Self Defense - Yay or Nay?

Since: Feb 13

Rolla, MO

#101 Mar 18, 2013
Glad to see there's still some guys out there that get it. I get so tired of these people with their heads in the sand getting scared over a few people exercising a Constitutional right. I guess they think that only certain people should have rights in this country.
gunner

Jefferson City, MO

#102 Mar 18, 2013
Me want gun.
Gunar

Salem, MO

#103 Mar 18, 2013
I was in another shootout today. I have read about people going postal and the mailman came racing up to the house today so I shot him before he could get out of the jeep. He's crazy, has the steering wheel on the wrong side and stops at every mailbox.
some people

Rolla, MO

#104 Mar 18, 2013
Gunar wrote:
I was in another shootout today. I have read about people going postal and the mailman came racing up to the house today so I shot him before he could get out of the jeep. He's crazy, has the steering wheel on the wrong side and stops at every mailbox.
You joke but I'm sure there are idiots out there that think everyone is out to get them; including the post man. Craziness!

Rolla, MO

#105 Mar 19, 2013
Gunar wrote:
It's funny to see people making jokes about such a serious issue. I guess making fun of something makes it easier to ignore it.

Rolla, MO

#106 Mar 19, 2013
Had an interesting day yesterday. I was going around town running errands, and over the course of the day I had four people comment on my carrying. All of them were positive. One was an elderly lady that complimented me on the grips my pistol has, she called them, "pretty", while another was an elderly gentleman in the checkout lane that told he was a fan of the 1911 as well and that he was also carrying (he showed me his CCW permit and said he had a derringer in his coat pocket). Later, at Country Mart I was buying a loaf of bread when a couple walked behind me and the husband pointed at my hip and said, "See, honey, it's okay to do that. I keep telling you." Apparantly he wants to carry himself and she won't let him.(lol) At the same place and just a few minutes later, in the checkout lane, a guy looked at me and said he was happy to see more people carrying. It's nice to see that there are still some people around here that believe in the right to self-defense and aren't afraid to say so. I know that the majority of people here still believe in it and that there's just a few trolls that shoot down every positive idea that comes up. Some days just make me feel better, and yesterday was one of them.
Gunar

Rolla, MO

#107 Mar 19, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
Had an interesting day yesterday. I was going around town running errands, and over the course of the day I had four people comment on my carrying. All of them were positive. One was an elderly lady that complimented me on the grips my pistol has, she called them, "pretty", while another was an elderly gentleman in the checkout lane that told he was a fan of the 1911 as well and that he was also carrying (he showed me his CCW
permit and said he had a derringer in his coat pocket). Later, at Country Mart I was buying a loaf of bread when a couple walked behind me and the husband pointed at my hip and said, "See, honey, it's okay to do that. I keep telling you." Apparantly he wants to carry himself and she won't let him.(lol) At the same place and just a few minutes later, in the checkout lane, a guy
looked at me and said he was happy to see more people carrying. It's nice to see that there are still some people around here that believe in the right to self-defense and aren't afraid to say so. I know that the majority of people here still believe in it and that there's just a few trolls that shoot down every positive idea that comes up.
Some days just make me feel better, and yesterday was one of them.
Prove your statements, mine are as believable as people walking up to you and complimenting your big gun.

Rolla, MO

#108 Mar 19, 2013
Gunar wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your statements, mine are as believable as people walking up to you and complimenting your big gun.
I think I could trot out all of these people in front of you in person to prove that what I say is true, and you still wouldn't believe me. But you can think what you want. I know that it's true, I know that there are a lot more people like me around here than there are like you, and I know that that scares the hell out of you. Why, I don't know. An armed citizen is always the best kind, in my opinion. After all, when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. Or in the case of Rolla and PCSD, hours away.

Rolla, MO

#109 Mar 22, 2013
I've had this conversation before a number of times and I was wondering what the people on here think. What is your preferred carry piece? Revolver or automatic? Big bore or medium caliber with high capacity? I'll start, my preferred piece for daily carry is my Springfield 1911 in .45 ACP, but I sometimes carry my S&W 629 in .44 mag, usually loaded with .44 Specials. The S&W is also my woods gun for when I go hunting or hiking.
PS - Please be serious when you answer. If you want to troll on this one, move one. It's just a simple question.
Roger

Salem, MO

#110 Mar 22, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
I've had this conversation before a number of times and I was wondering what the people on here think. What is your preferred carry piece? Revolver or automatic? Big bore or medium caliber with high capacity? I'll start, my preferred piece for daily carry is my Springfield 1911 in .45 ACP, but I sometimes carry my S&W 629 in .44 mag, usually loaded with .44 Specials. The S&W is also my woods gun for when I go hunting or
hiking.
PS - Please be serious when you answer. If you want to troll on this one, move one. It's just a simple question.
Do you hunt with the 44?

Rolla, MO

#111 Mar 23, 2013
Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hunt with the 44?
Sometimes. Usually I carry it as a backup while I'm hog hunting or for just personal protection if I'm in an area where hogs have been seen or where I've found sign. I have a Marlin 94 rifle in .44 mag and it makes a great mate for it. I'm almost never in the woods without it.
MoKidd22

Rolla, MO

#112 Mar 23, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes. Usually I carry it as a backup while I'm hog hunting or for just personal protection if I'm in an area where hogs have been seen or where I've found sign. I have a Marlin 94 rifle in .44 mag and it makes a great mate for it. I'm almost never in the woods without it.
nuthin like strappin on my guns and eating a big plate of hawg diks

Rolla, MO

#113 Mar 26, 2013
The good news just keeps rolling in. I just found out today that the first of the schools here in Missouri that I know of has taken the step to allow teachers and staff the option to carry concealed on school grounds. Fairview Elementary in West Plains has just recently passed a motion that a few teachers, after passing a rigorous training program, are now allowed to carry concealed weapons on school grounds. This is a great step towards providing more security and peace of mind for our children and parents in wake of recent events.
http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-fairview-elementa...
MoKidd

Rolla, MO

#114 Mar 26, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
The good news just keeps rolling in. I just found out today that the first of the schools here in Missouri that I know of has taken the step to allow teachers and staff the option to carry concealed on school grounds. Fairview Elementary in West Plains has just recently passed a motion that a few teachers, after passing a rigorous training program, are now allowed to carry concealed weapons on school grounds. This is a great step towards providing more security and peace of mind for our children and parents in wake of recent events.
http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-fairview-elementa...
You already said this. We know---it gives you a stiffy.

Rolla, MO

#115 Mar 27, 2013
MoKidd wrote:
<quoted text>
You already said this. We know---it gives you a stiffy.
Just trying to keep people informed. First off, stop using my old name. Grow a pair and stand on your own two feet. Second, get your head out of the sand and start looking at all the things that are happening in the world. I mean actually LOOK, not just letting CNN and the rest of the MSM tell you to believe. Don't agree with me? Fine. I'm just asking you to actually make an effort to inform yourself.
squirt

Rolla, MO

#117 Mar 27, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to keep people informed. First off, stop using my old name. Grow a pair and stand on your own two feet. Second, get your head out of the sand and start looking at all the things that are happening in the world. I mean actually LOOK, not just letting CNN and the rest of the MSM tell you to believe. Don't agree with me? Fine. I'm just asking you to actually make an effort to inform yourself.
Looks like the snow is melting. No more yellow snow for you to eat. I guess you'll need to go back to dog-doo snowcones.

Rolla, MO

#118 Mar 27, 2013
squirt wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the snow is melting. No more yellow snow for you to eat. I guess you'll need to go back to dog-doo snowcones.
Nevermind. You're a lost cause. Have fun on that welfare check. It won't be coming for much longer.
squirt

Rolla, MO

#119 Mar 27, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevermind. You're a lost cause. Have fun on that welfare check. It won't be coming for much longer.
Are your benefits running out?

Rolla, MO

#120 Mar 28, 2013
squirt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are your benefits running out?
Nah. I don't get benefits, because the men and women of the armed forces that deserve them are the ones getting them. Makes me sad that pukes like you are living better than hard-working people like me because the lying-bastard-in-chief decided that you "deserve" to get our money in the mail. People like you are the reasons why we need our guns. Because when the gov't finally runs out of our money and handouts stop coming, the crazed lazy mobs are gonna come out screaming for everything for nothing and they won't get it.
Well

Waterloo, IA

#121 Mar 28, 2013
MoKidd22 wrote:
I have another thread here dealing with open carry of firearms and I've been getting a lot of talk about whether or not people should be allowed to carry at all or to defend themselves. I'd like to know, what are your thoughts on this issue? And please, no bashing or insulting remarks here. Let's keep this civil.
The right of self defense is a basic human right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lynda pukas? 41 min lol 2
Mike Burns 2 hr Rolla 1
Best hairdresser in Rolla. 2 hr Rolla 3
Dumb doctors 3 hr Phelps Merciful 13
Fats 4 hr Aubrey 2
kevin ahart 9 hr Houston 7
Jennifer Lewis's boy toy arrested for sodomy of... 12 hr Bevis 1

Rolla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance