daisy

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

It's been confirmed DENNY'S has applied for business license to go in old Shoneys building
shorty

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

daisy wrote:
It's been confirmed DENNY'S has applied for business license to go in old Shoneys building
The rumor I heard was a strip club.
Its actually going to

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Be a secret building for the dept of homeland security, aka, the SS
GoGoGo

Saint Robert, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I heard Pasta House.
daisy

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

They applied this morning!
ZombieHunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Dennys is nasty,everytime I ate there I got sick! Bring in a different franchise not something we've already had. Look how it turned out when we did have a Dennys!

I speak for many citizens when I say a Cracker Barrel would be nice or an Olive Garden,I would eve suggest a Starbucks but they don't support our military. Anything would be wonderful except a Dennys.
Duh

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

It's just bs. I am on the city council. We are not getting any new restaurants!
sunny

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I was told a bob Evans
Jumbo

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

ZombieHunter wrote:
Dennys is nasty,everytime I ate there I got sick! Bring in a different franchise not something we've already had. Look how it turned out when we did have a Dennys!
I speak for many citizens when I say a Cracker Barrel would be nice or an Olive Garden,I would eve suggest a Starbucks but they don't support our military. Anything would be wonderful except a Dennys.
Why don't you open one of those restaurants, you sound like a nice person, I would eat at your restaurant.
Bob the Buckeye

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I am exploring turning it into the world broadcasting headquarters for the Killa the compassionate studios.
Bob the Buckeye

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

And I am making a special place for me to be...under killa's desk.
ZombieHunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Jumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you open one of those restaurants, you sound like a nice person, I would eat at your restaurant.
I've looked into it. However Cracker Barrel,Olive Garden or Bob Evans don't allow individuals to franchise. They are all corporate owned. So it would be up to corporate headquarters whether or not they think Rolla,Mo would be a good place for a restaurant. I hope they do!

Oh and thank you,you seem like a nice person as well.
brilliant

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I think someone needs to turn the old fairground building into a night club. The big place past sears that has all that parking? What do we have to do to make this happen?!
for city council

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

We need change --- we need more restaurants, stores, and entertainment.
brilliant

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I agree that we need more entertainment. People around here have nothing to do but drugs. That is why I think a night club is a good idea. There are plenty of restaurants but I am sure more wouldn't hurt since people around here don't know how to cook.
ZombieHunter

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

A night club is a good thought,however it would only appeal to the younger crowd. It would also bring the people in that use drugs. A new business no matter what it is will not keep people from doing drugs,a drug user isn't going to wake up and say " Oh a new business in town I now have something to do,I guess I'll stop doing drugs." Not having anything to do is an excuse for people to do drugs. I could find a million other things to do than drugs.

We need something that brings in something for every one,I think an Incredible Pizza would be ideal for Rolla. Or a mall,malls offer a lot of things for young and old. Not only would it create jobs but it would bring in money for the city as well and give people something to do. A lot of people go to malls just to hangout or meet new people,and even exercise! Rolla needs something that applys to all ages,shapes and sizes. A mall of all things would be ideal in my opinion.
Grandma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

If it was a good Denny's, like others I've eaten at, I would be happy. I love eating breakfast there. They have good food, reasonably priced. All Denny's aren't like the old one we had.
Find out

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ZombieHunter wrote:
A night club is a good thought,however it would only appeal to the younger crowd. It would also bring the people in that use drugs. A new business no matter what it is will not keep people from doing drugs,a drug user isn't going to wake up and say " Oh a new business in town I now have something to do,I guess I'll stop doing drugs." Not having anything to do is an excuse for people to do drugs. I could find a million other things to do than drugs.
We need something that brings in something for every one,I think an Incredible Pizza would be ideal for Rolla. Or a mall,malls offer a lot of things for young and old. Not only would it create jobs but it would bring in money for the city as well and give people something to do. A lot of people go to malls just to hangout or meet new people,and even exercise! Rolla needs something that applys to all ages,shapes and sizes. A mall of all things would be ideal in my opinion.
I agree. Malls drawn out of town money too.
Old time democrat

Holden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ZombieHunter wrote:
You do understand alcoholism is a much bigger problem than drugs !! Night clubs and bars are a breeding ground for this problem.
ZombieHunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Old time democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand alcoholism is a much bigger problem than drugs !! Night clubs and bars are a breeding ground for this problem.
Neither is the bigger of the two. Alcohol is much easier to come by than drugs,so it's going to be consumed more. You can walk in a store and buy it,so naturally people know they can have it whenever they want. Having said that,there is going to be more issues involving alcohol.

Drugs have to be found,there's times when the drug industry hits a "dry spell" meaning nobody can find anything. So you have people that lay low and wait or go else where to find what they want. When you want something you can't have it usually makes you want it more. It the same with drugspeople know they can't have it or aren't suppose to and it makes them want it more. That's the rebel psychological part and then when they actually use the drug,that's the physical part thus creating a drug user that is addicted.

So yes alcohol is used more than drugs because its legal,however they are both big problems neither bigger than the other.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Rolla Forum right now

Search the Rolla Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any cute white and black couples?? 28 min Wondering 1
Nathan Stough 48 min Nicole 34
jared rhyneer 2 hr idiot 22
meghan james 2 hr MEGHAN JAMES 15
Walmart or Country Mart 3 hr i smell 9
really obama 5 hr my hometown 16
Democrats for Fox 6 hr Godzilla 6
•••
•••