Wealthiest and Poorest in Rolla

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brit

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 26, 2012
Can we have a list of families OR at least suggestions, opinions or factors on why there is gigantic gap between the two?
Smh

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 26, 2012
Cuz some people work their asses off their entire lives while others sit on their ass and stick their hand out for a welfare check cuz they're too f'in lazy to do anything about it.
Brit

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 26, 2012
It is amazing. Rolla has a few millionaires, a lot of people in the middle, the the guys who are dirt poor.

I am curious to know why. Sure you can be born into a poor family or rich family to start with.
wow

Warrensburg, MO

#4 Mar 26, 2012
Why would u try to embarras a family like that?? Grow up. Don't be so rude.
shorty

Belton, MO

#5 Mar 26, 2012
Brit wrote:
It is amazing. Rolla has a few millionaires, a lot of people in the middle, the the guys who are dirt poor.
I am curious to know why. Sure you can be born into a poor family or rich family to start with.
This is a silly question. There is various reasons why people are wealthier than others. The wealth gap in Rolla is relatively small for the diversity of people.
all about facts

Pleasant Hill, MO

#6 Mar 26, 2012
wow wrote:
Why would u try to embarras a family like that?? Grow up. Don't be so rude.
embarras who ??
all about facts

Pleasant Hill, MO

#7 Mar 26, 2012
Brit wrote:
Listen to Smh,,,,HEs hit the nail on tne head about 90%
wow

Warrensburg, MO

#8 Mar 26, 2012
Saying to put a family name of the poorest? Yha rude.
Senorita Wendy

Kearney, MO

#9 Mar 26, 2012
I think Kenny McCormick's family is the poorest in town. They are so poor, they can only afford to eat frozen waffles and pop-tarts for dinner. His father should start cooking meth so the family can make some money, but both parents are always so drunk or high...
seriously?

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 26, 2012
Why the hell put this on here?!! Are we serious? Who's the poorest & wealthiest? Y'all are freaking ridiculous. Half of these people commenting on this are probably druggies that can't afford anything!!!! Have a heart people who cares!!! The economy sucks anyways!! Everyone is having a hard time!! Look at America. Grow up
Brit

Rolla, MO

#11 Mar 26, 2012
I am not being rude. I wasn't exactly narrowing down to search out the poor, but find out why and what causes this divide?

Sorry of I offended anybody. I heard the richest person is this man who owns Investment Realty. In this case how did he he succeed and thousands are content and complain about $7.00 hr wages?
Brit

Rolla, MO

#12 Mar 26, 2012
[QUOTE who="seriously?"]Why the hell put this on here?!! Are we serious? Who's the poorest & wealthiest? Y'all are freaking ridiculous. Half of these people commenting on this are probably druggies that can't afford anything!!!! Have a heart people who cares!!! The economy sucks anyways!! Everyone is having a hard time!! Look at America. Grow up[/QUOTE]

Its not a stupid discussion. It's something that will hopefully make people [like you]- who may be poor to pull themselves together.
Billy the Squid

Odessa, MO

#13 Mar 26, 2012
Brit wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a stupid discussion. It's something that will hopefully make people [like you]- who may be poor to pull themselves together.
I'm not even going to dignify you with an arguement, I have a job and go to school so I don't have time for you.

I would, however, like to sum you up quickly by stating the obvious; you're an idiot.

Thanks.
face palm

Rolla, MO

#14 Mar 26, 2012
There is more than one factor that determines whether someone is wealthy

some people are lucky; some are not

some are born to wealthy families; some are not

some are smart; some are not

some work very hard; some do not

some play by the rules; some do not

some seize opportunities; some do not

some waste their time on topix; some do not
Observer

Rolla, MO

#15 Mar 26, 2012
I think probably 75% of residents in Rolla make $11 per hour or less at their jobs.
Brit

Rolla, MO

#16 Mar 26, 2012
face palm wrote:
There is more than one factor that determines whether someone is wealthy

some people are lucky; some are not

some are born to wealthy families; some are not

some are smart; some are not

some work very hard; some do not

some play by the rules; some do not

some seize opportunities; some do not

some waste their time on topix; some do not
I *Think you have it wrong.
Luck has not not got anything to do with this.
Brit

Rolla, MO

#17 Mar 26, 2012
Observer wrote:
I think probably 75% of residents in Rolla make $11 per hour or less at their jobs.
Thanks for your input.

But where would these residents work, and why only $11.

I was here when Briggs closed. We were angry.

So now my husband works at the walmart DC.

Still not enough to live in Rolla.
Hint

Kansas City, MO

#18 Mar 27, 2012
I know a couple immigrants that showed to America from a place of real oppression and poverty.........in less than 10 years they went from literally showing up with the clothes on their back to being millionaires..........their secret? Spend like a miser, live like a pauper and work like a slave......simple as that. Lots of folks want to SPEND MONEY like they are rich.......but that's not the path to wealth........its the path to credit slavery.........why are people content with $11.00 an hour? Because they are comfortable and have no ambition to do what is required to do more.......they can put in their 8 hours pay the bills and go home and watch American Idol.
happpppyyyy

United States

#19 Mar 27, 2012
You money obsessed people...and talking about poor people. Who gives a damn... Really I think happiness and doing what is right is more important. I do not need to be rich as long as I have everything I need. Im happy... My daughter is taken care of and everything is just fine. I may not have everything I want but I have everthing I need. Thank God. I would rathet be poor and happy than rich and miserable. I would rather give up a few things I want..to spend time loving my kids and my family. If I am working constantly...who is going to raise my children? The money and material things...I do not think so.
all about facts

Pleasant Hill, MO

#20 Mar 27, 2012
wow wrote:
Saying to put a family name of the poorest? Yha rude.
Where do u see a family name ????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homeless / mission vinyard church 56 min Carlos D 5
I just got out of the navy seals (Nov '17) 3 hr Seal 18
Women in politics (Jun '15) 3 hr American Mic 35
Rolla Public Library 3 hr citizenX 11
Topix 6 hr American Mic 4
JJ Moultrie 11 hr American Mic 2
Rolla Cemetery 22 hr ? 3

Rolla Jobs

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages