Deputy Shoots Two Men Accused of Tryi...

Deputy Shoots Two Men Accused of Trying to Run Over Two Officers During High Speed Chase Near Rolla

There are 18 comments on the KSPR story from Feb 16, 2012, titled Deputy Shoots Two Men Accused of Trying to Run Over Two Officers During High Speed Chase Near Rolla. In it, KSPR reports that:

Three law enforcement agencies are investigating an officer involved shooting following a high speed chase near Rolla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSPR.

worried

Lone Jack, MO

#1 Feb 17, 2012
I know they have a job to do but they are suposed to protect the public. where this shooting took place is in a neighborhood that is full of kids heard there was a lady with 3 kids sitting close by in a car. unless there's something they have'nt told us about these guys.did they really need to put the public in harms way.
timmy

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 17, 2012
What were they supposed to do? These jackasses had already tried to run the police over and were driving like idiots through residential areas. Did you miss the part about them hitting a mobile home? Shooting them is the logical answer. Damn shame they survived.
Lil*Lady

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 17, 2012
timmy wrote:
What were they supposed to do? These jackasses had already tried to run the police over and were driving like idiots through residential areas. Did you miss the part about them hitting a mobile home? Shooting them is the logical answer. Damn shame they survived.
I totally agree with you! If you choose the behavior, you choose the consequence! The problem with the society is that they always wanna place the blame where it shouldn't be. These cops had every right to shoot at these people & I wish they'd do it more often!

Since: Sep 11

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2012
Ok... Wow your dumb... Ok, what if instead of the officer shooting the subject he let them drive on by after trying run over the officers? Then what? You have someone speeding through these residential areas as you say with children... Cutting through yards with children.... Obviously not afraid to run over people, around children..... How would you feel if your child got run over by some guy running from the police when the police had a chance to stop the subject and decided to let him go instead.... Idiots like you can't let the police be and do there job, you always are "worried". I guess you would rather have someone on the streets that's obviously willing to kill and not to mention the illegal drugs in the car..... I'm assuming your probably as$ sore because he was probably a supplier to your drug dealer and now you can't get your daily fix.......
worried

Lone Jack, MO

#5 Feb 17, 2012
not sure i don't blame them like i said they were doing there job. as for hitting the mobil home, it might not of happened if they were they were not already shot. to the best of my knowlege when the car was found it was sitting still and had a stray shot hit a bystander and it was your family you would you have the same thoughts. the only thing i say is i now they have a hard job i would not do it. don't know if it's true but heard the driver that got flown out is dead.not bashing the police just thinking of what might of happened.i under stand what your saying and not trying to say they were wrong just thinking of what could have happened.
worried

Lone Jack, MO

#6 Feb 17, 2012
you are the fool, i was sitting less than 20 feet from this when they tried to spike strip the car. as for your thoughts about me,didn't hear how much they had and any thing over 34 grams is a feloney. so if you know how much they got caught with you must have been the person they were taking it to.
Hershey squirts

Rolla, MO

#7 Feb 17, 2012
Guess if the morons ran your kids down it would be fine but officers and deputies trying to make sure that didn't happen is not ok. Get off your ass, tupn off dr Phil and observe your kids at all times!! You never know when law enforcement might be don ter job!

Since: Sep 11

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 17, 2012
Did I say I knew how much they had? No I did not. I said they had drugs, as the article says "felony amount". And the officer shot the suspects as they rammed another police unit.... So you would rather let someone go that's trying to kill the police?...... Your a fool.
Tom Tom

Wright City, MO

#9 Feb 17, 2012
A lot of 'what ifs'.......that's why these situations are dangerous all the way around. No matter what you do, you're damned either way......that's why everyone doesn't do that job.

None of us here know what the officers knew at the time of the shooting, so we have no way of remotely rendering an intelligent opinion.

A lot of details are necessary to know if the shooting was justied, but I trust that the Highway Patrol will conduct a thorough and impartial investigation and render a determination.
Oh good grief

Sullivan, MO

#10 Feb 17, 2012
From RPD's facebook page:

Rolla Police Department
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Vehicle Pursuit/Shooting

On Thursday February 16, 2012 at approximately 4:45PM a Rolla Police officer initiated a traffic stop, on a passenger car near the 187, west bound mile marker, on Interstate 44. As the officer exited his vehicle to contact the driver, the suspects took off and a pursuit was initiated.

The pursuit turned off of Interstate 44 and headed north bound on Highway 63. Approximately 3 miles north of Rolla, the suspect's car collided with the pursuing Rolla Police Car. The pursuit continued and eventually led officers down several county roads to the east of Highway 63 until the pursuing Rolla Police Car became disabled, due to damage sustained in the previous collision. The suspect vehicle continued.

Law Enforcement Officers from the Rolla Police Department, Phelps County Sheriff's Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol began systematically searching the area that the suspect vehicle was last seen. Just a short time later, a tip from a citizen led officers to the suspect vehicle, which was found parked and occupied on Pinedale Drive, located in Whispering Pines Subdivision, just off of Highway V.

As a Rolla Police Officer and Phelps County Deputy Sheriff attempted to order two suspects out of the suspect vehicle, the suspect vehicle sped toward the Phelps County Deputy Sheriff and Rolla Police Officer who were both outside their cars, narrowly missing both officers. The suspect vehicle struck the Rolla Police Car. A Phelps County Deputy fired shots into the suspect vehicle.

Officers again gave chase and pursued the vehicle southbound on Highway V. The suspect vehicle then turned off of Highway V and entered Hy Point Trailer Park. Once inside the trailer park, the suspect vehicle left the roadway and began driving through yards until the driver eventually lost control of the vehicle and ran into the side of a mobile home.

At that point officers approached the vehicle and took two white male suspects into custody. Upon arresting the suspects, it was determined that both suspects had received gunshot wounds from the shooting which had occurred just minutes earlier in Whispering Pines Subdivision.

Both suspects were transported by EMS for medical treatment. Their condition is not known at this time. No law enforcement officers were injured during the pursuit or shooting.

A felony amount of marijuana was located inside the vehicle. The suspect's identities are not being released at this time. Currently an investigation is underway by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Phelps County Sheriff's Department and Rolla Police Department.

Chief Mark Kearse said, "I am thankful that no law enforcement officers or citizens were seriously injured today because of the acts of these two individuals. I am very proud of our Phelps County Law Enforcement Officers and the team effort that was put forth by these heroes today! It is because of the close working relationship that our area law enforcement agencies have that led to the successful apprehension of these two dangerous individuals today."

No further comments at this time. Further information will be released as the investigation continues.

The charges for which the two males were arrested are not evidence of guilt. Evidence in support of the charge must be presented before a court of competent jurisdiction whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.
rolla chick

Jefferson City, MO

#11 Feb 17, 2012
A little excitement in the town of rolla
ohyouknow

Belton, MO

#12 Feb 17, 2012
..if you mess with the law, the law is gonna mess with you.
gann davy bryant hater

Carthage, IL

#13 Feb 18, 2012
Good shoot all the dopers there!
ExcelsiorSprings

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2012
not wise to mess with the rolla cops. they all act like MP's
Shane

Siloam Springs, AR

#15 Mar 24, 2013
The man that was airlifted to the hospital by helicopter was my dad and it was not his fault. The police shouldn't of shot him. I talked to him and he did not try to run over those cops . And Timmy u can shut up, u don't think that man has kids.im glad he is still alive.
timmy

United States

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Shane wrote:
The man that was airlifted to the hospital by helicopter was my dad and it was not his fault. The police shouldn't of shot him. I talked to him and he did not try to run over those cops . And Timmy u can shut up, u don't think that man has kids.im glad he is still alive.
How was it not your dads fault? Did somebody force him to run from the cops and carry a felony amount of drugs? People like your daddy who won't live a legal life and won't take responsibility for themselves are what's wrong with this country. I hope like hell you're not like him.
Petey

Rolla, MO

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Shane wrote:
How was it not his fault? Just wondering. The deputy had every right to shoot. I wish they'd shoot more often. I guess the only thing I can say to you is be glad he wasn't another AJ Faulkner.
owner

Rolla, MO

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Shane wrote:
Do u really think a criminal is going to admit he was At fault? Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr Ed 7 min Noone 6187 27
Mr. Ed speaks Volume 3 1 hr Mr eds daddy 19
casey miles 1 hr trish 1
Dentures 3 hr Truthbomb 4
Mr ed speaks 4 hr Truthbomb 83
mr ed. 4 hr Noone 6187 15
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) 5 hr Spidey 507
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages