Post Office has failed
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#42 Feb 12, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
We are already paying $10 because someone is going to have to pay that debt. I'd rather pay my debts today rather than hide my debts like the Post Office used to do.
no substance

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#43 Feb 12, 2013
floodbart wrote:
<quoted text>no substance
Substance
Killa the Constipated

Rolla, MO

#44 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
We are already paying $10 because someone is going to have to pay that debt. I'd rather pay my debts today rather than hide my debts like the Post Office used to do.
So the post office is responsible for the national debt? You don't care if the mail runs as long as the pizza delivery car does.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#45 Feb 12, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
<quoted text>So the post office is responsible for the national debt? You don't care if the mail runs as long as the pizza delivery car does.
I don't recall anyone making that claim.
shut it killa

Rolla, MO

#46 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Where does this $10 come from?
Pay what debt?
You don't know?

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#47 Feb 12, 2013
shut it killa wrote:
<quoted text>Where does this $10 come from?
Pay what debt?
You don't know?
Where did the $3 come from? The Post Office's credit line with the Fed. I know all.
shut it killa

Rolla, MO

#48 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Where did the $3 come from? The Post Office's credit line with the Fed. I know all.
You obviously don't know the difference between the Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank.
bigbutt

Warrensburg, MO

#49 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
3 dollars comes from the usps being private. Prices would increase to outrageous amounts
who needs killa

Rolla, MO

#50 Feb 12, 2013
This entire post office story is a non-issue blown out of proportion by the GOP and the writers in the Fox and other right-wing organizations. They have overstated the urgency and the danger in order to enflame the ignorant teabaggers who watch their media and then repeat these misleading messages.

The big money behind Fox and Rush wants the post office and social security to be privatized so their cronies on Wall Street can become even more rich. Teabaggers like killa are charmed by the style of the Fox message so they don't question the substance of the lies they repeat.

All killa knows is that Fox makes him feel like he is better than blacks and poor people. And since Fox has won him over, he will repeat their philosophies for destroying the middle class, even though the policies he espouses are not in the best interest of himself or the majority of Americans.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#51 Feb 12, 2013
shut it killa wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously don't know the difference between the Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank.
Where do you think the Treasury gets its money?

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#52 Feb 12, 2013
bigbutt wrote:
<quoted text>3 dollars comes from the usps being private. Prices would increase to outrageous amounts
Based on what? Have you been running the numbers?

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#53 Feb 12, 2013
who needs killa wrote:
This entire post office story is a non-issue blown out of proportion by the GOP and the writers in the Fox and other right-wing organizations. They have overstated the urgency and the danger in order to enflame the ignorant teabaggers who watch their media and then repeat these misleading messages.

The big money behind Fox and Rush wants the post office and social security to be privatized so their cronies on Wall Street can become even more rich. Teabaggers like killa are charmed by the style of the Fox message so they don't question the substance of the lies they repeat.

All killa knows is that Fox makes him feel like he is better than blacks and poor people. And since Fox has won him over, he will repeat their philosophies for destroying the middle class, even though the policies he espouses are not in the best interest of himself or the majority of Americans.
The issue is in black and white. First post. BILLIONS!!! We are going bankrupt, and you are too stupid to see what's in front of your face. EZ cuts.
gun nutz

Rolla, MO

#54 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
The issue is in black and white. First post. BILLIONS!!! We are going bankrupt, and you are too stupid to see what's in front of your face. EZ cuts.
Nope. The issue is misrepresented in the GOP press and you just repeat their lies. And you know very little about the things on which you are so outspoken. This is just one example.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#55 Feb 12, 2013
gun nutz wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. The issue is misrepresented in the GOP press and you just repeat their lies. And you know very little about the things on which you are so outspoken. This is just one example.
No substance.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#56 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
No substance.
That would be you.
yammerstein

Rolla, MO

#57 Mar 23, 2013
To say that Congress has shirked its duty in recent years would be an understatement of colossal proportions. The Republican-controlled House and Senate, working with former President George W. Bush, manufactured a crisis for the postal service in 2006, when they required the USPS to prefund its future healthcare benefit payments to retirees for the next seventy-five years. Thatís something no major corporation could or would do, as it required the service to divert more than $5 billion annually to prepay the health benefits of retirees who have not yet been hired.

The absurdity of the circumstance created by those requirements, as well as the absurdity of the restrictions that remain on the ability of the USPS to compete, must be addressed by Congress.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#58 Mar 23, 2013
There is nothing absurd about it. The idea of after-employment benefits being funded as they are incurred is a good idea all around. I don't know where you get your 75 years from, but the PO has $46 billion in accrued, unfunded liabilities it now has to play catch-up on because they didn't account for these future benefits. Thank god the Republicans made them begin to catch-up before that time bomb turned into many billions more. The PO is finally getting on top of their time bomb. And they still may not succeed.

You libs complain when a company goes belly-up and the employees get screwed out of pensions, etc.(and rightfully so). But then when it comes to the PO, it's suddenly no problem because it's a government agency. The little guy always gets screwed when a lib is deciding between him and the government.
yup

Rolla, MO

#59 Mar 23, 2013
There is nothing absurd about it. The idea of after-employment benefits being funded as they are incurred is a good idea all around. I don't know where you get your 75 years from, but the PO has $46 billion in accrued, unfunded liabilities it now has to play catch-up on because they didn't account for these future benefits. Thank god the Republicans made them begin to catch-up before that time bomb turned into many billions more. The PO is finally getting on top of their time bomb. And they still may not succeed.
You libs complain when a company goes belly-up and the employees get screwed out of pensions, etc.(and rightfully so). But then when it comes to the PO, it's suddenly no problem because it's a government agency. The little guy always gets screwed when a lib is deciding between him and the government.
Your numbers are jacked and you are all wet on this one.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#60 Mar 23, 2013
yup wrote:
<quoted text>Your numbers are jacked and you are all wet on this one.
No substance
Duke

Rolla, MO

#61 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
No substance
He is right. You have nothing here. Just Teabag rhetoric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most gangster mf in Rolla. is.... 5 hr Old g 36
Mollie Moore Reeves 6 hr Jadaboo 13
I just got out of the navy seals 6 hr SemperFi 7
PSA Theif Stephanie Ross 6 hr TooGoodToSayNo 3
Jbird carmack 6 hr IveDisownedTheCar... 7
blue eyes monkey tattoo shop in st.roberts (Jan '13) 6 hr WillNCatAintCool 20
Who sold Bobby is last hit? 6 hr MyMoneyNoMore 18

Rolla Jobs

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages