Huge Layoffs at Fort Leonard Wood & R...

Huge Layoffs at Fort Leonard Wood & Rolla?

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AF Ret

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Oct 27, 2012
Sequestration? Any federal employees in Rolla been told their department is affected by the huge civilian workforce layoff in January? Looks like 3000 employees, many who commute to the Fort from Rolla, will be furloughed for nine months, not including USGS, USDA, and Forest Service. This will destroy the local economy if notices go out in November.
GLWACH

Jefferson City, MO

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Contracted military doctors and medical staff not being renewed?????

Installation support staff contracts terminated???

Does it appear that they are letting the contracts expire? Seems like the first step before the possible January 7th furlough of civilians.
Interested

Rolla, MO

#3 Nov 12, 2012
Looks like its that change we were all promised
come on man

Warrensburg, MO

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Well all the preppers will enbrace this.they will be buying up all the bottled water, and mac n cheese.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#5 Nov 12, 2012
come on man wrote:
Well all the preppers will enbrace this.they will be buying up all the bottled water, and mac n cheese.
And you will be starving in the streets waiting on the government to feed you like the New Englanders.
come on man

Warrensburg, MO

#6 Nov 12, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will be starving in the streets waiting on the government to feed you like the New Englanders.
Sounds like your a prepper!!!no water or mac n cheese left on the slelves now for sure.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#7 Nov 12, 2012
come on man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your a prepper!!!no water or mac n cheese left on the slelves now for sure.
I only have my guns and ammo. I'll be taking your food when the world ends.
Hillbilly Al

Rolla, MO

#8 Nov 13, 2012
It's a little hypocritical of people who voted for Romney to criticize this. Isn't a government spending reduction what you wanted?
LOL

Jefferson City, MO

#9 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
I only have my guns and ammo. I'll be taking your food when the world ends.
NO way!! One of 13

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Hillbilly Al wrote:
It's a little hypocritical of people who voted for Romney to criticize this. Isn't a government spending reduction what you wanted?
Romney was the one fighting against sequestration. Check your facts.
lol

United States

#11 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>Romney was the one fighting against sequestration. Check your facts.
LICK MY BUTTHOLE

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#12 Nov 13, 2012
These are the types of people lefties are. Is this really whom you moderates wish to side with?
The Voice of Truth

Rolla, MO

#13 Nov 13, 2012
AF Ret wrote:
Sequestration? Any federal employees in Rolla been told their department is affected by the huge civilian workforce layoff in January? Looks like 3000 employees, many who commute to the Fort from Rolla, will be furloughed for nine months, not including USGS, USDA, and Forest Service. This will destroy the local economy if notices go out in November.
THIS IS AN OUTRAGEOUS LIE - And you know it!!!

This is nothing but more GLOOM & DOOM SCARE TACTICS COMING FROM THE RIGHT-WING PROPAGANDA MACHINE!

You Republicans are SO OUTRAGED that you man didn't win the election - and you have to resort to trying to SCARE PEOPLE. Why don't you do a little research & get your facts straight before coming on this forum and trying to SCARE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE???

Show us CREDIBLE EVIDENCE (and not anything that comes from Fox, Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity or any of the right-wing propaganda machine).

IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE SOME CREDIBLE PROOF OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING - THEN WE WILL ALL KNOW THAT YOU ARE LYING!!!

This Defense Sequestration is just a ploy (introduced by Republicans) a few years ago - IF our politicans couldn't come to an agreement on paying down our debt.

Well, our politicans did not come up with a solution - so, this Defense Sequestration is still on the table to happen on Jan 2, 2013 - if Republicans refuse to work out a deal with Demcrats involving wealthy people paying their fair share of taxes.

On Jan 2, the Bush tax cuts are also scheduled to expire (AND EVERYBODY'S TAXES WILL GO BACK UP TO WHAT THEY WERE UNDER THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION).

Obama will let this happen (we will go off the cliff)!!!

That means EVERYBODY'S TAXES WILL BE RAISED ON JAN 2, 2013! But, in January - Obama will also introduce a tax cut bill for everybody (making under $250,000. per year) & if Republicans refuse to sign for a tax cut for the middle-class & working poor - IT WILL BE POLITICAL SUICIDE FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY! & AND IT WILL ALSO CAUSE THE SEQUESTRATON TO GO FORWARD & IT'S POSSIBLE THESE PEOPLE YOU SPEAK OF MAY BE FURLOUGHED...

So, when Republicans sign to (give the middle-class & working poor a tax cut)- keeping their tax rates like they are now, then THE DEFENSE SEQUESTRATION WILL NOT TAKE PLACE!!!

AND THERE WILL BE NO FEDERAL EMPLOYEES LOSING THEIR JOBS!!!

So, you better just hope & pray that Republicans in Congress will come to their senses & let THE WEALTHY PEOPLE FINALLY PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE IN TAXES!!!

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#14 Nov 13, 2012
The defense sequestration was the part of the debt-ceiling deal that Democrats insisted upon because it is their wet dream.

The top 1% pay over 36% of the taxes right now. You can steal all their money and the government could only fund itself for less than a month. They are paying their fair share. Taking money away from people that can afford to hire others results in the job losses I am documenting on another thread. If you want more of those job losses, raise their taxes. I'll be sure to post it.
trollolol

Rolla, MO

#15 Nov 13, 2012
The defense sequestration was the part of the debt-ceiling deal that Democrats insisted upon because it is their wet dream.
The top 1% pay over 36% of the taxes right now. You can steal all their money and the government could only fund itself for less than a month. They are paying their fair share. Taking money away from people that can afford to hire others results in the job losses I am documenting on another thread. If you want more of those job losses, raise their taxes. I'll be sure to post it.
hahaha....things you know nothing about

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#16 Nov 13, 2012
trollolol wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha....things you know nothing about
I noticed you failed to attack the substance. Must mean you can't.
The Voice of Truth

Rolla, MO

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Killa,
The top 1% are paying less taxes TODAY than they were back in the 50's & 60's!

The top 1% TODAY are also making RECORD PROFITS & MAKING MORE MONEY THAN THEY EVER HAVE IN HISTORY!!!

Did you know that at one time the top 1% were paying over 90% in taxes???

You need start EDUCATING YOURSELF BY STUDYING HISTORY AND DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH before you come on this forum and make a complete FOOL OF YOURSELF!!!

If any of your outrageous claims of JOB CUTS at Ft. Wood & Rolla were really true - DON'T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE HEADLINE NEWS AROUND THE COUNTRY???

You need to break out of THE ALTERNATE REALITY OF THE RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA MACHINE & OPEN UP YOUR EYES TO WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY!!!

Yes, for your own good (and the good of this country)- you need to turn off Fox, Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity & the rest of the right-wing hate & fear mongers...

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#18 Nov 14, 2012
The Voice of Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Killa,
The top 1% are paying less taxes TODAY than they were back in the 50's & 60's!

The top 1% TODAY are also making RECORD PROFITS & MAKING MORE MONEY THAN THEY EVER HAVE IN HISTORY!!!

Did you know that at one time the top 1% were paying over 90% in taxes???

You need start EDUCATING YOURSELF BY STUDYING HISTORY AND DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH before you come on this forum and make a complete FOOL OF YOURSELF!!!

If any of your outrageous claims of JOB CUTS at Ft. Wood & Rolla were really true - DON'T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE HEADLINE NEWS AROUND THE COUNTRY???

You need to break out of THE ALTERNATE REALITY OF THE RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA MACHINE & OPEN UP YOUR EYES TO WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY!!!

Yes, for your own good (and the good of this country)- you need to turn off Fox, Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity & the rest of the right-wing hate & fear mongers...
Reagan cut their taxes from 70% to 50% to 28%. Revenues doubled to the treasury during his terms alone. He created 25 years of prosperity. And everyone else has been paying more in taxes, precisely because of the prosperity those tax cuts created.

Raise their taxes, and they will pay more. But we will pay less because of diminished prosperity.
Loyal Democrat

United States

#19 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Reagan cut their taxes from 70% to 50% to 28%. Revenues doubled to the treasury during his terms alone. He created 25 years of prosperity. And everyone else has been paying more in taxes, precisely because of the prosperity those tax cuts created.
Raise their taxes, and they will pay more. But we will pay less because of diminished prosperity.
It was Tip Oneil and a democrat congress that brought us 25 years of prosperity. You are just not old enough to remember.
The Voice of Truth

Rolla, MO

#20 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, it looks like (FOR A LONG TIME NOW) we've been trying to duplicate what Reagan did with taxes. You do remember - we've had those BUSH tax cuts for 12 long years?

And my question to you is - JUST WHEN ARE THOSE REVENUES GOING TO START ROLLING IN???

WE'VE BEEN WAITING 12 YEARS NOW!!!

We're still waiting...

We're still waiting...

We're still waiting...

Obviously, that sad old tired Republican fix of 'cutting taxes for the rich'(the job creators) will cause jobs to start springing up all over the place & and the revenues to start skyrocketing. But, the problem is - it hasn't worked...

Yes, on the surface it looks like Reagan did a pretty good job - if you don't consider the fact - that during the Reagan administration, our country's national debt first started skyrocketing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 3 hr Dzzz nuts 523
Best pest control 3 hr Mr Ed 9
Nicole Gooch Hasty and Travis Holt 3 hr Mr Ed 4
Perc 10s 3 hr Mr Ed 7
greg long 4 hr Sissylover 17
wifes 4 hr Mr-Rolla 22
Nikole Baumgartner's choices 5 hr Mr Ed 2

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance