|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Just a idea;
1.Lock all the outside doors, and replace those doors with doors that have bullet proof layers inside,some banks use these.The window glass around the doors can be replaced by glass that is bullet proof, like banks use, or glass that has a heavy wire mesh inside the glass panels, that has to be cut with heavy wire cutters, boys and girls town used some of this product.No person could shoot their way in from outside, like Sandy Hook.
2.Have one way in , that uses the( buzz in )idea,meaning everyone that visits the school would have to be buzzed in.
3. Install those bullet proof doors on all inside doors ,with a deadbolt on the inside of the door.
4.Install a alarm system , that will be sounded in the school, if there is trouble ,someone trying to enter the building that shouldnt be there. That alarm tells the staff to get the students in rooms and lock those bullet proof doors. That alarm, is also sent to the police station ,so they can respond.The outside and inside doors would slow a bad guy down long enough, for police to respond.This is just a idea,and yes will cost money at first, but could be mantained at very low cost.I beleave our childrens lives could be kept safe,and the program tweaked as needed.That bullet proof product can also be purchased in 4 by 8 sheets,kinda looks like sheet rock, can be cut with a saw, but you cant shoot through it.Bank, and pharmacy counters are wraped with it, giving those employees a safe place to hide from a bad person with a gun.
Zoner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Watch Dog wrote:
Just a idea;
1.Lock all the outside doors, and replace those doors with doors that have bullet proof layers inside,some banks use these.The window glass around the doors can be replaced by glass that is bullet proof, like banks use, or glass that has a heavy wire mesh inside the glass panels, that has to be cut with heavy wire cutters, boys and girls town used some of this product.No person could shoot their way in from outside, like Sandy Hook.
2.Have one way in , that uses the( buzz in )idea,meaning everyone that visits the school would have to be buzzed in.
3. Install those bullet proof doors on all inside doors ,with a deadbolt on the inside of the door.
4.Install a alarm system , that will be sounded in the school, if there is trouble ,someone trying to enter the building that shouldnt be there. That alarm tells the staff to get the students in rooms and lock those bullet proof doors. That alarm, is also sent to the police station ,so they can respond.The outside and inside doors would slow a bad guy down long enough, for police to respond.This is just a idea,and yes will cost money at first, but could be mantained at very low cost.I beleave our childrens lives could be kept safe,and the program tweaked as needed.That bullet proof product can also be purchased in 4 by 8 sheets,kinda looks like sheet rock, can be cut with a saw, but you cant shoot through it.Bank, and pharmacy counters are wraped with it, giving those employees a safe place to hide from a bad person with a gun.
GREAT ideas - you should send this to the school board!!
kate

Odessa, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Watch Dog wrote:
Just a idea;
Very good idea
llkjhf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

They'll never put out the money. They won't pull from their precious sports programs.
Zoner

Waynesville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

llkjhf wrote:
They'll never put out the money. They won't pull from their precious sports programs.
Why would it have to come from the sports programs anymore than from the English budget, of the maintenance budget? Bet it won't be long and there will be grants available - maybe sponsored by the NRA themselves, but they won't bother unless the community demands something safer - which is why great ideas like this one should be presented to the school board.
Hahaha

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

It should be REQUIRED that ALL citizens take a class on school finance. It is not as simple as, "We have $X million. How much do you want to give to this? Or that?"

You really have no idea how little control and flexibility the administrators have.

Maybe not in Rolla, but in MANY of the local school districts,$0 of school money goes to athletics. Ticket sales, concessions, and booster clubs pay for everything...uniforms, referees, travel, coach salaries...EVERYTHING!
Concern

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Hire police who are off work as security. Many places do at businesses in this country
Whats This

Independence, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

I hope the Rolla Schools arent thinking,do nothing and all of this will simply go away.
Watch Dog

Independence, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Has anyone heard if Rolla is making any changes to beef up their security?
Zoner

Waynesville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Watch Dog wrote:
Has anyone heard if Rolla is making any changes to beef up their security?
None as if yet.
Watch Dog

Independence, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

The first 100 million dollar lawsuit is gettig ready to be filed at Sandy Hook.That is just for 1 student and that student survived the bad guy.That makes spending money to secure the schools cheap.

Since: Apr 12

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Watch Dog wrote:
The first 100 million dollar lawsuit is gettig ready to be filed at Sandy Hook.That is just for 1 student and that student survived the bad guy.That makes spending money to secure the schools cheap.
What is suing the school gonna do?
Hahaha

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

HeatherVarner805 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is suing the school gonna do?
Make it so they can't afford safety improvements in the future...duh!:)
Franklin

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Definition of mass hysteria: "a condition affecting a group of persons, characterized by excitement or anxiety, irrational behavior or beliefs, or inexplicable symptoms of illness."

Since: Apr 12

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>Make it so they can't afford safety improvements in the future...duh!:)
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Are they locking those doors yet? Im new to the district,but my grand children tell me the doors are unlocked .I dont have a degree in school finance either, but I would think that schools being secure would trump most anything else.I have five grand kids in the schools.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

If I were on the staff there, I would be asking the question, why those doors are not locked.They are in as much danger as the students.I hope they arent putting saving money instead of saving life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

thats putting money AHEAD of savivg life. I dont have a degree in grammer either.
Larry

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

The VIP'S (police) VETS drive by the schools a little faster now.I feel much safer with the vets around...VIP'S around.
Just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

I work at one of the schools and all the outside doors are locked now except the one leading straight into the office. It doesn't put me at complete ease but it helps. My children attend an elementary school and I know they are safe there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Rolla Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rolla News, Events & Info