Rolla Schools
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
noway
#2 Dec 15, 2012
Lets just make it a prison for our kids... So they hate school just like I hate getting on a airplane. Why not? Everyones acting like this is a war were fighting. Of course this is a tragedy but lets not over react about all this. This is extremely rare and if it does happen again statistically it will be years and years. But in this case I doubt you'll see anything like this again. And dont try saying I dont care. I would never wish that on anyone.
grammar officer

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Hi im the grammar officer
grammer idiot
#4 Dec 15, 2012
Way to put a period at the end of your sentence, capatilize I'm, or put a comma after Hi. More like grammar idiot. Hahaha
grammar officer

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2012
I'm the grammar officer. I'm allowed to make these kinda of mistakes! Get lost.
question

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Dec 15, 2012
The one wrote:
Rolla city needs to stop spending my damn tax money on The Centre and turn abouts. Secure the schools and hire a guard. And by guard I don't mean a old DARE officer or 60 year old VIPS. Lock the damn doors, metal detectors, and arms gaurs screening everybody that comes in... RMU has protective glass to protect the clerks.. Why the fu*k can you not provide a safe school environment.
City taxes and school taxes are different. Perhaps you can visit a school board meeting and suggest how the district can raise the funds needed for your suggestion. Oh, but be aware, the residents already feel they pay too much in real estate and personal property taxes; so good luck passing that through on a bond issue.
Hooper

Jefferson City, MO

#9 Dec 15, 2012
When any building doesnt allow legal concealed carry citizens, that have their permit,to have their pistols , then that business, has created a killing field for the wackos.gun control isnt the anwser, the wackos will get a gun if they want to kill, even if they have to steal one.just one retired old retired lawyers opnion.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#11 Dec 16, 2012
They can redistribute my wealth, but they can't redistribute their own?
Casual observed

Rolla, MO

#12 Dec 16, 2012
Kills goodbye
Lol

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Dec 16, 2012
Our schools do need to have safer security measures to keep our kids safe. There is nothing wrong with metal detectors or a police officer being there. I have walked into these schools here in town to go talk to teachers and no one even paid me any attention. That should never happen! It is true also that gun control won't solve the problem. The bad people will still get guns and still do their thing.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Israeli teachers are allowed to carry weapons. And guess what? The terrorists don't attack schools there because they choose easier targets.

Also, the gunman ignored the gun-free zone set up at the school. I was shocked to hear it too... The gunman disobeyed the gun-free zone law.
kashmir

Jefferson City, MO

#15 Dec 16, 2012
What is the pattern of violence or the data to conclude that all Rolla schools are vulnerable? Rolla schools are safe.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#16 Dec 16, 2012

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#17 Dec 16, 2012
kashmir wrote:
What is the pattern of violence or the data to conclude that all Rolla schools are vulnerable? Rolla schools are safe.
Ummm... Google 'school shootings'.
wow

Rolla, MO

#18 Dec 16, 2012
What the hell are metal detectors going to do. A gunman isn't going to just walk in see them and leave. The only thing metal detectors would do is make a major inconvenience with students having to take everything that contains metal off their person. Keys, binders, money, certain pencils. It's just pointless. I think the schools are fine as is.
noway
#19 Dec 16, 2012
Again the recent events that have happened are extremely rare. You will proly never see anything like it again. We can't turn our schools into a fortress that our children will hate going to. This is all just an over reaction to a horrible incident. Our schools are pretty safe so stop with the fear. You cant go thru life like that and neither should our children.
Lol

Jefferson City, MO

#20 Dec 16, 2012
You all think that our little town is so safe. Well so was theirs. I guess no one will learn until some nut job here in our town does something. No one should be allowed to just walk in a school and not be questioned to why they are there. I just walked in and went straight to my friends class. No one in that school even knows me except her. Yeah that's real safe.
kashmir

Jefferson City, MO

#21 Dec 16, 2012
Knee-jerk reactions to an extremely tiny chance of school shootings are unproductive. More children get killed while driving to school each year, so we should ban parents from putting their kids in automobiles?
noway
#22 Dec 16, 2012
So you didnt have the intent of shooting up the whole school did you? Thats what I thought, most of the population of America doesnt have the capability mentally to do something like that. One rare event of someone shooting his way into a school (notice I said shooting in, as in breaking into the school) should not make us all freak out, become all paronoid, and scared. I mean come on you obviously dont even have kids that go to school so why even make those comments. I have faith that our schools are safe and should not be turned into prison like structures that take away my kids happiness and ability to learn.

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#23 Dec 16, 2012
noway wrote:
Again the recent events that have happened are extremely rare. You will proly never see anything like it again. We can't turn our schools into a fortress that our children will hate going to. This is all just an over reaction to a horrible incident. Our schools are pretty safe so stop with the fear. You cant go thru life like that and neither should our children.
Actually it's not that rare anymore

“I'm right”

Rolla, MO

#24 Dec 16, 2012
kashmir wrote:
Knee-jerk reactions to an extremely tiny chance of school shootings are unproductive. More children get killed while driving to school each year, so we should ban parents from putting their kids in automobiles?
There is a small chance that someone can get locked in their trunk. Yet we put in an emergency latch in the trunk. Why not put some emergency guns in the principals office?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who gave drugs to Nick Stine ? 2 hr wow 20
Emma Weinbaum 8 hr Sploooge 6
sad 9 hr sadeyesalwaysare 70
Christmas Trees @ Kroger (Dec '12) Fri Sadgirl 6
Darian Ashby (Feb '12) Fri NobodyHasBlindedMe 18
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Fri lovelyred24 563
emily jones Thu Belieber 3
Best/Worst Christmas Gift for 15 year old Teen ... (Nov '11) Nov 28 dani pag 153

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages