looking for fitness club

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2013
Hi I am wanting to join a gym in Rolla what are some peoples experiences with theirs and which ones do you recommend. And which ones t stay away from??
rolla exerciser

Saint Robert, MO

#2 Jul 15, 2013
The Centre is a great place to exercise. Large facility with decent equipment, lots of cardio, fun group classes. I especially like the indoor pool and indoor track during wintertime. Check them out first, but then compare to Vessells (friendly staff); or Anytime fitness (natiowide chain, open 24/7, and good if travel alot).

The rates pretty much average out among the gyms, but the best overall value is the Centre IMO.
thoughts

Holden, MO

#3 Jul 15, 2013
It really depends on what kind of people you want to be around when you are working out / exercising. Take tours of the different places. They all have good and bad. I used AnyTime Fitness. And if you go out of town or move and theres one around you can use it. I liked it because its open 24/7 but if you decided to stop going you are still stuck paying the contract unless you do month to month.
rolla exerciser

Saint Robert, MO

#4 Jul 15, 2013
True, I think all the Rolla gyms lock you into a contract. Vessell's might be more forgiving if you decide to back-out (IDK-just a guess since they are small). I was there for a year when I first move her, and had a 1-yr contract that I didn't renew. Joined the Centre.

The Centre has all sorts of people there, from muscle-heads slamming weights, to elderly walking around track, to young ladies taking classes and doing cardio~seems like anyone exercising would not feel intimidated there. Friendly vibe.

Anytime Fitness is good for solitary exercisers who want to go in, exercise, shower and leave. Nobody bugs you because hardly anyone is there.

I recommend asking a for a couple of day passes at eachgym so you can make your decision.
9yui

Rolla, MO

#5 Jul 15, 2013
You can get a week pass at Vessels for $10. I have been going there since they opened. Have also gone to the Centre.Just like Vessels because is is locally owned. Very clean. They have trainers also. They have yoga,cycle,boot camp,and all kinds of classes available.
9yui

Rolla, MO

#6 Jul 15, 2013
The pass you obtain is for 7 days,that is less than $2 a day.
Brooke

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2013
Family fitness is great! Been a long time member great rates for individual, couple, and family. Plus they run free tanning as well. Very helpful and nice staff. Ryan their Personal Trainer is HOTTT & extremely nice and helpful.I enjoy the smallness over bigger gyms where people I feel always are starring at me while I work out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolla is going under 34 min Rolla Sucks 9
I know why you like Rolla now 40 min Rolla Sucks 7
indian grocery store 47 min lol 5
Everybody is either a hair dresser or handyman 1 hr MLS 6
foshing 1 hr Watch it Troll 7
The Purst Food Market 1 hr Local Info 4
rikki bradshaw 3 hr geno 1
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Fri 1h384lw 324
More from around the web

Rolla People Search