killa

Rolla, MO

#50 Sep 3, 2012
I think bloodfart just put him in his place. That's why you don't assume in an argument. You may be wrong and get spanked.
Wilson

Rolla, MO

#51 Sep 4, 2012
That's dumb. Everyone I know on public assistance because they're "poor" is Republican. Not a fair generalization.
LOL

Jefferson City, MO

#52 Sep 4, 2012
killa wrote:
I think bloodfart just put him in his place. That's why you don't assume in an argument. You may be wrong and get spanked.
Social Media Tools Share
Print Email SaveSponsored by FLSmidthAug 30, 2012
By Lindsay Morris
Associate Editor

On Aug. 21, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) violated the Clean Air Act in its Cross State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR). In a 2-1 decision, a panel of judges said the rule, which aimed to set stricter limits on sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxide (NOX) emissions from power plants in 28 states, usurped states’ responsibilities by issuing a Federal Implementation Plan (FIP).

Now, the EPA has until Oct. 5 to file a petition for rehearing with the three-judge panel that vacated CSAPR earlier this month. EPA’s other option is to seek review “en banc,” which would require the case to be heard before the full D.C. Circuit.

Jane Montgomery, partner at Schiff Hardin LLP, said that the court could choose to reconsider en banc if it recognizes that EPA took “the unusual FIP step” largely because of the D.C. Circuit’s prior ruling about the Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR). However, the court could decide that EPA had seemingly ignored the prior court’s ruling and subsequently allow the panel decision to stand.

If the court denies a rehearing, EPA may then appeal the decision to the Supreme Court. However, the risks of an adverse ruling – agreeing with the current opinion – are so high that it’s unlikely EPA will appeal to the Supreme Court, Montgomery said.

“The most likely outcome will be that EPA will go back to the drawing board, using its current modeling but taking into account current state attainment designations, and will come up with a new SIP (State Implementation Plan) call, requesting states to implement a state NOX budget in a way that makes sense within each state,” Montgomery said.

One challenge in the aftermath of CSAPR being vacated could come in the form of states filing petitions against individual upwind sources through Section 126 of the Clean Air Act.

“In the absence of a permanent, comprehensive federal interstate trading program, individual states are free to file Section 126 petitions against individual upwind sources that are alleged to be causing significant contribution to non-attainment areas within their borders,” said Todd Palmer, partner with Michael Best & Friedrich LLP.

However, the Section 126 statute places the burden on the filing state to prove exactly how much of its air pollution is attributable to other states. Therefore, Montgomery said, the burden and cost of putting the petition together would be too great for states to pursue.
killa

Rolla, MO

#53 Sep 4, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Social Media Tools Share
Print Email SaveSponsored by FLSmidthAug 30, 2012
By Lindsay Morris
Associate Editor

On Aug. 21, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) violated the Clean Air Act in its Cross State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR). In a 2-1 decision, a panel of judges said the rule, which aimed to set stricter limits on sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxide (NOX) emissions from power plants in 28 states, usurped statesÂ’ responsibilities by issuing a Federal Implementation Plan (FIP).

Now, the EPA has until Oct. 5 to file a petition for rehearing with the three-judge panel that vacated CSAPR earlier this month. EPA’s other option is to seek review “en banc,” which would require the case to be heard before the full D.C. Circuit.

Jane Montgomery, partner at Schiff Hardin LLP, said that the court could choose to reconsider en banc if it recognizes that EPA took “the unusual FIP step” largely because of the D.C. Circuit’s prior ruling about the Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR). However, the court could decide that EPA had seemingly ignored the prior court’s ruling and subsequently allow the panel decision to stand.

If the court denies a rehearing, EPA may then appeal the decision to the Supreme Court. However, the risks of an adverse ruling – agreeing with the current opinion – are so high that it’s unlikely EPA will appeal to the Supreme Court, Montgomery said.

“The most likely outcome will be that EPA will go back to the drawing board, using its current modeling but taking into account current state attainment designations, and will come up with a new SIP (State Implementation Plan) call, requesting states to implement a state NOX budget in a way that makes sense within each state,” Montgomery said.

One challenge in the aftermath of CSAPR being vacated could come in the form of states filing petitions against individual upwind sources through Section 126 of the Clean Air Act.

“In the absence of a permanent, comprehensive federal interstate trading program, individual states are free to file Section 126 petitions against individual upwind sources that are alleged to be causing significant contribution to non-attainment areas within their borders,” said Todd Palmer, partner with Michael Best & Friedrich LLP.

However, the Section 126 statute places the burden on the filing state to prove exactly how much of its air pollution is attributable to other states. Therefore, Montgomery said, the burden and cost of putting the petition together would be too great for states to pursue.
I don't know why you want me to read a random and lengthy article. What's your point?
No joke just fact

Warrensburg, MO

#54 Sep 8, 2012
I went to ABC News website and watched it from there to make sure it was legitimate. It is. Wow!

Colette
Sent from my iPad

Please watch this news broadcast by Diane Sawyer; then vote your conscience in November.
 
 
 
I-635 in Texas is being rebuilt with underground tolls from I-35 to I-45
and is contracted to a CHINESE firm for over $5 billion.
Diane Sawyer reporting on U.S. bridge projects going to the Chinese.... NOT Americans.
The bridges are right here in the U.S. and yet Obama has approved for Chinese contractors to come
in and do the work. What about jobs for Americans???
Watch this video. It doesn't take long to view.
This one should be tough for the supporters of the current regime to swallow....AND it comes from ABC NEWS!
U.S.A. Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms
Shocking to say the least! This video is a jaw-dropper that will make you sick.
(It was also shocking that ABC was actually reporting this story.)
The lead-in with Obama promising jobs in the U.S. by improving our infrastructure is so typical of all his promises!
Our tax dollars are at work - for CHINA !!!
I pray all the unemployed see this and cast their votes accordingly in 2012!
 
CLICK here: U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News
 
PLEASE PASS ON TO EVERYONE !!!
 

 
william

Blanchard, OK

#57 Sep 25, 2012
Bushe's Fault
UseYourHead

San Diego, CA

#58 Oct 3, 2012
Booger wrote:
If I recall, it was Bill Clinton, a democrat, that overhauled welfare and put term limits on it. Nobody is putting anyone on permanent government assistance. Typically, the person on it permanently has put themselves there. Yes, there are people who genuinely need it and for them, it should be available. Many of the middle class are one tragedy from needing it also.
Studies have shown overwhelmingly that since Bush's tax cuts, the disparity between the poor and the rich have grown. That means that the middle class is shrinking. It's no longer an America where you can just exists comfortably, you either fight to get rich or stay poor.
You say they'll get more power if they sink this economy? How is that? What power is there in being broke? Who really wants to send America to the dumpster? What good would it do? That's like cutting your own dang throat? Nobody is out to do that, but until republican policies are dropped, that's exactly what's going to happen.
Everybody blames the president like he has any real control. Its congress with all the power and its no coincidence that while the republicans are in control of congress, this country has got worse. If they would stop screwing around with 40 years of wheel spinning over abortion and get to real issues, may this country would stand a chance with them. Until then, my vote will mostly be democratic.
You start your first paragraph by praising Bill Clinton for welfare reform, and in your last paragraph citing that the makeup of the congress is the real deciding factor on what gets done. Interesting that you give Bill Clinton credit for "accomplishing" something that was a) Introduced to congress by a Republican named E. Clay Shaw and b) Passed through the House and the Senate, both of which were controlled by Republicans at the time (53 in the Senate and no less than 230 in the House over the term of the 104th Congress)> So, either Bill Clinton gets no credit for PRWORA, or Obama is to blame for the economy, which is it?
How to vote

Warrensburg, MO

#59 Oct 3, 2012
UseYourHead wrote:
<quoted text>
You start your first paragraph by praising Bill Clinton for welfare reform, and in your last paragraph citing that the makeup of the congress is the real deciding factor on what gets done. Interesting that you give Bill Clinton credit for "accomplishing" something that was a) Introduced to congress by a Republican named E. Clay Shaw and b) Passed through the House and the Senate, both of which were controlled by Republicans at the time (53 in the Senate and no less than 230 in the House over the term of the 104th Congress)> So, either Bill Clinton gets no credit for PRWORA, or Obama is to blame for the economy, which is it?
very good !!!
Taryn Dougherty

Mount Laurel, NJ

#60 Nov 26, 2012
I grew up poor in the inner city and the first time I registered to vote in my neighborhood, I selected republican bc I wanted to vote for Bush senior. They couldn't beleive that I didn't want to be a democrat and spend 30 minutes trying to convince me that Democrats were for the poor. But as someone who was on government assistance, I felt that Democrats only kept people poor and I mean real poverity. Things improved for us when my mother was able to work. I have been a Republican ever since. Not only do I beleieve that work can lift you up, I also believe that this country gives everyone the opportunity to achieve whatever they want. I refuse to be a victim therefore I would never be a Democrat.
Good for you

Salem, MO

#61 Nov 26, 2012
Taryn Dougherty wrote:
I grew up poor in the inner city and the first time I registered to vote in my neighborhood, I selected republican bc I wanted to vote for Bush senior. They couldn't beleive that I didn't want to be a democrat and spend 30 minutes trying to convince me that Democrats were for the poor. But as someone who was on government assistance, I felt that Democrats only kept people poor and I mean real poverity. Things improved
for us when my mother was able to work. I have been a Republican ever since. Not only do I beleieve that work can lift you up, I also believe that this country gives everyone the opportunity to achieve whatever they want. I refuse to be a victim therefore I would never be a Democrat.
Good for you dear, where did you register, you should not be pressured.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#62 Nov 26, 2012
Taryn Dougherty wrote:
I grew up poor in the inner city and the first time I registered to vote in my neighborhood, I selected republican bc I wanted to vote for Bush senior. They couldn't beleive that I didn't want to be a democrat and spend 30 minutes trying to convince me that Democrats were for the poor. But as someone who was on government assistance, I felt that Democrats only kept people poor and I mean real poverity. Things improved for us when my mother was able to work. I have been a Republican ever since. Not only do I beleieve that work can lift you up, I also believe that this country gives everyone the opportunity to achieve whatever they want. I refuse to be a victim therefore I would never be a Democrat.
Well said

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#63 Nov 26, 2012
bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama stated that "utility prices would rise when he came into power" this president wants nothing to do with any fossil fuel. Help has been trying to reduce our nuclear weapon stockpile from day one by signing treaties with russia. This president lives in a fools world. He is a jackass.
So, " are you saying America should not sign "treaties with Russia" to reduce nuclear weapons?

Why ? We and Russia have more than enough to destroy this whole planet now! What good would more weapons do?{The fighter with the biggest mussles does not always win the fight}

Do you even pretend to know how much each nuclear weapon cost in tax payers monies, not even considering the operating cost?{lauching sites, personnel, upkeep, accidental happenings}

Wasted money, the paranoia cold war propaganda does not fly today!{At least to ones who have lodgical outlooks}

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#64 Nov 26, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>So, " are you saying America should not sign "treaties with Russia" to reduce nuclear weapons?

Why ? We and Russia have more than enough to destroy this whole planet now! What good would more weapons do?{The fighter with the biggest mussles does not always win the fight}

Do you even pretend to know how much each nuclear weapon cost in tax payers monies, not even considering the operating cost?{lauching sites, personnel, upkeep, accidental happenings}

Wasted money, the paranoia cold war propaganda does not fly today!{At least to ones who have lodgical outlooks}
If you have exactly enough weapons to destroy the planet exactly once, and your opposition has the ability to take out the planet 10 times over, what happens when you each take out 90% of the other's abilities? Who wins?
Andy

Salem, MO

#65 Nov 26, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have exactly enough weapons to destroy the planet exactly once, and your opposition has the ability to take out the planet 10 times over, what happens when you each take out 90% of the other's abilities? Who wins?
No one wins you fool. The depth of your ignorance is only exceeded by the height of your arrogance.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#66 Nov 26, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have exactly enough weapons to destroy the planet exactly once, and your opposition has the ability to take out the planet 10 times over, what happens when you each take out 90% of the other's abilities? Who wins?
Simple question, simple answer: No one! With that amount of destruction on this rock, no one would be alive to continue.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#67 Nov 26, 2012
No joke just fact wrote:
I went to ABC News website and watched it from there to make sure it was legitimate. It is. Wow!
Colette
Sent from my iPad
Please watch this news broadcast by Diane Sawyer; then vote your conscience in November.
 
 
 
I-635 in Texas is being rebuilt with underground tolls from I-35 to I-45
and is contracted to a CHINESE firm for over $5 billion.
Diane Sawyer reporting on U.S. bridge projects going to the Chinese.... NOT Americans.
The bridges are right here in the U.S. and yet Obama has approved for Chinese contractors to come
in and do the work. What about jobs for Americans???
Watch this video. It doesn't take long to view.
This one should be tough for the supporters of the current regime to swallow....AND it comes from ABC NEWS!
U.S.A. Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms
Shocking to say the least! This video is a jaw-dropper that will make you sick.
(It was also shocking that ABC was actually reporting this story.)
The lead-in with Obama promising jobs in the U.S. by improving our infrastructure is so typical of all his promises!
Our tax dollars are at work - for CHINA !!!
I pray all the unemployed see this and cast their votes accordingly in 2012!
 
CLICK here: U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News
 
PLEASE PASS ON TO EVERYONE !!!
 
 
So, are you also against american companies from doing work in China?

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#68 Nov 26, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Simple question, simple answer: No one! With that amount of destruction on this rock, no one would be alive to continue.
You liberals have me in stitches at your level of thought. Here's a hint... You don't wouldn't blow yourself up. Buahahaha. You blow up the necessary sites on the OTHER hemisphere.

On a side note, I'm a little more scared now about Obama having his finger on the button. He'd probably blow himself up first. I'm sure his thought process isn't far off from yours.
killa tha crybaby

Rolla, MO

#69 Nov 26, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals have me in stitches at your level of thought. Here's a hint... You don't wouldn't blow yourself up. Buahahaha. You blow up the necessary sites on the OTHER hemisphere.
On a side note, I'm a little more scared now about Obama having his finger on the button. He'd probably blow himself up first. I'm sure his thought process isn't far off from yours.
Do you wear heavy duty Depends? Or do they cut a hole in your chair so you can just piddle on the floor?

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#70 Nov 27, 2012
killa tha crybaby wrote:
<quoted text>Do you wear heavy duty Depends? Or do they cut a hole in your chair so you can just piddle on the floor?
Step 1: blow them up.
Step 2: STOP!!! No need to blow self up!!!

Suicide bombers must be libs.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#71 Nov 27, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals have me in stitches at your level of thought. Here's a hint... You don't wouldn't blow yourself up. Buahahaha. You blow up the necessary sites on the OTHER hemisphere.
On a side note, I'm a little more scared now about Obama having his finger on the button. He'd probably blow himself up first. I'm sure his thought process isn't far off from yours.
What? No, if we and Russia would only use 1/10th of our nuclear weapons on each other, civilization as we know it would cease to exist on this planet! jjjjeeeesssccchhhh!

Are you really that dence, or just need attention, if it be even negative?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh brandt 58 min Fitall 11
News Infant rescued from burning vehicle 3 hr they can handle it 43
Mary get over it 4 hr mls 21
What happened to TIM POTTER 7 hr mls 77
Kyle Sonderegger and Talon Cochran 10 hr lmao 7
Sara Roskowske Murphy 10 hr RollaMomma 3
D. Blanton 13 hr theReal 1
Rolla Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]