Democrat's embarrasing racist history.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#125 Feb 19, 2013
Duke wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't double revenue, he doubled the debt of every president before him. killa, you so dumb.
I even remember this one off the top of my head...$500 billion to $1 trillion in revenue. Learn it, Love it, Live it.
LOL

Jefferson City, MO

#126 Feb 19, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
I even remember this one off the top of my head...$500 billion to $1 trillion in revenue. Learn it, Love it, Live it.
Don't let facts stand in your way.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#127 Feb 19, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let facts stand in your way.
Don't let research stand in yours.
LOL

Warrensburg, MO

#128 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't let research stand in yours.
Fact will show you are wrong.
mo betta

Rolla, MO

#129 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Hoggy warsh. You talkin out yore backside, per the usual.

All you have are lies, killa. Lies.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#130 Feb 19, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Fact will show you are wrong.
You wouldn't know without the research.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#131 Feb 19, 2013
mo betta wrote:
<quoted text>Hoggy warsh. You talkin out yore backside, per the usual.

All you have are lies, killa. Lies.
No substance.
LOL

Jefferson City, MO

#132 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know without the research.
Repeat it enough and you might start to believe it.
Hood Rat

Rolla, MO

#133 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No substance.
Correct. killa has no substance.
shut it killa

Rolla, MO

#134 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Dems controlled the House where spending bills originate the entire time. During his 8 years, Reagan doubled revenues to the treasury because of the tax cuts he ran on and the huge economic expansion that followed.
You can't rewrite history while I'm here. You should know better by now.
If the first day you became concerned about the national debt was January 20, 2009.....You are a Teabagger.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#135 Feb 19, 2013
The Reagan recovery started in official records in November 1982, and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990, when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it. This set a new record for the longest peacetime expansion ever, the previous high in peacetime being 58 months.

During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

The shocking rise in inflation during the Nixon and Carter years was reversed. Astoundingly, inflation from 1980 was reduced by more than half by 1982, to 6.2%. It was cut in half again for 1983, to 3.2%, never to be heard from again until recently. The contractionary, tight-money policies needed to kill this inflation inexorably created the steep recession of 1981 to 1982, which is why Reagan did not suffer politically catastrophic blame for that recession.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, meaning the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, a larger increase than in any previous decade.

In The End of Prosperity, supply side guru Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal chief financial writer Steve Moore point out that this Reagan recovery grew into a 25-year boom, with just slight interruptions by shallow, short recessions in 1990 and 2001. They wrote:

We call this period, 1982-2007, the twenty-five year boom–the greatest period of wealth creation in the history of the planet. In 1980, the net worth–assets minus liabilities–of all U.S. households and business … was $25 trillion in today’s dollars. By 2007,… net worth was just shy of $57 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, more wealth was created in America in the twenty-five year boom than in the previous two hundred years.
shut it killa

Rolla, MO

#136 Feb 19, 2013
Despite Reagan claiming to lower the debt during his campaign, by the time he left office after the 1988 elections, the national debt has nearly tripled to $2.6 trillion dollars. While spending is expected and needed following a recession or depression, it's not expected when the candidate runs on cutting spending. In the eight years that he was in the White House, Ronald Reagan more than doubled the national debt that every single president before him had accumulated in the previous 200 years.

You teabaggers need to get a grip on what your heroes really did to ruin this country for the middle class.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#137 Feb 19, 2013
shut it killa wrote:
<quoted text>If the first day you became concerned about the national debt was January 20, 2009.....You are a Teabagger.
I was complaining under GWB as well. So you can imagine how appalled I was when I saw what Obama did to the debt.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#138 Feb 19, 2013
hurts donit wrote:
The Reagan recovery started in official records in November 1982, and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990, when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it. This set a new record for the longest peacetime expansion ever, the previous high in peacetime being 58 months.

During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

The shocking rise in inflation during the Nixon and Carter years was reversed. Astoundingly, inflation from 1980 was reduced by more than half by 1982, to 6.2%. It was cut in half again for 1983, to 3.2%, never to be heard from again until recently. The contractionary, tight-money policies needed to kill this inflation inexorably created the steep recession of 1981 to 1982, which is why Reagan did not suffer politically catastrophic blame for that recession.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, meaning the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, a larger increase than in any previous decade.

In The End of Prosperity, supply side guru Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal chief financial writer Steve Moore point out that this Reagan recovery grew into a 25-year boom, with just slight interruptions by shallow, short recessions in 1990 and 2001. They wrote:

We call this period, 1982-2007, the twenty-five year boom–the greatest period of wealth creation in the history of the planet. In 1980, the net worth–assets minus liabilities–of all U.S. households and business … was $25 trillion in today’s dollars. By 2007,… net worth was just shy of $57 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, more wealth was created in America in the twenty-five year boom than in the previous two hundred years.
Very well written. These are the facts that keep liberals up at night. Reagan was conservatism defined. He was the beacon for the shining city upon a hill. Follow the light and we shall be saved!
shut it killa

Rolla, MO

#139 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I was complaining under GWB as well. So you can imagine how appalled I was when I saw what Obama did to the debt.
Obama had to finish two unfunded wars GWB left him with and it cost a bunch of money. Get over it, girlfriend.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#140 Feb 19, 2013
shut it killa wrote:
<quoted text>Obama had to finish two unfunded wars GWB left him with and it cost a bunch of money. Get over it, girlfriend.
Peanuts
shut it killa

Rolla, MO

#141 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Peanuts
but it is inough to make you whine non-stop

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#142 Feb 19, 2013
shut it killa wrote:
<quoted text>but it is inough to make you whine non-stop
Freedom isn't free. Welfare is.
Freedom

Rolla, MO

#143 Feb 19, 2013
When George W. Bush came into office, the top tax rate for the most wealthy Americans was only 39.6% and due to the Bush tax cuts, the top tax rate was dropped to 35%. By dropping the top tax rate, massive revenue that was needed to fund the government was no longer coming in. The Bush administration had claimed, following the Reagan model, that the tax cuts would pay for themselves by generating enough additional revenue from added economic growth to offset the tax rates being lowered. The theory is known as supply side economics, or Reaganomics, where if you give the wealthy tax breaks, they will turn their added income into jobs. The problem the "trickle down" theory is that those receiving tax breaks aren't creating American jobs. Those that do create jobs, use the loopholes in free trade and the free market system and ship jobs overseas to other countries.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#144 Feb 19, 2013
Freedom wrote:
When George W. Bush came into office, the top tax rate for the most wealthy Americans was only 39.6% and due to the Bush tax cuts, the top tax rate was dropped to 35%. By dropping the top tax rate, massive revenue that was needed to fund the government was no longer coming in. The Bush administration had claimed, following the Reagan model, that the tax cuts would pay for themselves by generating enough additional revenue from added economic growth to offset the tax rates being lowered. The theory is known as supply side economics, or Reaganomics, where if you give the wealthy tax breaks, they will turn their added income into jobs. The problem the "trickle down" theory is that those receiving tax breaks aren't creating American jobs. Those that do create jobs, use the loopholes in free trade and the free market system and ship jobs overseas to other countries.
Do you lefties even take the time to look at revenues to the government before making such a stupid statement?

Before Bush tax cut, revenues were around 1.7, 1.8 trillion per year. Afterwards it went up to 2.4 trillion. I don't even have to look it up to know. I just know because I don't want to look stupid when I post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Melissa Perkins ever bury Jonathan??? 15 min Bones 82
religious upbringing 1 hr Mary Kay 2
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 3 hr Morgan freeman 493
Rolla Court House 6 hr Beentheredonethat... 9
Lying fakes 6 hr Beentheredonethat... 3
Where is Tara Lewis? 8 hr joey 4
name the snitches 8 hr joey 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages