Do you love an addict?

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Families United

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Overdoes. Jail. Death. Those are just three of the fears that cross the minds of the loved ones of a drug addict. A small group of women in Rolla are joining forces to create a group dedicated to these families, friends, significant others, children, etc. who face those fears and more every day.

What we wish: that the drug problem in our area disappears.

What we know: that our wish is unlikely. But it doesn't mean any one of you must suffer in silence or in shame.

Addiction is a disease. A disease which- left untreated- destroys lives, destroys families, and kills.

Please send me an email telling me your story. Ass soon as we can see how much interest there is for "us", we will come together as one.

Your information will be kept confidential.

families.united65401@gmail.com

Even if the community sees no need for a group, we can still be there for eachother
Scott

Rolla, MO

#2 Mar 25, 2013
There are several groups like this already,I am a addict,a sex addict maybe we could come togather and work has one.
Families United

United States

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Email me Scott. I don't mean on Facebook or religion based. This will be people being able to discuss real subjects and forming a support base. We are considering "buddy system" support. We will see how things progress. Either way, good luck to you, Scott. Hope to hear from you.

Since: Mar 13

United States

#4 Mar 26, 2013
I just "got it" that Scott may be joking. Lol
interested

United States

#5 Mar 26, 2013
Families United wrote:
Overdoes. Jail. Death. Those are just three of the fears that cross the minds of the loved ones of a drug addict. A small group of women in Rolla are joining forces to create a group dedicated to these families, friends, significant others, children, etc. who face those fears and more every day.

What we know: that our wish is unlikely. But it doesn't mean any one of you must suffer in silence or in shame.

Addiction is a disease. A disease which- left untreated- destroys lives, destroys families, and kills.

Please send me an email telling me your story. Ass soon as we can see how much interest there is for "us", we will come together as one.

Even if the community sees no need for a group, we can still be there for eachother
How do we know if this is real or just a joke?
Scott

Rolla, MO

#6 Mar 26, 2013
Its hard to do something along,i have always liked the buddy system,you said "we"how many people are you talking about?I don't do really well in big groups I just don't last that long.
Scott

Rolla, MO

#7 Mar 26, 2013
FamiliesUnited wrote:
I just "got it" that Scott may be joking. Lol
Its not funny,i have 6 kids and have lost 4 jobs over it.I need help
tonya

Rolla, MO

#8 Mar 26, 2013
im a addicted but im doing something about my addiction im going to a treatment center in st. roberts im doing very good im in college been out of prison for over a year now it is hard o be a addicted it is a lifelong process. my husband is a addicted too and he is doing good also if you are a addicted you really want to stay clean i wasnt ready until i finally grown p 34 years im finally doing something about it
Julie

Odessa, MO

#9 Mar 26, 2013
tonya wrote:
im a addicted but im doing something about my addiction im going to a treatment center in st. roberts im doing very good im in college been out of prison for over a year now it is hard o be a addicted it is a lifelong process. my husband is a addicted too and he is doing good also if you are a addicted you really want to stay clean i wasnt ready until i finally grown p 34 years im finally doing something about it
Congrats on being sober and finding help for yourself!!!!
Maybe try to spend a lot of time in English/Writing classes in college :) Good luck to you!
shorty

Clinton, MO

#10 Mar 26, 2013
Families United wrote:
I would suggest naming the group Codependency for Codependent or Enablers Anonymous.
honestly

Bellevue, WA

#11 Mar 26, 2013
I am wanting to go to school to become an addiction counselor actually, but I no longer live in Rolla, but this topic is of serious interest to me, because I was once a addict myself. is there any way I can help without being in Rolla? Im here for support definitely!! No one can face addiction alone an they shouldnt have to!
Families United

United States

#12 Mar 26, 2013
So far- 3 women. All three of us have had heroin enter our lives uninvited. We think a mix of people might help US understand from the addicts POV and let addicts see the remnants of families who are hell bent on making their families whole again
Trying again

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Mar 26, 2013
tonya wrote:
What college do you attend? What are you studying. It is soooo hard to get into school and succeed when you are an addict. Please tell me the school and your major so I might follow in your brave footsteps.
michelle

United States

#14 Mar 27, 2013
There is some groups on fb heroin awareness and several others
ocassional observer

United States

#15 Mar 27, 2013
I'm interested. I'll email later.
michelle

United States

#16 Mar 27, 2013
I know several sites there some good groups that help family members and addicts if they want it
michelle

United States

#17 Mar 27, 2013
ocassional observer wrote:
I'm interested. I'll email later.
I can add you to the groups if you want
ocassional observer

United States

#18 Mar 27, 2013
michelle wrote:
<quoted text>I can add you to the groups if you want
That would be good.
michelle

United States

#19 Mar 27, 2013
I need to know who you are. Lol
michelle

United States

#20 Mar 27, 2013
Need me a friend request in fb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rolla public library 21 min Troll Alert 10
liz barnes 1 hr lol 8
Steve stagner St Pats shooter/ Britney fann 4 hr The man 2
Kyle Sonderegger and Talon Cochran 4 hr Are you stupid 2
dave cox 5 hr MrCox 28
Rolla school ballot issues 7 hr agree 11
News Infant rescued from burning vehicle 9 hr Sad Situation 33
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Mar 24 Devo 307
Rolla Dating
Find my Match