Don't worry about huge tax increase c...

Don't worry about huge tax increase coming. Obama's on the golf course.

Posted in the Rolla Forum

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#1 Dec 3, 2012
$2000 dollars or more for the middle class coming January 1. But don't worry, Obama's golfing.
Townie

Rolla, MO

#2 Dec 3, 2012
and when this doesn't come to pass you will say you were just trying to suppress the liberal vote...

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Townie wrote:
and when this doesn't come to pass you will say you were just trying to suppress the liberal vote...
That didn't make sense. What liberal vote is there to suppress? You seem to have a problem not even responding to the correct topic. Obama needs to negotiate a deal. That doesn't involve liberals voting.
Townie

Rolla, MO

#4 Dec 3, 2012
none of your big lies make sense

you spew a bunch of nonsense and then won't own up to being wrong all the time

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Why would I own up to being wrong when I'm not?
Townie

Rolla, MO

#6 Dec 4, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Why would I own up to being wrong when I'm not?
That would be a different issue. Why do you always change the subject?
jack

United States

#7 Dec 4, 2012
$2000 dollars or more for the middle class coming January 1. But don't worry, Obama's golfing.
If we do get those tax increases it is because of your republican friends in the House. They won't allow an up or down vote on middle class tax cuts. That's why 59 percent of Americans say they will blame republicans if we go over the cliff according to pew poll. Only 31 percent would blame Obama.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#8 Dec 4, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text>If we do get those tax increases it is because of your republican friends in the House. They won't allow an up or down vote on middle class tax cuts. That's why 59 percent of Americans say they will blame republicans if we go over the cliff according to pew poll. Only 31 percent would blame Obama.
You are probably right. I just hope there are enough Republicans that hang tough. Taxes will still go up either way. They'll say they cut taxes, but it will just be from the new higher rate if they pass a deal. It will still be higher than the old rates. That's the way Washington works.

The reality is, the taxes will help to send us into a recession if it isn't fixed at all levels. Just (partially) fixing the middle class taxes isn't going to cut it. Republicans need it as leverage to make it all or nothing.

The next fun debate will be the debt ceiling. Republicans have all the leverage on that debate. Obama has the leverage on the fiscal cliff debate. Both have to come to a compromise, but I put the odds of that at about 10%. It's only that high because Boehner is a weak leader.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#9 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>You are probably right. I just hope there are enough Republicans that hang tough. Taxes will still go up either way. They'll say they cut taxes, but it will just be from the new higher rate if they pass a deal. It will still be higher than the old rates. That's the way Washington works.

The reality is, the taxes will help to send us into a recession if it isn't fixed at all levels. Just (partially) fixing the middle class taxes isn't going to cut it. Republicans need it as leverage to make it all or nothing.

The next fun debate will be the debt ceiling. Republicans have all the leverage on that debate. Obama has the leverage on the fiscal cliff debate. Both have to come to a compromise, but I put the odds of that at about 10%. It's only that high because Boehner is a weak leader.
Raising taxes on anyone isn't the answer though. By raising taxes on just the rich, it fixes the fiscal problems in this country by a couple of days. But ultimately, it will just hurt the economy. The only answer is to slash spending.

That's what's wrong with Boehner. He is giving ground to a failure of an idea suggesting raising taxes on anyone is helpful.
killa the uglybumper

Rolla, MO

#11 Jun 14, 2013
killa's advice is worth what we pay for it.

Even less, because he stinks up the place like dirty clothes.
Old time democrat

Jefferson City, MO

#12 Jun 15, 2013
killa the uglybumper wrote:
killa's advice is worth what we pay for it.
Even less, because he stinks up the place like dirty clothes.
Another democrat speaks !
killa the uglybumper

Rolla, MO

#13 Jun 15, 2013
Old time democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Another democrat speaks !
Another bloviating Dixiecrat takes his mouth off killa's junk long enough to say something stupid...
regular

United States

#14 Jun 15, 2013
You know, the more I read stuff by this Killa guy, the more I realize that liberals have it right all along.

Killa's done a great job of showing how wrongheaded conservativism and all its ideas are.

Thanks for converting me to the Democratic Party, Killa!:)

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#15 Jun 15, 2013
regular wrote:
You know, the more I read stuff by this Killa guy, the more I realize that liberals have it right all along.

Killa's done a great job of showing how wrongheaded conservativism and all its ideas are.

Thanks for converting me to the Democratic Party, Killa!:)
That's funny, because the more I write, the more I realize, I have it right.

If the gay slurs, your side keeps throwing out, makes you more leftist, there isn't much I can do about that.
Regular

United States

#16 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
If the gay slurs, your side keeps throwing out, makes you more leftist, there isn't much I can do about that.
"Whatever the thinker thinks, the prover will prove."

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#17 Jun 15, 2013
Regular wrote:
<quoted text>"Whatever the thinker thinks, the prover will prove."
Goes both ways. The question is, who is right? There can be only one best answer.
Regular

United States

#18 Jun 15, 2013
Have you read this? It's surprisingly well-researched, and I think it does a good job of pointing out how a lot of our economic problems are more hyped-up than they should be, courtesy of our for-profit media.
Regular

United States

#19 Jun 15, 2013

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#20 Jun 15, 2013
Regular wrote:
Have you read this? It's surprisingly well-researched, and I think it does a good job of pointing out how a lot of our economic problems are more hyped-up than they should be, courtesy of our for-profit media.
I read the bullet points and generally agree with them. That doesn't make them all right.

1. The deficit isn't necessarily the monster it is often made out to be. That being said, the government subtracts from the economy. The less they can siphon off, the better. It became a monster when Obama quadrupled our deficit. That was completely unsustainable. It's still unsustainable where it is at today, even if it is better. It must be fixed if we want a future, as diminished as the future has become after Obama's spending.

2. Nearly every human being is capable of adding to the economy. That doesn't mean we make them a citizen.
killa the uglybumper

Rolla, MO

#21 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
A legend in your own mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wise words tattood on a wise woman 17 min Todd n 1
Cassandra Berry (Culp) Embezzler 23 min Joe 8
8 up Rolla 56 min omg 10
A good Church in Rolla, MO 1 hr One sided 25
Love stealing valor just to piss of military gu... 1 hr Marion Cobretti 3
Heat Fugitive Beach 1 hr Limitless 2
Brittany Stroup A.K.A. Nikki Kamakazee 1 hr Mr Ed 71
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 5 hr UserB 524

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web