Field turf on the Rolla High School f...
OhMy..

Belton, MO

#62 May 1, 2013
Dumbest thing ever! When your kid breaks his ankle or knee because turf doesn't give, just remember this is what you all wanted. Have fun with the hospital bills the high school sure as hell won't pick up..
big johnson

United States

#63 May 1, 2013
Seamus wrote:
Just cancel all the sports and use money towards making high school kids smarter. Rolla and the US needs more engineers and scientists--not football knuckleheads?
Engineers are just book smart. If everyone was an engineer or a scientist then who would correct the mistakes and build it
Carl Smith

Jasper, IN

#64 May 4, 2013
Is this why were broke?
Hahaha

Belton, MO

#65 May 5, 2013
Who is this "we" that were broke? I'm far from broke. I'm sorry if you are Carl.
geez

Rolla, MO

#66 May 18, 2013
the schools can cry and whine for money with fundraisers and making our kids endlessly sell shit to earn money for the rolla public schools, yeah it looks like they are broke with their fancy sports field.. meanwhile kids go without lunch..
Watch Dog

Jefferson City, MO

#67 May 22, 2013
Is it time for a regime change at the Rolla Schools? They seem to do what ever they want to do with our tax money. And, there's a survey out, asking for more money?
Been there

Jefferson City, MO

#68 May 22, 2013
Remember that the school board is elected by the voters and, if candidate runs to fill a spot on the board, the voters can make a change in what you call the current "regime." But before anyone puts themself forward as a candidate, they need to attend current board meetings and work sessions, then decide whether or not to run. Believe me, it's a much tougher job than most people realize.
Laughing

Rolla, MO

#69 Jun 6, 2013
Watch Dog wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you do the research, you will find that the studies go both ways on this subject.They were done by several different universties.Theres alot of turf toe injuries, never heard of grass toe.
Did you know that grass is a form of turf??
Ault

Johnstown, CO

#70 Jun 6, 2013
A school board wanted to do this, but the parents agreed that it was stupid to waste effort on this sort of thing. Misplaced priorities, since kids are in school for learning
don

Belton, MO

#71 Jun 7, 2013
Heard they are putting field turf at the adminstration building. If is going saving all the money they claim on maintenance, then all grass on school property should be field turf.
Correction

Jefferson City, MO

#72 Jun 7, 2013
don wrote:
Heard they are putting field turf at the adminstration building. If is going saving all the money they claim on maintenance, then all grass on school property should be field turf.
That's nuts! No such plan; whoever told you thtis simply wrong or a liar. Same person probably didn'tget out to vote this week, but sat in his basement thinking up stuff that would stir things up! Such people are divisive and stupid; don't listen to them.
School employee

Belton, MO

#73 Jun 8, 2013
Why should sports teams, band and p.e. classes only be allowed to use the field turf? The grass areas between the sidewalks should be convert to field turf. This would allow all students to reduce their injury risk from walking on the dangerous grass. We need field turf for all, not just the chosen few.
Watch Dog

Kearney, MO

#74 Jun 12, 2013
Let us all remember this the next time they say they need more money for capital improvements. I have a feeling it will be a hard sell.
Killer Clowns

Waynesville, MO

#75 Jul 29, 2013
The plastic colors on the field are fading and the field hasn't been used. Looks lousy. Could have done better for the price. It's too late to rip it out and reseed the field.
Is our town a bunch of suckers????
DuvalsOwn

Darby, PA

#76 Jul 30, 2013
Im glad my football and school days were back when common sense was still around, thT team will never be the same after coach miles left, im blessed to have played in the miles era.
DuvalsOwn

Darby, PA

#77 Jul 30, 2013
Miles, Masek, Stalcup, Croft, Roberts......are any of them still around?
Get a life

Rolla, MO

#78 Jul 30, 2013
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets should have an apostrophe in it. You should fix that if you feel the need to bash education.
And your apostrophe is where ?
Carl Smith

Kearney, MO

#79 Jul 30, 2013
I thought I read in the paper where it was to be used for band also, and that was how they were trying to justify the high cost. WELL the band is still playing on the track where they always have. The football field appears to be finished??We tried to jog at the track today, the band was playing there so we couldn't. What's up with that?
older guy

Rolla, MO

#80 Jul 30, 2013
Donated by gifts? What about in a few years when the repairs are needed. All that expensive repairs will be on the back of taxpayers and then they will be wanting another bond issue to pass. Why can't people see ahead. I probably will not be here then but just remember when it happens.
Rushbo

Rolla, MO

#81 Jul 31, 2013
older guy wrote:
Donated by gifts? What about in a few years when the repairs are needed. All that expensive repairs will be on the back of taxpayers and then they will be wanting another bond issue to pass. Why can't people see ahead. I probably will not be here then but just remember when it happens.
It is for the kids, not for you.

You would have the kids go to a one-room school with a dirt floor.

Thankfully, you have been out-voted. If you don't like it, go back to Arkansas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High School Equivancy Test 3 hr The_wise_one 8
Rolla Hangout (Apr '13) 4 hr The_wise_one 16
top soil 7 hr need 3
Megan from huddle house 11 hr wattsup 6
Ryan Dillon for Senate 18 hr Make your vote count 4
drug busts Wed Ihateidiots 15
Emily Buell Wed EMILY BUELL 10

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance