Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Before you libs get all excited, it's important that you understand some basic economics.

Companies have two ways of controlling profits. Revenues and expenses. Revenues are not rising much as evidenced by the GDP growth rate. Expenses have been cut as evidenced by all the job losses. Less obvious ways of cutting expenses include cutting Research an Development. This has ramifications to profits in the out years as new efficiencies are not being researched. This rise in the market is not the result of a healthy economy, but rather an economy that is braced for trouble. They have hunkered down and are now lean, mean, money-making machines. We have many years of a low growth rate and high unemployment ahead of us.

The Dow will have to hit 15.7k to account for inflation since 2007. So don't get too excited when the Dow hits 14.2k. That being said, I hope it hits 15.7k because of legitimate growth ASAP. We will need every dollar we can get to survive Obama.
SpiroMcSpagnew

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

It is unfortunate you didn't pay attention while in school. It is so obvious you were never a student of economic theory or political science.

In other words, your statements are so full of inaccuracies, childish logic and self-contradictions they are not worthy of serious consideration.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

SpiroMcSpagnew wrote:
It is unfortunate you didn't pay attention while in school. It is so obvious you were never a student of economic theory or political science.

In other words, your statements are so full of inaccuracies, childish logic and self-contradictions they are not worthy of serious consideration.
No substance.
SpiroMcSpagnew

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Before you libs get all excited, it's important that you understand some basic economics.
Companies have two ways of controlling profits. Revenues and expenses. Revenues are not rising much as evidenced by the GDP growth rate. Expenses have been cut as evidenced by all the job losses. Less obvious ways of cutting expenses include cutting Research an Development. This has ramifications to profits in the out years as new efficiencies are not being researched. This rise in the market is not the result of a healthy economy, but rather an economy that is braced for trouble. They have hunkered down and are now lean, mean, money-making machines. We have many years of a low growth rate and high unemployment ahead of us.
The Dow will have to hit 15.7k to account for inflation since 2007. So don't get too excited when the Dow hits 14.2k. That being said, I hope it hits 15.7k because of legitimate growth ASAP. We will need every dollar we can get to survive Obama.
Okay, this has no substance then.
Papa John

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Companies have two ways of controlling profits. Revenues and expenses. Revenues are not rising much as evidenced by the GDP growth rate. Expenses have been cut as evidenced by all the job losses. Less obvious ways of cutting expenses include cutting Research an Development. This has ramifications to profits in
the out years as new efficiencies are not being researched. This rise in the market is not the result of a healthy economy, but rather an economy that is braced for trouble. They have hunkered down and are now lean, mean, money-making machines. We have many years of a low growth rate and high unemployment ahead of us.
The Dow will have to hit 15.7k to account for inflation since 2007. So don't get too excited when the Dow hits 14.2k. That being said, I hope it hits 15.7k because of legitimate growth ASAP. We will need every dollar we can get to survive
Obama.
Our stock dropped 40% and I blamed it on Obamacare but it was really because you started eating Pizza Hut pizza. Who would have thought one fat boy in Rolla Mo could eat so much. Come on back we have widened our chairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Rolla Forum right now

Search the Rolla Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikki Larson 1 min Justice 2
Phelps county fair 14 min what a joke 34
flipmaster 17 min 225 GANG 30
Parks ONLY tax 1 hr vote 5
rose holloway is a wanna be gangster 2 hr Yep 2
Tigre shark pool 2 hr Wisk-e 1
Democrats: what they stand for. 2 hr killa_the_compassionate 3
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Jul 21 Rodney 226
•••