Field turf on the Rolla High School football field?

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Whats everyones thoughts on this subject
Nancy P

Clinton, MO

#2 Feb 7, 2013
If we can't educate them, lets entertain them.
Ummm

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Nancy P wrote:
If we can't educate them, lets entertain them.
Lets should have an apostrophe in it. You should fix that if you feel the need to bash education.
Nancy P

Clinton, MO

#4 Feb 7, 2013
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets should have an apostrophe in it. You should fix that if you feel the need to bash education.
I am for education and not field turf. Field turf has never educated anyone.
GGA

Rolla, MO

#5 Feb 7, 2013
We need an emphasis on football in school so America can continue to produce soldiers who will go to war and fight for us. Football also give big dumb boys an outlet to beat on each other without anyone getting seriously hurt. They want to fight at that age and we don't want them fighting on Kingshiway.
its good

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Field turf is the best damn thing for rolla and it would make the players awesome
Gary

Rolla, MO

#7 Feb 7, 2013
In A few years highschool football is going to be a thing of the past due to head injurys and lawsuits with the schools.
To Nancy P

Kingsville, MO

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Since the teachers I had were city people and treated us " dumb farm boys" like we we 3rd class citizens I have to say a couple things. I learned more life lessons on that football field than I ever did in a classroom. 2nd teachers already make more money than most occupations around here and they get their summers off. Maybe they should try to teach more than judge. Not all are like that but most I knew were.
Btw that stupid sport for stupid dumb boys paid for my 4 years of college. Actually got 5 years out of the scholarship because I red shirted my freshman year.
unknown

Washington, MO

#9 Feb 7, 2013
The turf field benefits the marching band as well. Guess they do not matter as well, right? They are trying to get most of the money from donors so what's the big deal? I say go for it.
on a lighter note

Alexandria, VA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
Perhaps AIR CONDITIONING in both gyms would be a better investment. More games and sports are played in there, and no one supports our basketball teams because its so overheated.
unknown

Washington, MO

#11 Feb 7, 2013
on a lighter note wrote:
Perhaps AIR CONDITIONING in both gyms would be a better investment. More games and sports are played in there, and no one supports our basketball teams because its so overheated.
I doubt that's why people are not supporting the basketball teams. If it is, then there are some lousy parents and members of the community in Rolla. Every gym in high school is the same as Rolla. No air conditioning, just the big exhaust fans. Here in St. James it's the same way and we have no problem supporting our teams. It's just as hot in a full gym but not too unbearable where we still won't go to the game.

A football field is subject to weather and gets torn up because of it. Also, events can be canceled so that the field doesn't get damaged(loss of $). Turf=less maintenance which = saving $. If they can raise the money through donors and sponsors and not from taxing, go for it! Many high schools are doing the same thing for the same reasons.
google

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2013
Hpw bout a better wrestling room, everyone knows that wrestling is a real sport that will turn these boys into men..One on one and if you lose it is your fault, thats a real mans sport.
unknown

Washington, MO

#13 Feb 8, 2013
google wrote:
Hpw bout a better wrestling room, everyone knows that wrestling is a real sport that will turn these boys into men..One on one and if you lose it is your fault, thats a real mans sport.
Wrestlers don't care where they wrestle.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Im all for it also, as long as my $2,677.47 in school taxes I paid this year doesnt go toward the cost of it.I want my money to go toward education and security,not for playing games.I hope the press can keep a close eye on it for us,to see no tax dollars are spent on it.
Seamus

Waynesville, MO

#15 Feb 9, 2013
Just cancel all the sports and use money towards making high school kids smarter. Rolla and the US needs more engineers and scientists--not football knuckleheads?
Nancy P

Clinton, MO

#16 Feb 10, 2013
To Nancy P wrote:
Since the teachers I had were city people and treated us " dumb farm boys" like we we 3rd class citizens I have to say a couple things. I learned more life lessons on that football field than I ever did in a classroom. 2nd teachers already make more money than most occupations around here and they get their summers off. Maybe they should try to teach more than judge. Not all are like that but most I knew were.
Btw that stupid sport for stupid dumb boys paid for my 4 years of college. Actually got 5 years out of the scholarship because I red shirted my freshman year.
Good for you. Did you have field turf when you played? You can play football without field turf.
Guy

Rolla, MO

#17 Feb 10, 2013
Nancy P wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. Did you have field turf when you played? You can play football without field turf.
And in a few years dont sue the school when you start to black out and u cant feel parts of your body..due to the head injurys

Location hidden

#18 Feb 10, 2013
There are studys that ,well some say field turf is safer than grass fields, but there are an equal amount of studies that say other wise. Google it and you can read the findings.It could be that the school is worried about (keeping up with the Jones'es)as one of their articles stated that Rolla was the only school in their conference that still played on grass.Poor excuse to use our hard earned tax money for.Ive been told that turf was going to be paid for by 100% donations when this all started. I sure hope that someone will be watching , and our tax money doesnt get spent for this project.Having just moved here a few years ago,im not sure how the politics all work here.
pickels

Clinton, MO

#19 Feb 10, 2013
The purpose of the turfed field was that it would be easier to maintain, football games, the band could practice on it , and the PE classes could also use it . Also I'm sure that they could use it any many more ways then that.
Wagner

Jefferson City, MO

#21 Apr 14, 2013
I hate my school for allowing this. It really shows how attentive the school board is at really making real improvements to my education. Why not reward the best teachers with bonuses? Instead, you worry about a crappy game that nobody really cares about other than spoiled players and their parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marissa Parsons 8 min just me 4
Robert bornschein 1 hr Putitoutthere 3
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 8 hr Wdc 340
Tim Potter 12 hr killa_the_compass... 58
bobby mcracken is a undercover cop! (Dec '11) 15 hr lol 19
Murder in Rolla last night ? 15 hr 5150csh 7
Leash Law 19 hr Well 2
More from around the web

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE