Mo-Hick

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

thats the best one we found. took great care of mother-in-law. know the old heritagey park in rolla still stinks like hell, don't take care of patients. rolla manor is another stink hole. they only clean up when they know the state is coming in. one in st. james also a stink hole. they all knock out people so they don't have to put up with them. only the 2 i've seen is like that
Scary to get old

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

Cuba Manor is fancier than the rest, but still unsafe. They are all awful, and the care of our eldery disabled population in this area is pitiful. My prayers are with nursing home residents in all of the facilities. If we treated our children the way our elderly are treated, we'd go to jail. But the state continues to let facilities "slide" on so many instances of low quality care.

Since: Nov 10

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Rolla Presbyterian Manor is a very nice facility who take wonderful care of their elderly population. As soon as you walk through the door you are not hit with the odor of urine or feces. I have been to Helia(formerly Heritage Park), Rolla Manor and Cuba Manor and I have to say Cuba Manor may not be the best around but it's better that the afforementioned homes...at least the stench of urine or feces is not burning your nose.
murphy

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

aacurtis72 wrote:
Rolla Presbyterian Manor is a very nice facility who take wonderful care of their elderly population. As soon as you walk through the door you are not hit with the odor of urine or feces. I have been to Helia(formerly Heritage Park), Rolla Manor and Cuba Manor and I have to say Cuba Manor may not be the best around but it's better that the afforementioned homes...at least the stench of urine or feces is not burning your nose.
Did you go through the lobby thru the double doors to the nursing home part? Stunk like a three holer outhouse when I was there. The staff was very rude and unhappy acting. I could have sworn by their expressions they were trying to tell me to "run like hell and leave the hellhole". The administration has very deceptive hiring practices, very two faced.
murphy

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

aacurtis72 wrote:
Rolla Presbyterian Manor is by far the very nicest nursing home in this area, ran by true professionals. I am proud to say I have worked there, was stupid to have quit as all the other places
are terrible. If you have a job there, keep it please.
murphy

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Scary to get old wrote:
Cuba Manor is fancier than the rest, but still unsafe. They are all awful, and the care of our eldery disabled population in this area is pitiful. My prayers are with nursing home residents in all of the facilities. If we treated our children the way our elderly are treated, we'd go to jail. But the state continues to let facilities "slide" on so many instances of low quality care.
yahoo, right on, keep educating everybody dude!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 10

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Yes I have to agree...Rolla Presby is the nicest long term care facility in the area and my husband loved working there. The staff who work there are wonderful and so nice. I have only been in the therapy gym at Cuba Manor and from what I could tell it had no odor and seemed very clean. The double doors that went to the hallway were open and I couldn't smell a thing. Now if the doors were open like that at Helia you'd be knocked out from the stench of urine and feces...probably because they don't change their residents and let them lie in their own urine and feces for hours on end. Helia has been hit several times by state and has had several citations for neglect to residents among other citations. What a shame a person has to live out their last days like that.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

I tried Cuba Manor.. and hated it. Never enuf laundry on night to even fully wash residents. So only get washed 1st and last round. There way of doin things is terrible... I mean i may b spoiled by how the VA does things, becuz i used to work there. But im a CNA that could use a good job. Hard to get on at hospital
Been there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

What seems to be forgotten is how many staff to patients there is in a nursing home. I worked in a facility that had 84 beds, with a lock down unit and a lot of bedbound people. We had 1 RN (me) at night, 1 Cna in the lockdown (up to 18 confused combative people), and 2 cna's for the remaining 66 residents. During the day we had 2 RN's, and 4 cna's. With that staffing we were expected to get people up for the day, down for naps, up for visitors, up for events, down to bed, showered, fed, walked, turned every 2 hours to prevent bed sores, and cleaned if they were incontinent. Tell me how anyone can expect us to get to all of that, while still spending hours doing skin care treatments, documentation by hand, checking skin for breakdown, dealing with the personality conflicts, people dying, admissions (which by the way take 3 hours each), discharges, and not have some times when the soiled residents outnumber the people who can get them cleaned up??
melon collie

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

if anyone has a family member in any nursing home it pays to visit frequently. The people that have family visit get better care than those who don't. I feel for anyone in a NH Visit a lot and at odd hrs and see whats going on....
idk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Rolla manor is the same lie to the family they say stuff and come to find out the doctor never said or new about it and some of them are just plain rude
Hometown Girl

Windsor, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Been there wrote:
What seems to be forgotten is how many staff to patients there is in a nursing home. I worked in a facility that had 84 beds, with a lock down unit and a lot of bedbound people. We had 1 RN (me) at night, 1 Cna in the lockdown (up to 18 confused combative people), and 2 cna's for the remaining 66 residents. During the day we had 2 RN's, and 4 cna's. With that staffing we were expected to get people up for the day, down for naps, up for visitors, up for events, down to bed, showered, fed, walked, turned every 2 hours to prevent bed sores, and cleaned if they were incontinent. Tell me how anyone can expect us to get to all of that, while still spending hours doing skin care treatments, documentation by hand, checking skin for breakdown, dealing with the personality conflicts, people dying, admissions (which by the way take 3 hours each), discharges, and not have some times when the soiled residents outnumber the people who can get them cleaned up??
So true! I worked several years as CNA and it was hard and very discouraging. We were rarely fully staffed. Usually that was when they knew State was coming. Even being staffed by State standards doesn't give enough aids for proper care of the residents. Something really needs to be done to assure our elderly are taken care of properly!
nikki

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

i had to put my husband in st. james, thought it was ok, they don't have diets for diabetics, everyone eats the same food. you ask questions, i'll get someone to see you right away. never happens. a few staff members are ok. i'm getting him transfered to rolla, and not Rolla Manor the nastyest place i've ever seen. some of the girls rip the old people off. see it first hand. had no choice to put my husband there, and i can tell you i hate it very much, he need rehab
Surprised

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

It's funny to me that you can tell who on this thread is a disgruntled employee and who is familiar with how an actual nursing home operates.
It is impossible for a SKILLED nursing facility to offer one on one care to their residents. That is not the way most nursing homes are designed to work. Also a lot has been said about Presbyterian Manor on here, and they are a Private Pay Non-Profit home, which means they donít accept Medicare/Medicaid and you have to pay a lot more, out of pocket to stay there. Also when they are non-profit, all of that income goes back into the home and the residents. Unfortunately, not every home can be so lucky. Nursing home work is a VERY tough job and you often times have to make do with what you have. The most important skill one can posses in that atmosphere is compassion. That is not something that can be taught, as well as something many more people would benefit from practicing.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Surprised wrote:
It's funny to me that you can tell who on this thread is a disgruntled employee and who is familiar with how an actual nursing home operates.
It is impossible for a SKILLED nursing facility to offer one on one care to their residents. That is not the way most nursing homes are designed to work. Also a lot has been said about Presbyterian Manor on here, and they are a Private Pay Non-Profit home, which means they don’t accept Medicare/Medicaid and you have to pay a lot more, out of pocket to stay there. Also when they are non-profit, all of that income goes back into the home and the residents. Unfortunately, not every home can be so lucky. Nursing home work is a VERY tough job and you often times have to make do with what you have. The most important skill one can posses in that atmosphere is compassion. That is not something that can be taught, as well as something many more people would benefit from practicing.
I'd hate to be in that industry. It's easy to criticize, but it's getting freaking expensive to house seniors because of the heavy burden by the state.

For those that want to complain, save up your money now so you can pay for a full-time nanny. You can't get the lobster when you are paying for the hamburger.
Bonafide Bloodfart

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd hate to be in that industry. It's easy to criticize, but it's getting freaking expensive to house seniors because of the heavy burden by the state.
For those that want to complain, save up your money now so you can pay for a full-time nanny. You can't get the lobster when you are paying for the hamburger.
You would hate to be in any industry. You have too much fun lounging at your mom's all day.
Not true

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

I know Presbytarian manor takes Medicare. The staff takes pride in their work and it doesn't smell. If anyone has an issue all they have to do is make it known and the staff fixes the problem. They care about the residents. The nurses are so caring.
ex-pres

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

You all think Presbyterian is the greatest. You have no idea until you actually work there. Betty teal treats you like a piece of shit. We work understaffed all the time and she doesn't care.
ccc

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Mo-Hick wrote:
thats the best one we found. took great care of mother-in-law. know the old heritagey park in rolla still stinks like hell, don't take care of patients. rolla manor is another stink hole. they only clean up when they know the state is coming in. one in st. james also a stink hole. they all knock out people so they don't have to put up with them. only the 2 i've seen is like that
no your wrong about rolla manor. they have really cleaned up my husband was there fo 2mon. treated him great, place is clean and smells great. i'd recommend it to anyone
ccc

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

nikki wrote:
i had to put my husband in st. james, thought it was ok, they don't have diets for diabetics, everyone eats the same food. you ask questions, i'll get someone to see you right away. never happens. a few staff members are ok. i'm getting him transfered to rolla, and not Rolla Manor the nastyest place i've ever seen. some of the girls rip the old people off. see it first hand. had no choice to put my husband there, and i can tell you i hate it very much, he need rehab
also salem nursing home is suppose to half all the equipment they need for rehab

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Rolla Forum right now

Search the Rolla Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Censorship of Pro-Fox posts 4 min Operation Dumbo Drop 1
Andrew stratman 18 min Dylan Crowder 19
Phelps county fair 57 min Buck-tooth 19
flipmaster 59 min interested 20
Parks ONLY tax 1 hr Will-it-end 1
Obamacare subsidy illegal 1 hr Big Time 6
Which business will go under next? 4 hr these nuts 7
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Mon Rodney 226
•••