Old phelps county murder case for a r...

Old phelps county murder case for a report at school

Posted in the Rolla Forum

You kidding me

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Does anyone remember any details or witnesses about a man named John David Brown?

My dad said it was too long ago to remember. And I won't use my real name because you guys cn be so mean to people.
Controlled Mayhem

United States

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Talk with someone from kentuck baptist church where the murder took place. Brown was at large for weeks and was thought to be hiding out in the woods around phelps county. Roadblocks were set up all around the county and people would be stopped snd asked to pop their trunks open to be inspected by rifle toting police and deputies. It was a time of fear and worry. The police finally put a strip of yellow tape on the seam around the trunk of the car so that uf the tape was unbroken they didnt have to check that particular car. Brown was finally apprehended at a diner in oklahome who spotted him from a wanted poster by an alert waitress. Prrhaps paul smith, mayor of doolittle can remember more details or direct you to someone who remembers more. Also the highway patrol, rolla daily news, and google might be a source of info as well.
Controlled Mayhem

United States

#3 Jan 15, 2013
I just remebered another detail. Low flying heliocopters were all around the area over the woods, checking outbreports that he was spotted. That was partcularly scary at nightbwhen they would use their huge spotlights as they fly. The sound of the chopoers and the light at night....very stressful.
Some people left their homes in isolated areas and stayed with friends or motels in town.
Controlled Mayhem

United States

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Check out google: Troop I history Missouri State Hiway Patrol.... It has the story from 1987 when it happened.
Numbnuts

Rolla, MO

#5 Jan 15, 2013
I remember being in high school and going to a softball game at Newburg. The cops stopped me and searched my car.

You can use the Freedom of Information Act or "Sunshine Law" and request the reports from all involved law enforcement agencies.
Flea

Rolla, MO

#6 Jan 15, 2013
It didn't take place at Kentuck Baptist Church, it was at the Apostalic church in Doolittle right along I-44. A guy getting ready for church services on Saturday night was shot and killed. Rumor has it a sherrif deputy got a little trigger happy and they blamed in on John Brown. John Brown was convicted of it none-the-less.
xbox

Rolla, MO

#7 Jan 15, 2013
When they were looking for him in Rolla, he showed up at the Ted Williams Steakhouse. Somebody recognized him and they chased him south into the woods where he gave them the slip.
Film lover

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Jan 15, 2013
Flea wrote:
It didn't take place at Kentuck Baptist Church, it was at the Apostalic church in Doolittle right along I-44. A guy getting ready for church services on Saturday night was shot and killed. Rumor has it a sherrif deputy got a little trigger happy and they blamed in on John Brown. John Brown was convicted of it none-the-less.
You are rightabout the church.... My memory fades with age... Lol
Tron

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2013
It was the new Apastolic and they never changed the carpet and there's still a large bloodstain!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 15, 2013
I recall when they finally found him Brown confessed to the murder. It sure was a zoo in the Doolittle area for a few weeks
Truth

United States

#11 Jan 16, 2013
He confessed about 5 yrs ago to a murder of a female that he killed and put her body in a pond. I believe that murder was actually in pulaski county. It's always been rumored that he did not kill the guy in Doolittle, even if they say he confessed to it who's to say he wasn't forced or they made it up? Initially he denied that murder, the guy was no threat to him. You can probably find out what prison he is in a write him a letter.
Scott

Rolla, MO

#12 Jan 16, 2013
Oscar X wrote:
I recall when they finally found him Brown confessed to the murder. It sure was a zoo in the Doolittle area for a few weeks
ITS still a zoo in Doolittle
Controlled mayhem

United States

#13 Jan 22, 2013
You kidding me wrote:
Does anyone remember any details or witnesses about a man named John David Brown?
My dad said it was too long ago to remember. And I won't use my real name because you guys cn be so mean to people.
Now that you've gotten all this information from here why not share your report and thank the contributors. Just good manners, eh?
mario

Belton, MO

#14 Jan 22, 2013
You kidding me wrote:
How old are you? Come by the tator patch and I can fill you in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikole Baumgartner's choices 17 min Mr Ed 4
7 day Adventist church 21 min Mr Ed 2
Perc 10s 2 hr Mr Ed 9
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 10 hr Dzzz nuts 523
Best pest control 10 hr Mr Ed 9
Nicole Gooch Hasty and Travis Holt 10 hr Mr Ed 4
greg long 10 hr Sissylover 17

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance