help

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Please help me find out where Tattoo Tony from the Best Little Hair house went! I'm ready for a new tat and that's who I trust.
Paige

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Judged:

help wrote:
Please help me find out where Tattoo Tony from the Best Little Hair house went! I'm ready for a new tat and that's who I trust.
He's had his own shop for a while now. It's on Hauck Dr., across from Country Mart.
the rock rolled

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

he did my first tat and i love it!!
great i was wondering where he was. yea getting a new tat.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Judged:

Oh....your mom and dad will be so proud of you with all the cool tats.

Can you say "would you like fries with that" ?
the rock rolled

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Judged:

hey you are right they might want to get one to.
i would rather be able to say would you like fries with that instead of standing in line at the walfare office with you.
but hey its not really your fault that your parents wanted a dog instead of a child and they named you muffy! woof woof!
help

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

Ha Ha are you serious Muffy? That statement really shows your ignorance. I am an office manager. I wear dress clothes and high heels everyday and am very professional. I have many tattoos. I like pretty things and all of my tattoos are pretty and meaningful to me. Grow up.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Office Manager for a tattoo shop.
help

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Oh good one Muffy. By all means tell us what outstanding thing you do for employment??? Or are you just one of those people that want a tattoo but are too scared of a little pain to get one?
Don't pretend to know anything about other people based on one thing.
Tats can't be seen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

help wrote:
Oh good one Muffy. By all means tell us what outstanding thing you do for employment??? Or are you just one of those people that want a tattoo but are too scared of a little pain to get one?
Don't pretend to know anything about other people based on one thing.
I couldn't agree more. I have many tattoos! But not a single one can be seen in my daily uniform: heels, skirt (weather permitting), & a blouse. It's 2011! Tattoos have nothing to do with where someone works.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

I'm too smart to get a tattoo.

I'll let you in on a little secret, if you have a tattoo that shows while wearing a military uniform forget about going into the military. If you get one while in the military you'll be headed to the house.
help

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

I don't believe I've ever been in a tattoo parlor that DIDN'T have military people waiting to be tattooed. Maybe once. I don't care if you don't have tattoos because you can't or because you don't want them. That's your option. But don't be ignorant and group all people with tattoos together. It kind of blows the "i'm too smart" excuse out of the water.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

Just take a look around you. You won't see many professionals with tattoos.

Tattoos just confirm you have the ability to make poor choices. Few Fortune 500 companies will hire someone with tattoos or smokers.

Can you say "would you like fries with that" ?
help

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Oh you make me laugh. Do they do a tattoo search now? Have a tattooed check box on applications? I've been gainfully employeed all my life and since no coworkers are invited to see my tats it's a moot point. I'm not putting anyone's occupation down but I can assure you after 17 I've never worked anywhere other than in an office. Have two degrees and several beautiful tattoos. You should try one. Might change your judgemental attitude.
hi and might he

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

So if some colored ink on a person's skin defines them, does the original skin color matter as well? I'm just trying to figure out your logic on this one. I mean, it's my body, my decision, and I have to live with it. How does it affect you in any way? You can't use the military argument, because our troops are the ones who popularized tats back around WW2, and most of them have tats. If it's covered by their uniform, the military's official stand is that they don't care. So why do you? If it's something that you personally find disgusting, fine. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But don't try to push your views and disgust on people who wear tats. It's just not very 'professional'.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

hi and might he wrote:
So if some colored ink on a person's skin defines them, does the original skin color matter as well? I'm just trying to figure out your logic on this one. I mean, it's my body, my decision, and I have to live with it. How does it affect you in any way? You can't use the military argument, because our troops are the ones who popularized tats back around WW2, and most of them have tats. If it's covered by their uniform, the military's official stand is that they don't care. So why do you? If it's something that you personally find disgusting, fine. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But don't try to push your views and disgust on people who wear tats. It's just not very 'professional'.
It just goes to show the individual makes poor choices. Many companies today won't hire employees who make poor choices, such as tats, smoking, obese.

You might want to re-read my comments above about the military vs the uniform.

Actually many in the military during WW2 got tats, but not where they could be seen while wearing a uniform.

Just alittle more history, I work for a Fortune 500 company and have for many, many years, 40+ and at times sit on interview panels to decide who we hire and who we don't.

I know my disagreement hurts, but I'm just stating facts about the real world.

Oh, one more thing, we do background checks and credit checks. If someone is not responsible enough to pay his or her bills they probably aren't responsible enough to meet the requirements of holding a good job.
larry

Warsaw, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

I've never had a tattoo, and have never had any desire for one. Many people I know and even one of my kids have them. I think its everyones own choice, but I have told my son many times to make sure its nothing he would regret or be ashamed of someday. I do agree with Muffy in one respect, if not placed where they can be easily covered, it could cost you a good job opportunity someday, especially if its offensive, and you work with the public.
As long as they are wisely placed and they make you happy go for it.
hi and might he

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Again, it's the individual's decision. The words 'poor choice' are only your opinion. In a few cases, I completely agree with you. I know a guy that got a tat of a cartoon character just because he was dared to do so. Not a good example of better judgment skills, but the tat wasn't then, or even now is his problem. No, his problem is that he's a dumbass for many many other things as well. He's gonna always be one of those guys that asks "You want fries with that?" But you can't possibly believe that everyone with a tat falls in the same category as this lifetime loser. If you're as smart as you say you are, you know that someone with ink can be just as professional as you. I've given many interviews, and refused to hire many people. Most of them were ink free. They just weren't capable to do the job required. I've fired people too. And I can honestly say that none of these people were ever refused a job or fired due simply to their credit score. I think that people should be allowed to go as deep in debt as they wish, and still be able to work. Keep in mind, a lot of people can't pay their bills because THERE'S NO WORK. Unless it's flippin' burgers, but that's an honest days work too. Criminal record though, sorry, no work for you here buddy.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

I guess we've discussed this enough.

Enjoyed the debate.

Take care !
Old man hater

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

Muffy wrote:
I'm too smart to get a tattoo.
I'll let you in on a little secret, if you have a tattoo that shows while wearing a military uniform forget about going into the military. If you get one while in the military you'll be headed to the house.
Hi Muffy! Um, you are wrong, just saying. I live on a military installation and I don't go a single day without seeing a soldier with visible tattoos. On their necks, hands, back of their head. I've seen highway patrol with visible tattoos. You are just a hateful old fart and need to get with the times. It's 2011, Sir.
sponge

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Work for a fortune 500 company but yet you have time for childish bickering on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Rolla Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rolla Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE