relationship
Rasputan

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Ok, I cant wait to see what answers I get here, so here we go. I went through a divorce a few years ago and since then my second cousin and myself who is also recently divorced have started an intimate relationship. We are both older, so its not like were gonna have babies together. We have always been friends since we were teenagers and would talk thoughout the years. Our talking isnt the reason both our marriages failed. Other reasons for that. Ive done some research and its not illegal, several famous people actually married their second cousin. None of our families know yet and we are to the point where we want to tell people so we dont have to hide it anymore. We enjoy each others company very much and I havent been so happy in decades. We both know there will be some negative feelings from the families, but being that were both in our 40's we dont feel like we need to explain ourselves. Just would like some feedback, I know this will stir up some crazy responses.
Controlled mayhem

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2012
In my opinion, no big deal. Both adults, free to decide.
Eric

United States

#4 Dec 4, 2012
Its only your moms cousins kid no biggie.
RHS Dropout

Waynesville, MO

#5 Dec 4, 2012
This is Missouri, so it's no biggee like it is in normal states.
vidaguy

Fairfax, VA

#6 Dec 4, 2012
Nobody has to live your life but u. If u all feel ok about it who else gives a crap.
RHS Dropout

Waynesville, MO

#7 Dec 4, 2012
You've got to be kidding. Aren't there standards of decency anymore. Just because it 'feels right' isn't a good excuse for immorality.
just me

Belton, MO

#8 Dec 4, 2012
There are many people that married there cousin and didn't know it but after the fact wouldn't of changed their decision. It's up to you. You families will eventually get over it.
cl

United States

#9 Dec 4, 2012
No big deal. Nothing wrong with keepin it in the family.
Follow your self

United States

#10 Dec 4, 2012
I think you and your significant other need to look into yourselves. Then into each other. After that's done, follow your minds/hearts. Others will feel/say as they choose. You guys answer to yourselves first, the rest is just noise. Life is finite, there is no promise of tomorrow much less an easy choice. I wish you both the best!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monique matos (Jun '15) 6 hr rollllllalol 63
Jordan motors are Ripoffs (Nov '14) 10 hr dan 27
Kaegann Jordan 13 hr Wassupnow 8
jesse ryce (Jan '12) 18 hr Brittany Bailey 73
Kaleb Aungerer (Jun '12) 18 hr Lol 13
8 up 22 hr dive 2
Wreck Thu in the know 11

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance