School Security
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lol

Warrensburg, MO

#21 Jan 8, 2013
I know 3 schools here that the main door does not go straight into the office. So how does that do any good? There are signs posted that you are to check in at the office....yeah that helps bc I've never checked in and have never been stopped. Our schools are not as safe as the should be.
Just me

Fairfax, VA

#23 Jan 8, 2013
Then why complain about it on here? You think the superintendent is reading all of this?? Highly doubt it. If you want something done go to the school board meetings. Common sense people!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24 Jan 8, 2013
I think that Watch Dog has the best idea to keep students and staff safe.Its the first post. Some of the schools in CT where the 26 staff and students were killed, are doing some of this bullet proof stuff along with the alarm system. This was on the news.

Location hidden

#25 Jan 8, 2013
If anyone knows a board member, they should send the information to their home address so they will be sure to get the information.They are elected reps. of the people. Susposed to be anyway.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 12, 2013
I understand you can still walk right in the door at the schools? Sounds like from what we hear, no one wants to do anything but talk about what to do.The problem simply wont go away.I hear on the news and read where other schools are securing their buildings.I guess at those schools,theres people in place thats not afraid to make a decision.
PTG

Burlington, IA

#27 Jan 12, 2013
Passive security is really poor protection against a determined killer. Active countermeasures in the form of armed security are the only protection that is effective.

All the bullet proof doors and glass in the world are worthless against even the slightest bit of planning. The only way to confront violence is effective counter violence.

Location hidden

#28 Jan 13, 2013
I was told that the Newburg Schools answer was to teach the kids how to dodge bullets? Surely Rolla Schools will have a better answer than that.

Location hidden

#29 Jan 16, 2013
I read in the paper that school security will be talked about in this school board meeting.Maybe something will finally be decided? Will the paper report the progress if any?

Location hidden

#30 Jan 19, 2013
Well looks like progress is still being talked about on the security measures to protect the staff and sudents in the Rolla Schools.Actions will speak louder than words.We will stay tuned. Hope the press does also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who remembers these three people from the late ... (Mar '17) 52 min Old Timer 15
Pawm Mart 11 hr Big Cheese 8
Richard Hendershit 15 hr Driver 1
New to town Hi! 21 hr thechopper 7
Someone to party with. 21 hr thechopper 3
imos Mon Liam 6
Rolla Manor Mon Large cubby 14

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages