68% believe cutting govt spending will help economy.

Posted in the Rolla Forum

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Why is Obama the only idiot that doesn't get that? Socialism fails every time it is tried. And apparently, the American people know it!
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#2 Feb 8, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Why is Obama the only idiot that doesn't get that? Socialism fails every time it is tried. And apparently, the American people know it!
Name one instance where austerity measures have helped an economy.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#3 Feb 8, 2013
floodbart wrote:
<quoted text>Name one instance where austerity measures have helped an economy.
You are confusing government austerity and private sector austerity. Government austerity is always good. It can have some short term negative effects as spending stops instantly and lower taxation takes time. But lower taxation always wins out in long-term prosperity.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Government austerity certainly pulled us out of the great depression. Calvin and Herbert, first names of two great presidents that everyone will immediately recognize for their great austerity economy boosting programs.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
Government austerity certainly pulled us out of the great depression. Calvin and Herbert, first names of two great presidents that everyone will immediately recognize for their great austerity economy boosting programs.
No it didn't. Unemployment remained about 14% during all of Roosevelt's term. He proved the failure of government spending. Obama forgot to learn that lesson as have you. And hence...

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#6 Feb 8, 2013
That may actually be 16-18%, but I'm giving Roosevelt the benefit of the doubt since it's off the top of my head.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
Government austerity certainly pulled us out of the great depression. Calvin and Herbert, first names of two great presidents that everyone will immediately recognize for their great austerity economy boosting programs.
Haha, killa got trolled by this.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#8 Feb 9, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
That may actually be 16-18%, but I'm giving Roosevelt the benefit of the doubt since it's off the top of my head.
Hey genius, if employment was at 18%, why did we need women and elderly to work in manufacturing during Roosevelt's second term?

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#9 Feb 9, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
<quoted text>Hey genius, if employment was at 18%, why did we need women and elderly to work in manufacturing during Roosevelt's second term?
Employment was closer to 82%.
Wrathmaker

United States

#10 Feb 9, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genius, if employment was at 18%, why did we need women and elderly to work in manufacturing during Roosevelt's second term?
Hey moron, he clearly said "unemployment." Proofread your statement before you post it.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#12 Feb 9, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
Employment was closer to 82%.
100 - 82 = 18

pay attention, Whiz Kid

and we don't mean Math-Whiz, for you it would be pants-whiz

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#13 Feb 9, 2013
It's like a stupidity Congo Line.

Here is what he wrote... "employment was at 18%". Employment was not at 18%. It was at 82%. Even Roosevelt wasn't that bad.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#14 Feb 9, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
It's like a stupidity Congo Line.
Here is what he wrote... "employment was at 18%". Employment was not at 18%. It was at 82%. Even Roosevelt wasn't that bad.
Now you are arguing with your own words. Doooooofus = you.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#16 Feb 10, 2013
Bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
My question to you floodbart is, how old are you? Do you contribute to society or wait, do you pay taxes? Every post you are trying your best to make a mockery of a thread when some on here are trying to have a discussion about life topics. I personally think that you are still in school, not S&T either. Contribute something to the discussion or take your ass somewhere that enjoys your gayness. But thats just me.
I may not agree with alot of people on here, but i still like to hear their opinion on what the thread is about. Yes they are wrong 99% of the time, but they are on topic.
Your posts are perfect examples of the things you criticize.
You present no facts and you make personal criticisms, all off-topic.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#17 Feb 10, 2013
floodbart wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts are perfect examples of the things you criticize.
You present no facts and you make personal criticisms, all off-topic.
No substance.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#18 Feb 10, 2013
The gist was that unemployment was so low or employment so high that women were widely introduced to the workforce under FDR. You trid to dodge this using the legal trick "if the facts don't support you argue the law, or in this case a misconstrued term. Government spending ended the depression. The New Deal boosted employment and the second world war brought full employment. Both resulted in government spending and debt. Both were instrumental in creating a middle class. When things slowed after the war IKE started the interstate highway system to spur things along.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#19 Feb 10, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
No substance.
My question to you killa is, how old are you? Do you contribute to society or wait, do you pay taxes? Every post you are trying your best to make a mockery of a thread when some on here are trying to have a discussion about life topics. I personally think that you are still in school, not S&T either. Contribute something to the discussion or take your ass somewhere that enjoys your gayness. But thats just me.

I may not agree with alot of people on here, but i still like to hear their opinion on what the thread is about. Yes they are wrong 99% of the time, but they are on topic.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#20 Feb 10, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
The gist was that unemployment was so low or employment so high that women were widely introduced to the workforce under FDR. You trid to dodge this using the legal trick "if the facts don't support you argue the law, or in this case a misconstrued term. Government spending ended the depression. The New Deal boosted employment and the second world war brought full employment. Both resulted in government spending and debt. Both were instrumental in creating a middle class. When things slowed after the war IKE started the interstate highway system to spur things along.
All you had to do was say you were wrong or mistaken. Took long enough.

Men were overseas fighting a war. We needed all the help we could get. That was how women contributed to the war effort. I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove, but Roosevelt's failed policies that led to a decade of poverty and WWII were clearly two very distinct events. Perhaps you are trying create link by letting WWII rescue Roosevelt, but no one believes that.
floodbart

Rolla, MO

#21 Feb 10, 2013
Roosevelt's spending proves your theory wrong. You need to back up your original claim or move on to another topic, Mr. Mistaken.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#22 Feb 10, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
All you had to do was say you were wrong or mistaken. Took long enough.
Men were overseas fighting a war. We needed all the help we could get. That was how women contributed to the war effort. I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove, but Roosevelt's failed policies that led to a decade of poverty and WWII were clearly two very distinct events. Perhaps you are trying create link by letting W
WII rescue Roosevelt, but no one believes that.
How are poverty caused by the worldwide depression and world war II two very distinct events? Are you saying they were not connected? Be very careful with your answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rollas new motto 1 hr mls 25
witch doctor in rolla 2 hr John Brown 9
Drive thru hotties 3 hr mls 37
Nancy went to prison 3 hr mls 7
tayemuh pankey 3 hr cuz 3
pizza inn (Apr '13) 7 hr Thunder Stick 13
Chad vankirk who is he 9 hr omg 14
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Wed FNG 290
Rolla Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?