Steve guffey high school principal fired
lulz

Rolla, MO

#41 Oct 17, 2011
wow keeping a monster like that in the school system
oldtimer

Branson, MO

#42 Oct 18, 2011
How could u possibly call Steve Guffey a monster. He admitted what he did, took responsiblity, saiad it would not happen again and was reinstated. Nothing he did was even close to monster like. Everyone is entitled to a mistake or two in their lifetime.

Since: Apr 11

Warrensburg, MO

#43 Oct 18, 2011
Glad he got to stay.
Lady Bug

Escalon, CA

#44 Oct 18, 2011
wolf 2008 wrote:
Well after the school board meeting tonight, which had to be moved to the gym to hold all of Mr. Guffeys supporters, he got to keep his job! I think the school board made a very wise decision keeping him! It was a very intense emotional night for everyone there....
Why did he get laid off in the first place? What were the "accusations?"
Lady Bug

Escalon, CA

#45 Oct 18, 2011
lulz wrote:
wow keeping a monster like that in the school system
Why's he a monster?
noob

Kingsville, MO

#46 Oct 18, 2011
Ok this is getting ridiculous-45 posts, and not one with details on what he allegedly did to cause this fuss! What happened?
??????????
Opinionated

Rolla, MO

#47 Oct 18, 2011
noob wrote:
Ok this is getting ridiculous-45 posts, and not one with details on what he allegedly did to cause this fuss! What happened?
??????????
I agree! What is all this about???
PHD SIU

Bonnots Mill, MO

#48 Oct 18, 2011
ALLEGEDLY(I am saying that for legal purposes), this all started because of 2 incidents, 1. Guffey and the Stoutland principal got in to a heated altercation over a blown call in a basketball game 2. This is just a rumor but, I heard that one of the Newburg basketball coaches is a little bit creepy and comes off like a child-molester so Guffey and some others tried to get him fired. It came back to the coach and he took it to the school board. And that is where it is at today. BUT Guffey gets to keep his job and I am glad. He is a good man and a great educator. PS Stoutland can blow me...as well as the Newburg school board.
Opinionated

Rolla, MO

#49 Oct 18, 2011
So, all this blow is about some heated arguement with Poutland....I mean Stoutland???
Seniors 2012

Columbia, MO

#50 Oct 18, 2011
WIN!
One Who Knows

San Antonio, TX

#51 Oct 18, 2011
The incident that resulted in the leave occurred at a women's basketball game, Stoutland at Newburg. Near the end of the game, Newburg had a large lead and Stoutland had only 4 girls on the court (because of foul trouble). The idiot coach from Newburg slapped a press on! This (understandably) made the Stoutland fans mad. Unfortunately, they began to yell at the Newburg folks, including directing some comments directly at Mr. Guffey. He confronted some of these fans in a way that he admits he should not have done. One of the Newburg Board members chastised Mr. Guffey and their exchange became a bit heated. This then led to the "leave with pay". This was just the latest in what has become a personal vendetta on the part of some people associated with Newburg schools.
Mother of 2

Bonnots Mill, MO

#52 Oct 18, 2011
One Who Knows wrote:
The incident that resulted in the leave occurred at a women's basketball game, Stoutland at Newburg. Near the end of the game, Newburg had a large lead and Stoutland had only 4 girls on the court (because of foul trouble). The idiot coach from Newburg slapped a press on! This (understandably) made the Stoutland fans mad. Unfortunately, they began to yell at the Newburg folks, including directing some comments directly at Mr. Guffey. He confronted some of these fans in a way that he admits he should not have done. One of the Newburg Board members chastised Mr. Guffey and their exchange became a bit heated. This then led to the "leave with pay". This was just the latest in what has become a personal vendetta on the part of some people associated with Newburg schools.
That's it????? Sounds like Stoutland fans and a certain Newburg board member needs to have thicker skin. An argument happened at a sporting event?! UNHEARD OF!!!!! Come on people, grow up.
One Who Knows

San Antonio, TX

#53 Oct 18, 2011
Actually, this was just the incident that certain people were waiting for so as to try and get rid of him. Guffey's biggest mistake was providing the bullets to the people who had the guns trained on him. What they didn't count on, though, was the huge outpouring of support for Guffey and the animosity towards them (the members of the board and the superintendent). You know they had to be upset when Guffey walked into the gym and received a standing ovation! Also, at least one board member was told by a local businessman that if the board member voted to fire Guffey, the board member would no longer be welcomed in the store. They got the message, though--the vote to reinstate him was unanimous.
Dan Jensen

Gasconade, MO

#54 Oct 18, 2011
One Who Knows wrote:
Actually, this was just the incident that certain people were waiting for so as to try and get rid of him. Guffey's biggest mistake was providing the bullets to the people who had the guns trained on him. What they didn't count on, though, was the huge outpouring of support for Guffey and the animosity towards them (the members of the board and the superintendent). You know they had to be upset when Guffey walked into the gym and received a standing ovation! Also, at least one board member was told by a local businessman that if the board member voted to fire Guffey, the board member would no longer be welcomed in the store. They got the message, though--the vote to reinstate him was unanimous.
Newburg School Board is full of unqualified dumba**es. We as Newburg citizens do not appreciate the "work" that they do. Get rid of them all and replace them for all I care. Guffey arguing with a school board member is ok with me because he just did what all the citizens of Newburg wanted to do; which is, tell the board where to stick it. If you are a Newburg School board member and are reading this, I would like you to go f**k yourself. Have a nice day...
Just a matter of time

Springfield, MO

#55 Oct 18, 2011
All I know is that the next election I am making a special trip to help get some of those ass holes out of there. Steve Guffey was and is an amazing principle and Newburg is lucky to have him! He truly cares about the well being of ALL the students. He is a great man.
just pondering

United States

#56 Oct 18, 2011
who's writing these....person wouldn't be or related to who was arrested recently for stealing unemployment benefits or previously choked a child with a net that was made to resign approximately 13 years ago...see we can all play these games if you want!!
just pondering

Escalon, CA

#57 Oct 18, 2011
Just a matter of time wrote:
All I know is that the next election I am making a special trip to help get some of those ass holes out of there. Steve Guffey was and is an amazing principle and Newburg is lucky to have him! He truly cares about the well being of ALL the students. He is a great man.
what was your username...just a matter of opinion...because that's all we are hearing!!
Wolf Alumni

Warrensburg, MO

#58 Oct 18, 2011
Obviously the real story is yet to be revealed. Everyone who is involved with the girls basketball program knows the truth and have watched as this Guffey charade has gone on and on and on. Let's go back to the beginning of school when a board meeting was called. Why? Because false accusations and lies from the Guffey/Wilson families were made in an attempt, let me repeat, attempt to oust a coach and ruin a life. Thank you to our girls basketball coaches for your commitment, dedication, ability to turn the other cheek and do your job with constant support of these "girls" during this very difficult time. You have been there for them while these two families have been doing everything in their power to intimidate, terrorize and destroy the program. These "girls" are the children in our community that have been traumatized by the entire ordeal. Our school board members deserve a huge thank you for their commitment to our community and our children. I challenge each of you who think our principal is so wonderful and does no wrong; who thinks his attitude and ego/power trip is acceptable -- walk a mile in the shoes of our girls basketball coaches and school board members for the last several months. They are the heroes who deserve our praise. I appreciate our school board members for their dedication to service in a extremely difficult and emotionally draining volunteer job. Anyone who thinks they can do better, let's see your name on the ballot in the spring. Man up if you can do better! I respect the decision that has been made and look forward with hope that Mr. Guffey has learned a lesson from his very childish inappropriate actions.
just pondering

Escalon, CA

#59 Oct 18, 2011
Wolf Alumni wrote:
Obviously the real story is yet to be revealed. Everyone who is involved with the girls basketball program knows the truth and have watched as this Guffey charade has gone on and on and on. Let's go back to the beginning of school when a board meeting was called. Why? Because false accusations and lies from the Guffey/Wilson families were made in an attempt, let me repeat, attempt to oust a coach and ruin a life. Thank you to our girls basketball coaches for your commitment, dedication, ability to turn the other cheek and do your job with constant support of these "girls" during this very difficult time. You have been there for them while these two families have been doing everything in their power to intimidate, terrorize and destroy the program. These "girls" are the children in our community that have been traumatized by the entire ordeal. Our school board members deserve a huge thank you for their commitment to our community and our children. I challenge each of you who think our principal is so wonderful and does no wrong; who thinks his attitude and ego/power trip is acceptable -- walk a mile in the shoes of our girls basketball coaches and school board members for the last several months. They are the heroes who deserve our praise. I appreciate our school board members for their dedication to service in a extremely difficult and emotionally draining volunteer job. Anyone who thinks they can do better, let's see your name on the ballot in the spring. Man up if you can do better! I respect the decision that has been made and look forward with hope that Mr. Guffey has learned a lesson from his very childish inappropriate actions.
well said!!
Jean

Gasconade, MO

#60 Oct 18, 2011
Wolf Alumni, you are so wrong it's not even funny. You are obviously the 1% of the people who don't support Steve Guffey. You are in the wrong here, admit it and move on. Start a controversy elsewhere, drama queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Potter 28 min killa_the_compass... 12
Desiree King 6 hr get the name right 19
Kyle Crews woman beater 6 hr hww332 5
marcus corey 6 hr Jason Wright 5
Desiree closes Gordoz? 6 hr Jeremy Pivin 3
I hate Rolla. You gonna block me too? 7 hr Logical 34
Ward Heavin.. An Undercover?? 7 hr run 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages