RHS drug testing next week?

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tasha

Waynesville, MO

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Has anyone heard if RHS will be conducting random drug testing of students next week? What would they be testing for?

Haslet, TX

#2 Aug 9, 2012
Lol same ole same ole every year! no they never drug test they legally cannot drug test kids in high school. But unless you are actually doing drugs why does it matter? Anyone else herd this rumor when they were in high school?
lol

Rolla, MO

#3 Aug 9, 2012
Actually they can drug test you. A school I have previously went to drug tested their students. Legally they can.
Rags

Rolla, MO

#4 Aug 9, 2012
Only people they can drug test is anyone that signed a contract...for a club or team
Wrong

Belton, MO

#5 Aug 9, 2012
They can test. No contract required. There are rules they must follow. It would be very expensive to document all the procedures followed to make the test results worth anything. It is easier and cheaper with a signed contract.

The cheapest option is to make drug tests available for parents to purchase through the school office. Many schools have had great luck with that.
Tasha

Waynesville, MO

#6 Aug 10, 2012
I think they are sending paperwork to all parents to sign allowing the random drug and alcohol testing of their children. All students not just the sports teams.
gogo rocket

Waynesville, MO

#7 Aug 10, 2012
Is it because of all the prescription meds, crystal meth, bath salts and heroin in Rolla? Are any school kids doing this stuff and going to school though? Probably not.
Wow

Warrensburg, MO

#8 Aug 10, 2012
Yeah they do it and go to school. Plus they drink alcohol at school. They take it in other containers and drink it. I think random testing needs to b done at this school. To much drug use going on!
Justsomegirl

Columbia, MO

#9 Aug 10, 2012
lol wrote:
Actually they can drug test you. A school I have previously went to drug tested their students. Legally they can.
They actually can drug test kids in High school. I had to test kids for even Middle school and Jr High. They do it around the Columbia area.
lol

Rolla, MO

#10 Aug 11, 2012
I know they can. I just said that?
Plan

Belton, MO

#11 Aug 11, 2012
It's a shame the laws would block them from doing something like this: If I were the principal, I would send those contracts home with everyone and then drug test the kids who did not bring them back signed!
Holloway House

Jefferson City, MO

#12 Aug 11, 2012
The information flyer will be for 100% drug testing, and any parent's who refuse will be asked to remove their child from Rolla pubic schools.
100% drug and alcohol free!
Rags

Rolla, MO

#13 Aug 11, 2012
Holloway House wrote:
The information flyer will be for 100% drug testing, and any parent's who refuse will be asked to remove their child from Rolla pubic schools.
100% drug and alcohol free!
lol so aginst our right for privacy it won't pass
Lol

Warrensburg, MO

#14 Aug 11, 2012
It def needs to be done!!!! To many kids using and to many parents either letting it happen or even supplying
Drugs

Belton, MO

#15 Aug 11, 2012
Rags wrote:
<quoted text>
lol so aginst our right for privacy it won't pass
It doesn't need to pass or be approved. It is how it is. The way it is worded, anyone who argues will end up looking like a supporter of kids doing drugs. Well done, RPS!
really?

Haslet, TX

#16 Aug 11, 2012
2011 wrote:
Lol same ole same ole every year! no they never drug test they legally cannot drug test kids in high school. But unless you are actually doing drugs why does it matter? Anyone else herd this rumor when they were in high school?
If the students parents-guardians r ok w it then they sure can.they can spank ur child so y couldn't they drug test them?I personally think its a great idea.maybe addictions could b nipped n the butt n these kids would b less likely 2 become adult addicts.maybe kids would b less likely 2 try n do drugs if they were afraid of bein tested n their parents finding out.
bomb chick

Haslet, TX

#17 Aug 11, 2012
Wrong wrote:
They can test. No contract required. There are rules they must follow. It would be very expensive to document all the procedures followed to make the test results worth anything. It is easier and cheaper with a signed contract.

The cheapest option is to make drug tests available for parents to purchase through the school office. Many schools have had great luck with that.
u can buy at home drug tests at most Pharmacys.
bomb chick

Haslet, TX

#18 Aug 11, 2012
gogo rocket wrote:
Is it because of all the prescription meds, crystal meth, bath salts and heroin in Rolla? Are any school kids doing this stuff and going to school though? Probably not.
I believe it takes a special kind of test 2 check 4 synthetic drugs so I'm sure they'd b testing 4 the real drugs n not bath salts & potpourri or k-2.
bomb chick

Haslet, TX

#19 Aug 11, 2012
Wow wrote:
Yeah they do it and go to school. Plus they drink alcohol at school. They take it in other containers and drink it. I think random testing needs to b done at this school. To much drug use going on!
I don't think kids should b able 2 bring refillable beverage containers or drinks that have been opened already.I think this would reduce drinking at school somewhat.I agree & think testing is a great idea!!sum parents r so naive n this could help them open their eyes.I no way 2 many parents like this.
parent of grad

Rolla, MO

#20 Aug 11, 2012
I hope this is true, drug testing at RHS and RJHS is definitely needed. But I also hope they are prepared for A LOT of students to test positive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Brazzle 1 hr shane 17
Fat people should be eaten 1 hr Chickenlicken 24
joe n john Lilly 2 hr misunerstood 1
Dani Martin a...Prostitute?!? 3 hr killa_the_compass... 11
I would bang Olivia Gronewald 4 hr Sharlotte 5
Richard Delong - Embezzeler (Nov '14) 5 hr Knuckleball 51
8 up Rolla 6 hr louie 2
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 8 hr The_Wiz 512
Jennifer Lewis charged with murder... 12 hr Eric C 18

Rolla Jobs