Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20196 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, don't take your kids to church or to school anymore since those institutions are part of the village. Raise all of your own food and don't dare go to the grocery store to find food. Also grow your own cotton, and herd your own sheep for wool and make your own clothes. Don't drive around in a car since that was manufactored by the village, and for God sake, don't have neighbors or friends that give their advice and voice of experience for the betterment of your children. As you conservatives say, "No, it doesn't take a village". That is all Hillary Clinton socialist talk. Another piece of your conservative out of touch illusion. Try this just for one week to test your theory.
Arnold, I didn't call Hillary a socialist, but after over a week of lying about what happened in Libya, I will call her a liar. Why should I take Hillary's advice? She's done such a fine job brokering peace in the middle east. Looks like they don't want her telling them how to it takes a village to raise their children or run their countries. I know the Clintons have the "village" mentality, because Bill had a roll in the hay with every woman in their village.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20197 Sep 23, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I didn't call Hillary a socialist, but after over a week of lying about what happened in Libya, I will call her a liar. Why should I take Hillary's advice? She's done such a fine job brokering peace in the middle east. Looks like they don't want her telling them how to it takes a village to raise their children or run their countries. I know the Clintons have the "village" mentality, because Bill had a roll in the hay with every woman in their village.
You divert. Can you refute anything that I said in the previous post about the village? That is the issue at hand.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20198 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You divert. Can you refute anything that I said in the previous post about the village? That is the issue at hand.
Oh yes I can. I had my bath in a the water I carried from the creek and heated up and used the lye soap which is all natural. I just finished cooking one of the chickens we raised that I killed and plucked yesterday. Cooked it in a big ole black kettle outside over an open fire. Cooked them arsh potatoes we raised, and made stuffing out of the corn we grew and ran through the corn mill powered by water. Just before putting on clothes I made by hand from the cotton we grew and picked and we'll be having church at home. Home schooled my daughter and she's the local doctor that will be making house calls in her buggy we made pulled by a horse. Also, finished coloring my hair with henna made from the plants we raised.

Can you refute anything I just said? Plenty of people live this way.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20199 Sep 23, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I can. I had my bath in a the water I carried from the creek and heated up and used the lye soap which is all natural. I just finished cooking one of the chickens we raised that I killed and plucked yesterday. Cooked it in a big ole black kettle outside over an open fire. Cooked them arsh potatoes we raised, and made stuffing out of the corn we grew and ran through the corn mill powered by water. Just before putting on clothes I made by hand from the cotton we grew and picked and we'll be having church at home. Home schooled my daughter and she's the local doctor that will be making house calls in her buggy we made pulled by a horse. Also, finished coloring my hair with henna made from the plants we raised.
Can you refute anything I just said? Plenty of people live this way.
That's ridiculous. "Plenty of people live this way." You can't even name one. The only people who live this way are rare cases in totally isolated regions of the Appalachian mountains, even if that. We all are influened and helped on our path by the village. Even the private school that you sent your daughter to was part of the village because that is where her teachers came from. Please don't go to church today. That, afterall, is a part of the village.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20200 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ridiculous. "Plenty of people live this way." You can't even name one. The only people who live this way are rare cases in totally isolated regions of the Appalachian mountains, even if that. We all are influened and helped on our path by the village. Even the private school that you sent your daughter to was part of the village because that is where her teachers came from. Please don't go to church today. That, afterall, is a part of the village.
You asked and answered your own question. The people in the Appalachian Mountains. I told you, we'll be having church at home today and the music will be provided by the instruments we made by hand. Toodles Arnold,:) By the way, we're on web can, like on the Progresso Soup commercial. The small cans on a string are used for phone calls and the larger cans are used for web cans.

One last thing, Hillary is still a liar. Not diverting, stating a fact.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20201 Sep 23, 2012
And...for God's sake, get all the children out of church today. That is the village that is influencing them.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20202 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
And...for God's sake, get all the children out of church today. That is the village that is influencing them.
Arnold, didn't know you were anti-church now? Why always with all the scripture? If churches are influencing children with scriptures, what's your problem? You attempt to do the same.

Arnold, you know I was joking with you in the above posts. My mom wasn't highly educated but she had a lot of wisdom. She used to tell me, "you'll find out later on down the road at the end of the day, the only person that's going to look after Bacon is Bacon." She's right. When push comes to shove and it will, nobody but Bacon is going to look after Bacon. It'll be every man for himself and God for us all.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20203 Sep 23, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked and answered your own question. The people in the Appalachian Mountains. I told you, we'll be having church at home today and the music will be provided by the instruments we made by hand. Toodles Arnold,:) By the way, we're on web can, like on the Progresso Soup commercial. The small cans on a string are used for phone calls and the larger cans are used for web cans.
One last thing, Hillary is still a liar. Not diverting, stating a fact.
And of the very small percentage of people who live this way in Appalachiacia, you still can't name anyone you personally know, so your theory is shot. You don't attend church at home, you attend in the village, and take the words of the village preacher as being gospel. Go ahead and admit defeat. It, in fact, does take a village. Very, very few in our society live in isolation. Can you name me one person who does? No, you can't.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20204 Sep 23, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, didn't know you were anti-church now? Why always with all the scripture? If churches are influencing children with scriptures, what's your problem? You attempt to do the same.
Arnold, you know I was joking with you in the above posts. My mom wasn't highly educated but she had a lot of wisdom. She used to tell me, "you'll find out later on down the road at the end of the day, the only person that's going to look after Bacon is Bacon." She's right. When push comes to shove and it will, nobody but Bacon is going to look after Bacon. It'll be every man for himself and God for us all.
Don't even try to go there with the "anti church" business. I said nothing whatsoever that was anti church , anti religion, or anti scripture. You are trying to twist words into "facts" like truth used to do. You only resort to this tactic when you lose the discusssion, which obviously you have.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20205 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
And of the very small percentage of people who live this way in Appalachiacia, you still can't name anyone you personally know, so your theory is shot. You don't attend church at home, you attend in the village, and take the words of the village preacher as being gospel. Go ahead and admit defeat. It, in fact, does take a village. Very, very few in our society live in isolation. Can you name me one person who does? No, you can't.
Arnold, I could make up a name of a person and you wouldn't know if they were real. Why does giving you a name matter? I could say John Smith and you wouldn't know because he's in isolation, no phone number etc for you to verify. There are actually people who live off the grid and they're not only in the Appalachian Mountains. I'm not admitting defeat because you haven't proven your point.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20206 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try to go there with the "anti church" business. I said nothing whatsoever that was anti church , anti religion, or anti scripture. You are trying to twist words into "facts" like truth used to do. You only resort to this tactic when you lose the discusssion, which obviously you have.
These are your words:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:

And...for God's sake, get all the children out of church today. That is the village that is influencing them.

Would you say the same thing about school?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20207 Sep 23, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
These are your words:
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
And...for God's sake, get all the children out of church today. That is the village that is influencing them.
Would you say the same thing about school?
You are not that dense, but now that is in question. Since you don't believe that the village has any role in the development of children, I was telling you to "get all the childrene out of church". I happen to believe that the village church plays a major role in their development. You do understand sarcasm, don't you? No, I would not say the same about schools. I have taught those who came to school after being home schooled for 8 years. You don't want to have the experience of trying to get them caught up to grade level. It's sad that their unqualified parents subjected them to home school. They have, for the most part, hindered their child's educational development. They needed the village, but the parent hindered them in this important area of life.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20208 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bush invade Iraq to stimulate the economy?
In my opinion, there are many reasons why we are in Iraq.
1) The powers that be realize that in order to create a one world govt, you must have stability in the Middle East and they must be on board as major players since they control most of the oil. A democracy must be created so the powers that be could control the region which would make it much simpler than dealing with a dictator, as we found out through the 70's/80's. Moving them from a dictatorship to democracy wasn't going to be voluntary so action had to be taken.
2) Bush was very eager to take out Saddam as revenge for Saddam putting a target on Bush Sr.'s back.
3) Yes, our economy was starting to decline because of the drop from the "dot com" boom and it was these two wars that helped keep the numbers up.......until the housing bubble burst in which you can thank a liberal for.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20209 Sep 23, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not that dense, but now that is in question. Since you don't believe that the village has any role in the development of children, I was telling you to "get all the childrene out of church". I happen to believe that the village church plays a major role in their development. You do understand sarcasm, don't you? No, I would not say the same about schools. I have taught those who came to school after being home schooled for 8 years. You don't want to have the experience of trying to get them caught up to grade level. It's sad that their unqualified parents subjected them to home school. They have, for the most part, hindered their child's educational development. They needed the village, but the parent hindered them in this important area of life.
Where is your link to prove these statements? This is obviously your opinon from your side of the desk as a govt teacher. From everything I've read, home schoolers, like private schoolers, are well ahead of govt schools when it comes to testing at grade levels.
I know first hand that when children come from govt schools to the private school my children attend, they're almost always put back a grade because they're so far behind their peers.
TSF

Elm City, NC

#20210 Sep 23, 2012
The economy has never been so good--- for the rich and big business. It is horrible for the unemployed, the under employed and small business.
So what is Twitt's plan to create jobs and get the unemployed back to work? Twitt's words: My job is not to worry about those folks".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20211 Sep 23, 2012
TSF wrote:
The economy has never been so good--- for the rich and big business. It is horrible for the unemployed, the under employed and small business.
So what is Twitt's plan to create jobs and get the unemployed back to work? Twitt's words: My job is not to worry about those folks".
You can thank Obama for the economy. Every plan he's had has failed!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20212 Sep 23, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Where is your link to prove these statements? This is obviously your opinon from your side of the desk as a govt teacher. From everything I've read, home schoolers, like private schoolers, are well ahead of govt schools when it comes to testing at grade levels.
I know first hand that when children come from govt schools to the private school my children attend, they're almost always put back a grade because they're so far behind their peers.
I am relating my experience. Since you don't teach in a government school you would know absolutely nothing of what I am talking about in regard to home schooling because you have never personally dealt with any of these kids. Why don't you provide a link? I teach Exceptional Children. How do you expect home schooling parents with a child with disabilities to know how to work with this child and the strategies used to produce the maximum results? They don't. Learning disabilities, ADHD...the parents know nothing about this except what they have read on line and cannot effectively carry out the procedures. Private Schools? Great. Send your kids. Your choice.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20213 Sep 23, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> In my opinion, there are many reasons why we are in Iraq.
1) The powers that be realize that in order to create a one world govt, you must have stability in the Middle East and they must be on board as major players since they control most of the oil. A democracy must be created so the powers that be could control the region which would make it much simpler than dealing with a dictator, as we found out through the 70's/80's. Moving them from a dictatorship to democracy wasn't going to be voluntary so action had to be taken.
2) Bush was very eager to take out Saddam as revenge for Saddam putting a target on Bush Sr.'s back.
3) Yes, our economy was starting to decline because of the drop from the "dot com" boom and it was these two wars that helped keep the numbers up.......until the housing bubble burst in which you can thank a liberal for.
So, 3000 American soldiers died and countless others have life long disabilities because someone made a thread to Daddy? Not to mention the cost of billions that have been added to the deficit?How pitiful. Very Republican logic.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20214 Sep 23, 2012
"threat"

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20215 Sep 23, 2012
Thanks, Mr. Bush. I am sure that all of the 3000 families appreciate the fact that their family member died over an idle threat to your father, and also the sacrifice they made to boost the economy after the .com years. Good ole Republican policies at work. It's mandatory that you be born, but it our decision to kill you when it is conveinient for us to protect our monetary interests. Sanctity of life, my ass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breakfast? (Mar '14) Dec '15 Yankees Be Gone 3
Amy Shirley? (Jun '12) Oct '15 guest 56
News GA woman arrested in bizarre NC gang-related ki... Oct '15 Spotted Girl 5
News Police have identified the body of man that was... (Apr '09) Sep '15 wooten 7
Line Dance at Rolesville Community Centet (Jan '15) Mar '15 Keep Moving for f... 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Marilyn Avila as State Repres... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Herbiepe 1
Robert Ziegler (con man) (Aug '12) Aug '12 con man alert 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rolesville Mortgages