 5 hr Bacon hater 5
best tattoo shop in rolla?? (Nov '11) 5 hr billy 46
Asian lady steals goose at Lions Club Park (May '12) 6 hr URI the great 9
Rolla Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?