Since: Jan 10

Lake Spring, MO

#1 Jan 12, 2013
I've used RollaNet for job searching and buying and selling various items. There are some good deals there, but also there are a few scammers you have to watch out for. I was contacted about an item I had for sale by a person calling himself Joel Bastian, e-mail address was jaybeemantion@hotmail.com Do not deal with him.
He wanted to send me a check for the sale price plus some extra funds. I was to deposit the check then wire the extra funds to the shipping company, then he would have the item picked up. This is almost word for word the same as the warning example posted on RollaNet concerning scams.
buyer

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Lewis56usa wrote:
I've used RollaNet for job searching and buying and selling various items. There are some good deals there, but also there are a few scammers you have to watch out for. I was contacted about an item I had for sale by a person calling himself Joel Bastian, e-mail address was jaybeemantion@hotmail.com Do not deal with him.
He wanted to send me a check for the sale price plus some extra funds. I was to deposit the check then wire the extra funds to the shipping company, then he would have the item picked up. This is almost word for word the same as the warning example posted on RollaNet concerning scams.
Thank u.
pupperoni

Waynesville, MO

#3 Jan 12, 2013
yeah, its a scam.
They do the same thing for cute puppies. Send a couple hundred dollar check as a deposit, and pay the rest at delevery. But they never show up. And cash your check.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Lewis56usa wrote:
Did u get a Check. I was contacted by the same guy.
Pupperoni

Saint Robert, MO

#5 Jan 14, 2013
You deposit check, then wire the extra money to 'pay the shippers', some guys come to pick up merchandise very very quickly.

Next day, bank calls to tell you that the buyers check did not clear. You are out the wired money, plus the item, plus the overdraft fee. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

If you catch wind of a possible scam, report to Rolla Police, and they can work out the sting to apprehend these scumbags.
honeypie

Rolla, MO

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Craigslist is full of this stuff. Look for SUVs and motorcycles that are priced way low. You can see these ads pretty much all the time.
BeastMan

Eureka, MO

#7 Jan 22, 2013
I was contacted by the same person. Glad I looked around before falling for this!! Sounded legit, yet to good to be true. Thanks!
TrickyTrixie

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Feb 6, 2013
This joker contacted me, too. Same e-mail to all my ads. It didn't sound like sincere interest so I'm glad I did some searching around. Thanks for posting your experiences with him!
persimmon

Cuba, MO

#9 Feb 18, 2013
It was Paul McKinnon who contacted me with a series of queries that ended up with a similar offer. He would send a check and follow up with his own pick up & delivery service. When I said I would accept only cash, he disappeared. Glad Rollanet alerted me to this scam.
another one

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2013
christianshadow100@yahoo.com this is another one also on rollanet beware
another one

United States

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Lewis56usa wrote:
wovenfabriccompany@aol.com is another one also beware guys
polio

Rolla, MO

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Thanks

Since: Apr 11

San Jose, CA

#13 Feb 27, 2013
The woven fabric guy just contacted me about buying an item
gordon

Washington, MO

#14 Feb 27, 2013
he's contacted me twice...I just reply back with a crock of sh-t. For him to send me cash and I'll send him back a check for the difference ... tell hurry to not wait.lol! if everyone would give him the business he may move on (jackass)
another one

Jefferson City, MO

#15 Feb 27, 2013
I always reply "stupid scammer"
sick of scamers

Union, MO

#16 Mar 4, 2013
woven fabric company@aol.com

I was just contacted to by this scammer.I'm not going to contact for them to get my reply address back.
This is a big scam.
Farmer Billy Bacon

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#17 Mar 4, 2013
keithtravis@yahoo.com is a scanner too. Wants to make payments through PayPal but get the item sent to Washington state with his shipping agent because he was out at sea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kassidy Reding (Jun '13) 31 min kindheartedmama68 35
Headlines Salon-New Salon (Jan '14) 6 hr hs 21
James Hulbert 10 hr Gross 10
Bryan "Buddy" Maddox (Sep '13) 10 hr Pszso187 10
Sputs Place 11 hr hmmm 5
Mexico/All inclusive 12 hr Sunshine 1
Recipes and Coupons (Jan '13) 13 hr Sara 59
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Apr 15 truly-blessed08 322
More from around the web

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]