New Japanese Hibachi Restaurant
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dude

Jefferson City, MO

#22 Jul 1, 2011
rolla man wrote:
died cats and dogs I wouldnt eat that shit if they payed me to eat it the smell makes me SICK that nasty stuff
Are you talking about Micky Dees?
Shooby

Rolla, MO

#23 Jul 10, 2011
I haven't eaten there yet.

I've read enough about the food -- The real question is, what does the wait-staff look like? There's a fiiine looking waitress at Mandarin Garden, and another very pretty one at Kyoto. There used to be one at Fortune Palace as well, but I haven't seen her in a long time.

Anyway, it seems like these east Asian restaurants are a good place to see women who are not rednecks and weigh under 160 pounds.
Shooby

Rolla, MO

#24 Jul 10, 2011
Darn it, I meant that there used to be one at Great Wall Buffet. I've never been to Fortune Palace.
pissed off

Belton, MO

#25 Jul 10, 2011
@Shooby it must make you feel real good about your self to make fun of people who weigh a lot. I guess making fun of fat people is the last acceptable form of bullying. I pray you never have a health problem that makes you bed ridden, and unable to get up and exercise. Or have to take medication that make you gain weight. Asshole.
Mike Johnson

Chicago, IL

#26 Jul 10, 2011
How did Shooby make fun of anyone? All he said was "weigh under 160 lbs". He could have said "no fatties allowed" or "Obese people are immoral" but he didn't. Chill out.
Shooby

Rolla, MO

#27 Jul 15, 2011
Certainly those are undesirable conditions to be in.

Still, out of all the millions of overweight people in the United States today (30-40%), I can't imagine that very many of them actually have those kinds of conditions. Saying 1 in 10 is still a huge stretch. 1 in 20 maybe.

Finally, and I don't want to sound callous, but it does come down to effort and determination. I mean, even if you are bed ridden you can still exercise, believe it or not.

Did you ever see those shows about people who weigh like 700+ and can't get out of bed? One of the ways that they lose weight is by exercising their arms. I guess if you have a heart condition, are paralyzed, have a severely limited range of motion or have lupus or something then you really are not able to exercise.

“All For One and One For All”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#28 Jul 16, 2011
Like most American's, sushi is believed to be raw fish. We tend to confuse Sushi with Sashimi. Most of the posts above are accurate in describing Sushi, and, if American's knew the difference they would probably not have the aversion to Sushi. Sashimi, on the other hand, it what most American's confuse for Sushi. Sashimi is raw fish, period. It was served to the Samurai before battle as it was believed to impart special powers needed to be a successful warrior.

As far as that Hillbilly and his dog's, they too are served in the Asian culture, especially Korean. They were only served to men and believed to increase the chance of having a strong family.

Both cases, you can say yuck, sick, or I don't like it, but how do you really know until you try it?
Shooby

Rolla, MO

#29 Jul 22, 2011
Well, I ate there for lunch this afternoon. It was totally dead. I was the only customer, though a couple was leaving as I arrived.

It is a small restaurant, but the atmosphere is very nice and polished. They had several small tables, along with a big area in the center where I presume the 'cooking show' which others have mentioned would take place. There was a bar which didn't open until 5pm as well.

Also, my controversial post earlier in this thread was right on -- My waitress was an attractive Japanese woman in her mid/late twenties with a slender figure and a pretty smile. I decided to tip her very nicely.

The food was good too, and a nice value at just under eight dollars. For what I got, I would have expected to pay maybe 10 or 11. The menu has a ton of things on it, some of which do get into the higher range, around 18-20 dollars.

I would say that this is probably the nicest restaurant I have been to in Rolla. Unfortunately, I doubt it will last -- It is almost 'too nice' for a town like this and doesn't really have a market.

But, if you want good food and service at a good value with hot waitresses, give it a try.
Sam

Warrensburg, MO

#30 Aug 2, 2011
I just bought a new Korean Cookbook, "100 Ways to Wok Your Dog"

Tee, hee.

I ate yesterday at KOI in Rolla. Got the luncheon hibachi - the food was excellent and our chef was an absolute hoot! He was really talented with his spatula and egg juggling, his neat karate sounds as he was chopping and dicing. And, for those who wanted, he flipped hunks of food toward your mouth to see if you could catch it - and he could hit a mouth 6 feet away with a sake squirt bottle. Our ladies group had more fun; I'm going back tomorrow and taking the family. I am going to request the same chef, don't know his name but he's the tall thin one. And the price, the luncheon chicken hibachi was $8.62 which included tax(I drank water.) I did leave a $6 tip and it was well worth it.

I want to call for lunch reservations for tomorrow so I can request the same chef, but darn- I can't find the phone number for KOI, if you know it please post it.
James

Rolla, MO

#31 Aug 3, 2011
Billy Bob wrote:
you'll get worms if you eat that crap.
You get worms from rice and grilled shrimp or steak? How so?
your rolla momma

Waynesville, MO

#32 Aug 3, 2011
He got worms from his momma's cooking...
In fact his momma's such a bad cook, she takes all day to make Minute Rice!
Frequent Eater Outer

Centerview, MO

#33 Aug 12, 2011
Fabulous! See topic of KOI HIBACHI RESTAURANT
zofmui

Rolla, MO

#34 Aug 14, 2011
Sea bass was good at the sushi bar. Unfortunately, the people running the place aren't Japanese, they are Chinese. Even the sushi chefs. Oh well.
Tim

Steelville, MO

#35 Feb 24, 2012
Went twice,Fantastic!
Whatever

Oak Grove, MO

#36 Feb 24, 2012
Not even close to being as good as Nakatos!!!!!
goodwilljobhunti ng

Belton, MO

#37 Feb 25, 2012
Kyoto's is still the best in my opinion.
Andrea

Clarksville, TN

#38 Feb 25, 2012
BEST RESTRARUNT IN TOWN!!
foot long

Warrensburg, MO

#39 Feb 25, 2012
Best eatery is Subways-eat fresh!
Lovinlife

Rolla, MO

#40 Feb 26, 2012
Expensive but good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shantelle (Shelly) Porter Libhart Edgar Springs... (Oct '14) 25 min bob n kay porter 10
Rep. Jason Smith 1 hr Killa 5
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 4 hr sirbob 603
Mark Griffin 10 hr Your momma 3
Kendra Wilson (Jun '16) 22 hr Tina 29
robert aufner Fri wondering 2
Nikki (nichole) Williams Fri futuristic 1

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages