family problems
Hopeless

Rolla, MO

#88 Feb 12, 2013
not surprised wrote:
I believe Hopeless; her story sounds legit and this kind of thing happens all the time.
If a lot of girls in Rolla are saying they are raped, well it's probably because it's true. 1 in 4 girls are raped or molested by the time they are college age.
I don't know that it would do any good to report Hopeless's relative. Any physical evidence is long gone, and that makes it her word against his in a court. Even when there is physical evidence present and even witnesses, rapists manage to squirm out of convictions time and time again, by playing on stereotypes of women and by painting the victims as promiscuous or liars or mentally ill. Conviction rates for rapists are pathetically low.
If it happens again, please think about reporting it immediately. Part of the reasons convictions are low are because only half of all rapes are even reported. He doesn't deserve to get away with what he did, and even if he escapes a conviction just being dragged to court will be a deterrent from him ever doing it again.
I hope you can recover from the trauma he put you through, and that that scumbag who preys on his own family gets his just desserts.
Thank you! I appreciate this! And hopefully it never happens again but if it does, I Will go to the police right away! Thanks again!
Hopeless

Rolla, MO

#89 Feb 12, 2013
creeps wrote:
Sorry , hopeless, your not hopeless ,but your still in a fix with family.if you want revenge ,take it . If you just wanna cope, see a srink. I believe at some point you were in fact "raped" . & for that i pray for you. I pray to Jesus Crist our savior. He alone will help you. Your family " should" stand with you & they will. At mid 20 's you can figure whats best for you. Maybe getting it off your chest here helps vent.
Thank you for the prayers! And yes I did just need to get it out there. Wish I hadn't tho.:/
victim

Fairfax, VA

#90 Feb 12, 2013
Hopeless I sent you my private email to talk to me... did you receive it?
Somebody

United States

#91 Feb 12, 2013
She is NOT a victim. She's a LIAR!
Hopeless

Rolla, MO

#92 Feb 12, 2013
victim wrote:
Hopeless I sent you my private email to talk to me... did you receive it?
Yes I got your e-mail and tried to e-mail you but it came back saying it failed.:(
soooo

United States

#93 Feb 12, 2013
If your family knows the truth, why do they act like nothing happened? Sounds like you have a crappy family.
idk

Rolla, MO

#94 Feb 12, 2013
So basically u have a piece of shit brother his brothers a rapist and a mom and dad that don't give a shit? Sounds pretty dysfunctional to me? Do they know u feel that way? I hope you get the help u need whatever it may be. Good luck.
dang

United States

#96 Feb 13, 2013
Im sorry you have a worthless family/:
Never

Lilburn, GA

#97 Feb 13, 2013
dont listen to that shit, listen to the good advice, please, turn this guy in, you may find comfort knowing your stopping this from happening to another innocent child, im sorry this happened and that your receiving no support from your family, i am in disbelief, i support you and this is NOT ANYWAY your fault and you shouldnt be considering ANYBODY elses feelings other than your own, YOU are the victim here, prayers for you.
Hopeless wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just stupid! Attention is the opposite of what I want to draw to myself right now!
Never

Lilburn, GA

#98 Feb 13, 2013
the way you keep responding to these ridiculous posts which are quite obviously just kids who are trying to get a rise out of you really makes me wonder, but im not going to say anything other than if your really telling the truth you have some REALLY GREAT advice from Luke and a couple others, why dont you focus on those posts and stop entertaining these kids, again, good luck to you, and prayers.
Hopeless wrote:
I didn't put anyone's name on here so it's not like I'm putting anyone on blast, nor am I getting sympathy (obviously). You all are so wrong and don't understand what you're talking about. People like you are the reason that people who are raped are afraid to tell anyone!
Never

Lilburn, GA

#99 Feb 13, 2013
yea, thats what im thinking, this girl hasnt hardly said anything to the good advice that was posted earier other than a quick thankyou, yet she responded to every last post from ppl doubting her story, answering every last question, i feel like a real rape victim wouldnt really be able to even register any comments saying that it didnt happen, you wouldnt even care about that shit if true advice is what you were really seeking, im not saying i dont believe her, at first i believed her one hundred percent, there was no reason not too, but now im not sure, i hope she is lying, if she IS telling the truth its terrible, and even more terrible that she failed to soak up the good advice and instead only paid attention to the negative, really do hope she is lying.
She Loves Attention wrote:
Why does Hopeless keep responding after she continually says she is through talking about the alleged rapes? I suspect she's still trying to convince everyone (including herself) she was raped. Let this lie die already, Hopeless. Everyone has figured out you're just another attention-hungry leg-spreader looking for a chance to play the role of victim.
Hopeless

Rolla, MO

#100 Feb 13, 2013
I ignored most of the negative posts, had positive conversations with the nice people and answered questions. I definitely took in all the good advice I got. And even put one of them in effect. Thank you for the nice comment in the beginning.
dang

United States

#101 Feb 13, 2013
Sorry your family is pieces of shit girl.
hmmmm

Rolla, MO

#102 Feb 13, 2013
Its funny she replied to the negative feedback about het being a victim, but not the negative feedback about her family. Hmmmm. What does this sound like? Sounds to me like all she wanted in the first place was attention. Just saying.
Hopeless

Rolla, MO

#103 Feb 14, 2013
Or maybe I'm just tired of trying to explain my situation to people who are only out to bash me anyway. I read them all, am thankful and heartfelt by the nice ones and am hurt but try to ignore the bad ones. But I'm pretty much done saying anything else. I feel that what I've told you is all you need to know from now on. Have a great day!
Luke

Jefferson City, MO

#104 Feb 14, 2013
I understand why she (and a majority) focuses on the negative. It is because a person in those types of situations (ie: domestic violence, alcoholism, sexual abuse) are raised in the family dynamics of chaos. So their "normal" may be a family life of discord and that is why they are more at peace, per say. Where as, you may have had a nuclear family, meaning there was harmony and NOT discord. She has dealt with some tremendous pain. For the record, it is very common for family members to turn a blind eye when the abuse occurs from within the family.

So in order for herto feel "normal", she needs the chaos and can receive it right here. It is a very vicious cycle. If she's with a partner who has the harmonious family life, their life is tornadic. Life CAN change when she chooses to take the contol. In time, and with appropriate avenues, she will find the happiness her heart lingers for.

For the smart mouths who might ask, yes I am licensed.

Hopeless, the post needs to end here. Best wishes to you.

Luke
Hopeless

Rolla, MO

#105 Feb 14, 2013
Luke wrote:
I understand why she (and a majority) focuses on the negative. It is because a person in those types of situations (ie: domestic violence, alcoholism, sexual abuse) are raised in the family dynamics of chaos. So their "normal" may be a family life of discord and that is why they are more at peace, per say. Where as, you may have had a nuclear family, meaning there was harmony and NOT discord. She has dealt with some tremendous pain. For the record, it is very common for family members to turn a blind eye when the abuse occurs from within the family.

So in order for herto feel "normal", she needs the chaos and can receive it right here. It is a very vicious cycle. If she's with a partner who has the harmonious family life, their life is tornadic. Life CAN change when she chooses to take the contol. In time, and with appropriate avenues, she will find the happiness her heart lingers for.

For the smart mouths who might ask, yes I am licensed.

Hopeless, the post needs to end here. Best wishes to you.

Luke
Luke, may I ask what you're licensed in? Or can I contact you personally? If not, I understand.
Luke

Jefferson City, MO

#106 Feb 14, 2013
Law and medical practice (forensic). You are most certainly welcome to contact me at [email protected]

Take care,
Luke
Luke

Jefferson City, MO

#107 Feb 14, 2013
An absolutely awesome website for any that should need any assistance, please see www.aftersilence.org

I won't be responding to any more posts, since I previously included my email.

Best wishes to all.
Rapist should be tortured

Odessa, MO

#110 Feb 26, 2013
Hopeless, turn them into the police immediately. Justice should be served! Also, all those negative comments on here are obviously from your family members because they are getting so hostile and defensive. Turn his ass in and all the adults that allowed it to happen. Then wash your hands of it. In the end you will be justified! Just make sure you turn them in. They deserve to be imprisoned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aj williams (Dec '11) 52 min roofing legend 24
kylie noakes 56 min Someone she stole... 3
Erica Georges (Oct '16) 1 hr scert 8
Gofundme for Ashley Brandt DUI 13 hr Tammyjo 22
Kelly Kean 22 hr Xyz 1
I love you guys Sun Some love 2
michelle lautebaugh Sun Rolla4now 27

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance