Old time democrat

Lebanon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Why is Social Security and Medicare considered an entitlement?
I am 56 and they call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. And even though the government borrowed from it don't they still owe it? I paid my hard earned cash into it. It totaled around 15% of my income before taxes. Don't I deserve it back? Why do they call it an entitlement ?
yammerstein

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Republicans use this term so everybody will think you are a black-skinned lowlife person who is a leech on the rest of society.

The Democrat say safety net to describe the same programs.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Farmers are subsidized, students, truckers, real estate brokers all are subsidized all are entitlements. And that's just the little ones.
yammerstein

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

bloodfart wrote:
It is an entitlement program. The facts show that even tho you paid into these programs, you will actually use more than you paid into these programs.
Look at how many people are on social welfare programs at this time. Food stamps are a bug problem.
Corporate welfare is a more-expensive problem.
dooley

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

yes
Retiree

Holts Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I paid into social security since age 15.... I am now 67. I paid for my social security benefit and EARNED it now that I am of age. It's not an entitlement (which infers free to everyone); it is a pension to which I contributed for 52 years.
Killa the Compassionate

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Retiree wrote:
I paid into social security since age 15.... I am now 67. I paid for my social security benefit and EARNED it now that I am of age. It's not an entitlement (which infers free to everyone); it is a pension to which I contributed for 52 years.
You are right, but if some have their way we will have to work until we are 75 or die.
Killa the Constipated

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
Truckers are not subsidized. I dont think you know what you are talking about. I dont think farmers should be. Hell the brains in DC pay farmers not to farm? Thats smart.
Trucker are subsidized by the gap between fuel taxes and the damage they do to the roads, plus the danger from doped up drivers cost more than they pay. When I see how much they make per mile on their ass I think of them as hookers.
yup

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok good for you, but when i retire there isnt going to be any money left for me. Baby boomers are fast retiring and now there are not enough people paying into the programs.
Also people are living alot longer now days. Raise the retirement age up a little bit to help offset this problem.
Hell when i do my taxes how about they cut me a check for 2% of what ive paid into SSI and let me invest it into the market and have control over it?
Pure bullcrappy.

SSI ran surpluses for many years and is able to continue, as-is, for another 35 years.
Been There

Holts Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok good for you, but when i retire there isnt going to be any money left for me. Baby boomers are fast retiring and now there are not enough people paying into the programs.
Also people are living alot longer now days. Raise the retirement age up a little bit to help offset this problem.
Hell when i do my taxes how about they cut me a check for 2% of what ive paid into SSI and let me invest it into the market and have control over it?
I agree with both your points....raise the age to 64 for reduced bebefits and 67 for full benefits. And you should have the option to take 2 % for your personal investment plan. By the way, folks who take the early benefit are reducing the amount they get each month, playing the odds that they will live longer.
MoKidd

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of people are against investing a portion of SSI. But i think i can invest it better than DC. Let me make a lil extra with my own money.
all you have to do is stay alive and you will get back more than you could earn by investing, unless you are one of the billionaire elite---which I seriously doubt that you are
MoKidd

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

bloodfart wrote:
<quoted text>
No im not a rich man but i make a comfortable living. And maybe the 2% investment isnt for you, but its for me. Should we not have the option?
Why fix something that isn't broke? You know it isn't broken. That is just a Wall Street ruse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Rolla Forum right now

Search the Rolla Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Matthew Lauren Harman from Newberg 6 hr Lynne 8
Nathan Stough 6 hr Because 53
Any cute white and black couples?? 8 hr Wynesha 10
whats the deal with sandy sands and greg long? 9 hr just me 8
Democrats for Fox 10 hr Republican 6
Shockley supporters 10 hr Republican 3
Kylie Long 14 hr WOW 6
•••
•••