The NRA Myth of Arming the Good Guys

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#28 Jan 4, 2013
Killa the Constipated wrote:
<quoted text>Nerve gas is an inanimate object. Should you be able to buy it?
Nerve gas isn't protected by the United States Constitution.
blastr

Rolla, MO

#29 Jan 4, 2013
Old time Dicksucker wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when libs try so hard to say something meaningful
,,,,, but always end up l@@kin so simple !
You don't know what you are talking about.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#30 Jan 4, 2013
Old time democrat wrote:
<quoted text>I love it when libs try so hard to say something meaningful ,,,,, but always end up l@@kin so simple !
Case and point.
blastr

Rolla, MO

#31 Jan 4, 2013
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
Case and point.
And you don't know what you are talking about.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#32 Jan 4, 2013
blastr wrote:
<quoted text>And you don't know what you are talking about.
Simple.
blastr

Rolla, MO

#33 Jan 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Simple.
Yes. That is you.
Kills the Constipated

Salem, MO

#34 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Nerve gas isn't protected by the United States Constitution.
The 2nd Amendment protects the right to own and bare arms, not firearms specifically. Had the document been written earlier arms might have meant swords, it protected the right to protect yourself with a weapon. Nerve gas is a weapon,
unknown at the time the 2nd amendment was written what is the difference between the right to own nerve gas to protect me from hoards of illegal aliens or the black UN helicopters and owning an assault weapon? AR-15s were not around when the constitution was written.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#35 Jan 5, 2013
Kills the Constipated wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd Amendment protects the right to own and bare arms, not firearms specifically. Had the document been written earlier arms might have meant swords, it protected the right to protect yourself with a weapon. Nerve gas is a weapon,
unknown at the time the 2nd amendment was written what is the difference between the right to own nerve gas to protect me from hoards of illegal aliens or the black UN helicopters and owning an assault weapon? AR-15s were not around when the constitution was written.
Original intent.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#36 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Original intent.
So the original intent was what? Bet you don't know.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#37 Jan 5, 2013
Protection from tyranny and self-defense. Why would you make such a stupid bet when I clearly know everything that matters?

Nerve gas isn't a method of self-defense or defense against tyranny. It's a method of mass murder.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#38 Jan 5, 2013
Naturally there were other reasons as well... Stopping invaders. No country in the world would dare invade the US. We have more guns in the hands of civilians than any other country by a wide margin. The best equipped armies in the world would suffer massive casualties knocking on our doors.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#39 Jan 5, 2013
Naturally there were other reasons as well... Stopping invaders. No country in the world would dare invade the US. We have more guns in the hands of civilians than any other country by a wide margin. The best equipped armies in the world would suffer massive casualties knocking on our doors.
Why can nerve gas not be used for self defense, pepper spray is a gas and is used for self defense? If an invader came into our country gas might repel them, what is the difference? Wouldnt gas in the hands of civilians not cause massive casualties? We are certainly not as bright as you, but I don't think you can answer this either.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#40 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>Why can nerve gas not be used for self defense, pepper spray is a gas and is used for self defense? If an invader came into our country gas might repel them, what is the difference? Wouldnt gas in the hands of civilians not cause massive casualties? We are certainly not as bright as you, but I don't think you can answer this either.
Have you ever tried to repel an invader with nerve gas? I'd recommend you not because you will kill yourself. That is unless you ask the invader to wait while you don a protective suit and respirator.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#41 Jan 5, 2013
Every reason for the second amendment comes down to self-defense. If you have to put on protective gear, or launch a weapon a distance to protect yourself from the effects, it is no longer self-defense. It becomes offense. That is the distinction in the second amendment and the original intent.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#42 Jan 5, 2013
Every reason for the second amendment comes down to self-defense. If you have to put on protective gear, or launch a weapon a distance to protect yourself from the effects, it is no longer self-defense. It becomes offense. That is the distinction in the second amendment and the original intent.
With proper training people could learn to spray it into a group of enemies. Maybe grenades would be safer, aren't they considered arms protected by the second amendment? I have a rifle that is accurate up to 1/2 mile easily. I can purchase a 50 caliber rifle that is not good for defense but hell of an offensive weapon if I want to shoot my neighbor behind his brick fence, is that like nerve gas?

By the way this was originally for Bloodfart, is he still at your house or out making 6 figures?
blastr

Rolla, MO

#43 Jan 5, 2013
this is such a bogus argument

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#44 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>With proper training people could learn to spray it into a group of enemies. Maybe grenades would be safer, aren't they considered arms protected by the second amendment? I have a rifle that is accurate up to 1/2 mile easily. I can purchase a 50 caliber rifle that is not good for defense but hell of an offensive weapon if I want to shoot my neighbor behind his brick fence, is that like nerve gas?

By the way this was originally for Bloodfart, is he still at your house or out making 6 figures?
So the legislature has to decide at what point weapons exceed self-defense and start moving into weapons of mass-murder; with the approval of the courts since it is a Constitutional issue.

Some would call automatic weapons weapons of self-defense. Others would not. I'd always err towards weapons being for self-defense. But some things like nerve gas clearly are not for self-defense.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#45 Jan 5, 2013
blastr wrote:
<quoted text>this is such a bogus argument
Convincing.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

#46 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
So the legislature has to decide at what point weapons exceed self-defense and start moving into weapons of mass-murder; with the approval of the courts since it is a Constitutional issue.
Some would call automatic weapons weapons of self-defense. Others would not. I'd always err towards weapons being for self-defense. But some things like nerve gas clearly are not for self-defense.
So you are now convinced that regulating weapons through legislation is acceptable when focused on non- defensive weapons?

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#47 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>So you are now convinced that regulating weapons through legislation is acceptable when focused on non- defensive weapons?
Now? I never believed nuclear weapons were covered by the Second Amendment.'Assault weapons', as you call them, are defensive weapons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew and Ashley at Investment Realty 1 hr Facts 9
desarae and brad nunnery (Mar '16) 2 hr Rollas finest 7
A thank you to rolla from Mr. Heroin (Feb '16) 6 hr Leave while you can 12
Choices for people center rolla mo 7 hr Concerned Gramma 7
Gofundme for Ashley Brandt DUI 20 hr Awesome 20
Megan from huddle house 22 hr customer 11
Window tinting 22 hr customer 6

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance