Unions are a waste of space.

Unions are a waste of space.

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#1 Dec 11, 2012
Unions are simply organizations to help people work less for may pay in theory. In reality, they Hostess the workers and the company. They make less because the union skims off the top and they bankrupt the company in the process.

Why do unions want to force workers to be in unions? Because the people wouldn't choose to join them on their own. Most people like to be recognized for their great works rather than the total number of hours they sat around on the job. Unions are for Democrats who are all about sucking off of others.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#2 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Unions are simply organizations to help people work less for may pay in theory. In reality, they Hostess the workers and the company. They make less because the union skims off the top and they bankrupt the company in the process.
Why do unions want to force workers to be in unions? Because the people wouldn't choose to join them on their own. Most people like to be recognized for their great works rather than the total number of hours they sat around on the job. Unions are for Democrats who are all about sucking off of others.
How would one who does not work understand a decent wage to support a family, safe working conditions, plans for grievanies, attorney's fees, fully viewed contracts in which you have input, union stewards as a liason between you and company executives,etc..

If you wish to work without a union, simply go to China and work for 75 cents and hour on a third floor in a building with locked exit doors and no fire escapes. Happy landing!

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#3 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
Unions are simply organizations to help people work less for may pay in theory. In reality, they Hostess the workers and the company. They make less because the union skims off the top and they bankrupt the company in the process.
Why do unions want to force workers to be in unions? Because the people wouldn't choose to join them on their own. Most people like to be recognized for their great works rather than the total number of hours they sat around on the job. Unions are for Democrats who are all about sucking off of others.
You might also be interested to research the MI. union defeat, although some may not want to ba a union member, the unions must also give those non-members the same benefits as members.

Does that seem fair to you? Would you consider that "sucking off others" as you stated in your post?

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#4 Dec 11, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>How would one who does not work understand a decent wage to support a family, safe working conditions, plans for grievanies, attorney's fees, fully viewed contracts in which you have input, union stewards as a liason between you and company executives,etc..

If you wish to work without a union, simply go to China and work for 75 cents and hour on a third floor in a building with locked exit doors and no fire escapes. Happy landing!
Typical union scare tactics. Most people don't work for unions and they are doing well without them. Unions force membership because they suck.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#5 Dec 11, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>You might also be interested to research the MI. union defeat, although some may not want to ba a union member, the unions must also give those non-members the same benefits as members.

Does that seem fair to you? Would you consider that "sucking off others" as you stated in your post?
I'd rather go it alone. Does it seem fair that I'd be forced into a union I don't want representing me? This used to be America with freedom of association. I choose not to associate with lazy people.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#6 Dec 11, 2012
I get paid less when I join a union. Why you ask? Because I am so valuable to an employer, they want to pay me boatloads of money to stick around. A union means I only get paid as much as some moron can negotiate on my behalf. And the scale is based more on seniority than my superior skills. If my employer screws me, I go job shopping and I bring my ubiquitous knowledge to the new job site. I'm kind of a big deal.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#7 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather go it alone. Does it seem fair that I'd be forced into a union I don't want representing me? This used to be America with freedom of association. I choose not to associate with lazy people.
Again with the governors signing, unions are still required to give those non-members the same benefits as members, so lets see how many of those "lazy" non-members turn down those benfits when they are needed. Sounds like "muchers" to me.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#8 Dec 11, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the governors signing, unions are still required to give those non-members the same benefits as members, so lets see how many of those "lazy" non-members turn down those benfits when they are needed. Sounds like "muchers" to me.
There is no reason that benefits should be shared by all. Let unions negotiate separately.
prince of peas

Rolla, MO

#9 Dec 11, 2012
killa, you live off your mom's disability check

you talk about things you know nothing about

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#10 Dec 11, 2012
prince of peas wrote:
killa, you live off your mom's disability check

you talk about things you know nothing about
That hurt my feelings.
jack

United States

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Without unions there would be ten hour work days six days a week, and businesses could pay no benefits and hire 14 year olds to work for three bucks an hour. But I'm sure big business would have given ask those things to workers out of the goodness of their hearts. Republicans actually believe that to be true.

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#12 Dec 11, 2012
jack wrote:
Without unions there would be ten hour work days six days a week, and businesses could pay no benefits and hire 14 year olds to work for three bucks an hour. But I'm sure big business would have given ask those things to workers out of the goodness of their hearts. Republicans actually believe that to be true.
That's a load of crap. If my employer did that to me, I'd go work for the competitor. That's the beauty of the free market with freedoms like freedom of association.

Why do you hate freedom?
prince of peas

Rolla, MO

#13 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a load of crap. If my employer did that to me, I'd go work for the competitor. That's the beauty of the free market with freedoms like freedom of association.
Why do you hate freedom?
why do you hate knowing what you are talking about

it is no wonder people think you are Richard Skyles because you are full of shit

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#15 Dec 11, 2012
prince of peas wrote:
<quoted text>why do you hate knowing what you are talking about

it is no wonder people think you are Richard Skyles because you are full of shit
It's no wonder nobody wants to know who you are as you write nothing of consequence.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#16 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a load of crap. If my employer did that to me, I'd go work for the competitor. That's the beauty of the free market with freedoms like freedom of association.
Why do you hate freedom?
Without unions the "competitor" would have the same working conditions! jjjjeeessscccchhh!

If you disagree just google working conditions before unions, and come to realize how we no longer have child labor, unsafe working conditions, no say in our jobs, and health benefits!

It's my opinion you need to get out into the real working world and see how hard working productive people live!

“I'm right”

Since: Oct 12

Rolla, MO

#17 Dec 11, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Without unions the "competitor" would have the same working conditions! jjjjeeessscccchhh!

If you disagree just google working conditions before unions, and come to realize how we no longer have child labor, unsafe working conditions, no say in our jobs, and health benefits!

It's my opinion you need to get out into the real working world and see how hard working productive people live!
If the competitor had the same working conditions, I would start my own competitor and steal away the best workers.

I love the free market!
Jose

Salem, MO

#18 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
If the competitor had the same working conditions, I would start my own competitor and steal away the best workers.
I love the free market!
Be thankful for the first amendment which protects your right to speak freely regardless of how foolish you are.
John

Belton, MO

#19 Dec 11, 2012
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>You might also be interested to research the MI. union defeat, although some may not want to ba a union member, the unions must also give those non-members the same benefits as members.
Does that seem fair to you? Would you consider that "sucking off others" as you stated in your post?
Unions do not give benefits from their own money. They take money from an employer and give out the benefits under union management.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#20 Dec 11, 2012
killa_the_compassionate wrote:
<quoted text>
If the competitor had the same working conditions, I would start my own competitor and steal away the best workers.
I love the free market!
Sure you would. Start your own corporation after working for a company who payed you a few cents an hour.

While you the enployee made those corporation filthy rich so they could keep you out by over spending and forcing their monopoly techniques on your efforts. Right!

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#21 Dec 11, 2012
Bloodfart wrote:
There was a time and place for unions, but not so much now. Statistics show that non-union workers make on an average of $7000 more than their union counterparts.
Look at Hostess, the bakers union didn't want what the company was offering and now 18,500 people, no jobs CB. Boy they did a good job there didn't they.
Wow GM still owes us, the tax payers, 27Billion. Chrysler is now a Italian company. Dang the unions made out good from the stimulus.
Oh and in my line of work i deal with these jackasses all the time. Pathetic.
If that to be the truth {"non-workers make on an average of $7000 more than union members"} why do you suppose they got those wages? The goodness of large corporations on their own? I think not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Crawford (crawdad) 1 hr Ugh 7
jamie dodson skinny girl drives black dodge wit... (Apr '13) 1 hr WasThereAndSeenIt 19
tim Potter just before he went missing (Aug '12) 9 hr Wow 181
william and James Bunton and female 9 hr Wow 34
watkins remodel 11 hr ong 42
Stephen Grady (May '15) 13 hr urdoodle 41
annoying barking dogs (Mar '12) 16 hr Wilson 32

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolla Mortgages