Millers Grill at Benton Square Failed Health Dept Inspection

Posted in the Rolla Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Toones

Rolla, MO

#1 Jun 23, 2011
We went to eat lunch there yesterday, but were informed of this. Anyone know why they didn't pass inspection/ when will they be open again? Seems there has been a lot of issues for any restaurant there- I know this health dept thing has happened there before but had hoped it would be different with Millers Grill??????
Sally

Rolla, MO

#2 Jun 23, 2011
see for yourself, you can go tohttp://phelpscountyhealth.co m/docs/ehs/pages/insp/insp_sea rch.cfm
Here is the report from June 9th 2011:
Critical Violations:
1. Employee personal drink in unapproved container stored with single-service items.
2. REPEAT NONCOMPLIANCE - Failure to maintain cold potentially hazardous foods at a safe cold holding temperature of 41F or lower.
3. Failure to maintain hot potentially hazardous foods at a safe hot holding temperature of 135F or higher.
4. Failure to refrigerate breading mixes after contact with raw animal foods.
5. Excessive burned-on residue buildup on interior surfaces of Imperial ovens.
6. Excessive grease and dust buildup on interior surfaces of exhaust hood.
7. The equipment, wares, utensils, food-contact surface not sanitized before each use.
8. Observed knife stored in wall mounted knife mount with dried on residual food on knife blade.
Non-Critical Violations:
1. Excessive ice accumulation observed on evaporator unit; shelving in the walk-in freezer with condensate dripping and refreezing on food product.
2. REPEAT NONCOMPLIANCE - Salad bar and main prep top cooler located in food preparation area are in disrepair and currently incapable of maintaining a safe cold hold product temperature for Potentially Hazardous Foods of 41F or lower.
3. Metal stem thermometer not properly calibrated.
4. Excessive grooves in the cutting board and is no longer easily cleanable.
5. Bulk ingredients not labeled.
6. Exterior surfaces of Imperial ovens have accumulated dirt and food debris.
7. Excessive grease and oil accumulations on bottom shelf of main prep line below clean plate storage area.
8. Limitation regarding the use of wiping cloths not met as evidenced by wiping cloths not being stored in a sanitizer solution when not in use.
9. Absence of accurate, accessible, and easily readable thermometer in refrigerated units storing potentially hazardous food.
10. Excessive residual grease and dust accumulations on pedestal fan located in food preparation area.
11. The employee handsink is blocked or inaccessible, used for purposes other than hand washing in warewashing area.
12. No towels at the employee handsink in warewashing area.
13. Incorrect temperature of wash solution in warewashing machine.
14. Absence of metal stem thermometer measuring from 0-220F for the cook's use.
15. Single service items stored on the floor.
16. Observed wait staff polishing silverware with a dry cloth without wearing gloves prior to wrapping utensils for service.
17. Establishment's plumbing not in good working order. Employee handsink drain at third floor bar is clogged.
18. No towels at the employee handsink located at the third floor bar.
19. Observed knife stored in wall mounted knife holder with a broken handle.
20. Inadequate cleaning as evidenced by insufficient sanitizer in the dish machine in the bar.
21. Observed single service items stored under main sewer lines in basement storage room.
22. Excessive dirt, grease, and sticky residual food debris on floor through out kitchen with high concentrations along side baseboards, between equipment and under equipment.
23. Observed a hole in the women's restroom located on the third floor.
24. Excessive food debris and excessivestick residues on rubber duck mats throughout kitchen.
25. Operation Manager states rubber floor mats are ran through the mechanical dish machine for cleaning. Floor mats of any kind are not to be ran through dish machine. Dish machine shall be used for purposes of cleaning and sanitizing wares, utensils and food prep equipment only.
kristy

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jun 23, 2011
WOW!!!!!
suga

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 23, 2011
Ewwwww!!!!!
skeet

Rolla, MO

#5 Jun 23, 2011
My only question is will the bar upstairs still be opened. Best bar in town in case anyone was wondering... 80's party there last weekend was awesome. It's got a great dance floor and the music isn't annoyingly loud like at Bruno's.
new employee

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2011
I was supposed to start waitressing there Monday! Now what?? Will I have a job? Or what?
just wondering

Rolla, MO

#7 Jun 23, 2011
look how many violations there were because of lazy employees. I do not hold the owner's responsible for that!!
wow

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2011
Wow I know of several places in this town that should not be open esp if the health department would just do random inspections and not give a couple days notice for the places to clean up.
WWJD

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2011
wow wrote:
Wow I know of several places in this town that should not be open esp if the health department would just do random inspections and not give a couple days notice for the places to clean up.
Agreed!
hole in the bathroom

Rolla, MO

#10 Jun 24, 2011
peepin in hell yeah
kcj

Cuba, MO

#11 Jun 24, 2011
Miller's Grill isn't open at this time. How can they fail an inspection?
Toones wrote:
We went to eat lunch there yesterday, but were informed of this. Anyone know why they didn't pass inspection/ when will they be open again? Seems there has been a lot of issues for any restaurant there- I know this health dept thing has happened there before but had hoped it would be different with Millers Grill??????
Millers Grill - GM

Rolla, MO

#12 Jun 24, 2011
Hello Rolla,
The above posting on the violations apply to previous inspection before Miller's Grill occupied the building. At this time the Missouri Department of Health has not conducted an inspection for our company but is scheduled. I believe that you can go to the Health Department's web site and verify this information.
Also, Miller's Grill takes pride in our operations and sanitation systems that are utilized in our other three locations. Anybody can visit the Health Department web sites for Texas, Franklin, and Pulaski counties and see our reputation for cleanliness.
Should anybody like to take a tour of our facilities, please feel free to come see us.
We are very excited about bringing the 'Miller's Grill way' of doing things to Rolla. Our intent is to provide the community a casual dining experience with a wonderful atmosphere, great service, and quality food in a clean and comfortable environment on a very consistent basis.
Our doors will be open on Tuesday, July 5th. Hours of operation will be 7 days a week, 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. There will still be live entertainment on Friday and Saturday Nights, and the upstairs lounge will continue to operate as it has in the past
Taxpayer

Rolla, MO

#13 Jun 24, 2011
Good job Millers. I look forward to seeing an updated health inspection and visiting once these issues have been resolved.
Amy Debrois

Bonnots Mill, MO

#14 Jun 24, 2011
I had sex in the Miller's Grill bathroom 2 months ago! It was clean then!
hole in the bathroom

Rolla, MO

#15 Jun 24, 2011
i saw it too through the hole

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#16 Jun 24, 2011
just wondering wrote:
look how many violations there were because of lazy employees. I do not hold the owner's responsible for that!!
Bottom line, it's the manager's resposibility to have these condition remedied, if it is to dimiss "lazy employees" then that also is his responsibility. So yes, it is the owners responsibility to dimiss the manager for not dismissing the lazy employees. Especially when the violations are continued.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#17 Jun 24, 2011
Millers Grill - GM wrote:
Hello Rolla,
The above posting on the violations apply to previous inspection before Miller's Grill occupied the building. At this time the Missouri Department of Health has not conducted an inspection for our company but is scheduled. I believe that you can go to the Health Department's web site and verify this information.
Also, Miller's Grill takes pride in our operations and sanitation systems that are utilized in our other three locations. Anybody can visit the Health Department web sites for Texas, Franklin, and Pulaski counties and see our reputation for cleanliness.
Should anybody like to take a tour of our facilities, please feel free to come see us.
We are very excited about bringing the 'Miller's Grill way' of doing things to Rolla. Our intent is to provide the community a casual dining experience with a wonderful atmosphere, great service, and quality food in a clean and comfortable environment on a very consistent basis.
Our doors will be open on Tuesday, July 5th. Hours of operation will be 7 days a week, 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. There will still be live entertainment on Friday and Saturday Nights, and the upstairs lounge will continue to operate as it has in the past
Thanks, I actually wish you total successful, the people of Rolla deserve a pleasurable dinning experience, especially in a beautiful building and setting.
Retarded Owners

Rolla, MO

#18 Jun 28, 2011
It is hard to take care of lazy employees and fix issues when the owners of Benton Square have no clue what they are talking about and doesn't listen to their managers.
BIG JOHN

Rolla, MO

#19 Jun 29, 2011
Iwas supposed to work there too i havent been trained yet. would i still have a job,waiting for me?
geeeezzzzz

United States

#20 Jun 29, 2011
BIG JOHN wrote:
Iwas supposed to work there too i havent been trained yet. would i still have a job,waiting for me?
I jst finished training Sunday. U may wna call n see what's up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hands up, dont shoot! 48 min hell ya 4
Stupid license plate 6 hr ariel 5
attractive woman looking to clean for christmas... 11 hr jrr 13
Thirsty Thursday 16 hr ptquailtrail 2
Have you seen this car? 16 hr kara1992 13
Blacks good job!!!! Awesome!!!! 23 hr hahahahaha 9
UPS driver Thu Peter 11
Rolla Dating
Find my Match

Rolla People Search