world war 2 parachute accident

Posted in the Rolla Forum

MURF

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Jan 22, 2013
A couple years ago, my neighbor, who has since passed away, told me about a parachute training accident at the Vichy Army Air Force base, which of course, is now the Vichy airport. He said he was stationed at Whitman, near Knob Knoster, and he and a group of soldiers were sent to Vichy to remove numerous bodies from a parachute training accident. Apparently a group of airborne troops were on a training exercise when several parachutes failed to open and those who's chute didn't open were killed. This happened during World War 2. Wondered if anyone in the Rolla, MO area would have any knowledge of this? Thanks.
shorty

Clinton, MO

#2 Jan 22, 2013
Only thing I could find was a formation of planes was flying back to Whitman from Vichy and two collided in flight and two pilots died.
MURF

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Jan 23, 2013
shorty wrote:
Only thing I could find was a formation of planes was flying back to Whitman from Vichy and two collided in flight and two pilots died.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolla is going under 8 min Rolla Sucks 9
I know why you like Rolla now 14 min Rolla Sucks 7
indian grocery store 22 min lol 5
Everybody is either a hair dresser or handyman 1 hr MLS 6
foshing 1 hr Watch it Troll 7
The Purst Food Market 1 hr Local Info 4
rikki bradshaw 2 hr geno 1
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Fri 1h384lw 324
More from around the web

Rolla People Search