Rogersville mom accused of 'shooting ...

Rogersville mom accused of 'shooting up' son's medication

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Not all who wander r lost”

Since: May 08

Boone Docks TN

#1 Aug 30, 2009
http://timesnews.net/article.php...

Rogersville mom accused of 'shooting up' son's medication; another woman charged in unrelated incident

ROGERSVILLE — Two Hawkins County mothers were arrested last week in separate incidents for allegedly being intoxicated in the presence of their small children, including one mom accused of “shooting up” her child’s medication.
Last Wednesday evening the HCSO was dispatched to a call of a possible overdose at 228 Ebbing and Flowing Springs Road, near Rogersville.
The suspect’s mother told the responding deputy that her daughter, Serena Joyel Bishop, 33, 232 Ebbing and Flowing Road, Rogersville, had gone to take a shower, and Serena’s daughter had seen a syringe on the floor in the bathroom.
“Mrs. Serena Bishop was sitting on the commode holding a towel,” responding Deputy Michael Hensley stated in his report.“I asked Mrs. Bishop if everything was OK and she said yes, she was cleaning up some water she had spilled on the floor. I then asked if she knew anything about the syringe that was on the floor and she replied no.”
Hensley stated that he searched Bishop’s purse with consent and found the syringe, as well as an unlabeled medicine bottle containing seven 30 mg Metadate capsules — three of which had been opened and emptied.
Hensley later determined that Bishop’s son was prescribed the Metadate to treat a disability. A further search allegedly revealed a spoon with white residue in Bishop’s possession.
She was charged with child endangerment and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In an unrelated incident, Nicole LeDawn Manis, 34, 271 Manis Road, Rogersville, was charged with child abuse/neglect Tuesday night after deputies responded to a complaint made by the father of her two children, aged 9 and 19 months.
Stewart Manis called the HCSO and stated his 9-year-old daughter called and indicated to him something was wrong with Mrs. Manis.
Deputy Don Mitchell stated that upon his arrival he saw the father Stewart Manis, with Nichole Manis, standing in the yard, and that both children were in the truck.
She reportedly stated she’d been home with the children all evening.
Mitchell stated that Nichole Manis’ speech was slurred and rambling and she was unsteady on her feet, and ultimately she agreed with Mitchell that she was not in condition to care for the two children.
The children were placed in the custody of their father, and Nichole Manis was arrested.
ppq

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2009
Was ladawn president of jrp's pta last year?
ppq

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2009
what is Metadate?

Boone Docks TN

#4 Aug 30, 2009
ppq wrote:
what is Metadate?
Medication for ADHD....Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

“See hear now”

Since: Nov 08

Rogvegas

#5 Aug 30, 2009
I had to look it up too. It's like Ritalin, used for ADHD.

http://adhd.emedtv.com/metadate-cd/metadate-a...

Grind it up and snort it and it gives a buzz like Cocaine. Sounds like she was injecting it. That can't be safe.

“See hear now”

Rogvegas

#6 Aug 30, 2009
Also, the spoon indicates she was trying to make a crack form of it to smoke.

You can read up on methods people are using uppers here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine
OMG

United States

#7 Aug 30, 2009
ppq wrote:
Yes, that is the same woman. That blew my mind.

“See hear now”

Rogvegas

#8 Aug 30, 2009
That's very interesting.

To be clear, she was just inebriated in her backyard, which is not a serious as the other woman in the article who it sounds like was shooting up homemade hillbilly crack in front of the kids.
FACTS STRAIGHT

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2009
ppq wrote:
She was involved with the PTO at JRP 2 years ago, not last year.
OMG

United States

#10 Aug 31, 2009
Ok, thanks for setting that straight. She was a sweet girl and I am surprised by this. I hope whatever issues she has, she gets help. Her family is very important to her. We all make mistakes and hopefully she can rise above this.
friend

Knoxville, TN

#11 Aug 31, 2009
I think the Manis family needs prayers, not gossip that this stupid sight brings on. That is a good family that just let a bunch of crap get out of hand, looks like. Those kids are loved by that whole family, they're good parents that just have an issue or two. Just pray for them.
Religulous

AOL

#12 Aug 31, 2009
friend wrote:
I think the Manis family needs prayers, not gossip that this stupid sight brings on. That is a good family that just let a bunch of crap get out of hand, looks like. Those kids are loved by that whole family, they're good parents that just have an issue or two. Just pray for them.
NO.

I'm tired of people claiming it's "just an issue".

I'm tired of people in this town empowering drug addicts and theives with excuses.

I'm tired of Judge Brand sitting on his overpaid ass re-releasing people into the community that pose a threat to others.

From another thread:

Among the other indictments handed down last week were:

• Christy Michelle Hammond, 33, 875 Mountain View Road, Rogersville, for violation of the habitual motor offender act.

• Rusty Allen Crabtree, 21, 137 Terrace View Drive, Rogersville, for aggravated burglary, theft over $1,000, delivery of counterfeit controlled substances and tampering with evidence.

• James A. Foster, 21, 309 N. Rogers St., Rogersville, for aggravated burglary and theft under $500.

• Kristen Ann Mahoney, 26, 1631 E. Main St., Rogersville, for aggravated burglary and theft over $1,000.

• Jeremy Shawn Laster, 26, 1631 E. Main St., Rogersville, for aggravated burglary, theft over $1,000, casual exchange of marijuana and possession of oxycodone with intent to deliver.

• Wesley James Hough, 21, 2007 Walter Drive, Bulls Gap, for promotion of manufacturing meth.

• Jill Elaine Glatt, 32, 165 Pinhook Road, Rogersville, for delivery of a counterfeit substance.

• Larry Dale Jones, 31, 114 Ferry Road, Lot 2, Surgoinsville, for delivery of dihydrocodeinone and possession of alprazolam with intent to deliver.

• Jonathan Measho, 25, 3408 Manderly Drive, Kingsport, for possession of cocaine with intent to deliver.

• Terry Lee Lawson, 35, 103 Marry Trent Road, Sneedville, for possession of morphine with intent to deliver and possession of diazepam with intent to deliver.

• Tammy Lynn Shelters, 30, 114 Ferry Road, Lot 2, Surgoinsville, for delivery of dihydrocodeinone and possession of alprazolam with intent to deliver.

• Junior L. Roberts, 24, 833 Petersburg Road, Rogersville, for delivery of oxycodone.

• Michael Raymond Forgety, 50, 408 Market St., Rogersville, for DUI third offense, possession of misbranded drugs and failure to stop at a stop sign.

• Cody Tanner Estepp, 19, 209 Ross Circle, Rogersville, for forgery.

What's it going to take for people in this town to wake the hell up?

People are afraid of the "alcohol boogeyman" and yet they continue to turn a blind eye to the drugs that are ravaging this town.

We have a problem that has overwhelmed a Sheriff's Dept that, to be honest, doesn't have the resources they need to eliminate this problem.Especially when a majority of the manufacture and dealing is outside city limits.

And each week, the list gets worse. More and more people are surprised it's someone they know. And each week, it's the same solution that isn't working...prayer.

We're losing this town because of years of inaction and excuses.

Don't worry tough, while everything is going to hell in a handbasket and our youth is confronted with more drugs and less opportunity, people will be praying, or is it preying?

Boone Docks TN

#13 Aug 31, 2009
Now don't you be talking about those people! It was just a bad mishap. It won't happen again, well maybe one more time....nah...maybe two, well it was pretty good..so maybe three. But it'll all be a slip up....just a mistake.:)

Anyway...I agree with you. Excuses, excuses, excuses...we use them everyday......excuses, excuses, excuses all along life's way.

Boone Docks TN

#14 Aug 31, 2009
btw...that post was for "Religious" or whatever the name is. Their post has disappeared on my screen...lol

“a/k/a lostathome..Aint skeered”

Since: Aug 09

druggie ville

#15 Aug 31, 2009
Religulous wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
I'm tired of people claiming it's "just an issue".
I'm tired of people in this town empowering drug addicts and theives with excuses.
I'm tired of Judge Brand sitting on his overpaid ass re-releasing people into the community that pose a threat to others.
From another thread:
Among the other indictments handed down last week were:
• Christy Michelle Hammond, 33, 875 Mountain View Road, Rogersville, for violation of the habitual motor offender act.
• Rusty Allen Crabtree, 21, 137 Terrace View Drive, Rogersville, for aggravated burglary, theft over $1,000, delivery of counterfeit controlled substances and tampering with evidence.
• James A. Foster, 21, 309 N. Rogers St., Rogersville, for aggravated burglary and theft under $500.
• Kristen Ann Mahoney, 26, 1631 E. Main St., Rogersville, for aggravated burglary and theft over $1,000.
• Jeremy Shawn Laster, 26, 1631 E. Main St., Rogersville, for aggravated burglary, theft over $1,000, casual exchange of marijuana and possession of oxycodone with intent to deliver.
• Wesley James Hough, 21, 2007 Walter Drive, Bulls Gap, for promotion of manufacturing meth.
• Jill Elaine Glatt, 32, 165 Pinhook Road, Rogersville, for delivery of a counterfeit substance.
• Larry Dale Jones, 31, 114 Ferry Road, Lot 2, Surgoinsville, for delivery of dihydrocodeinone and possession of alprazolam with intent to deliver.
• Jonathan Measho, 25, 3408 Manderly Drive, Kingsport, for possession of cocaine with intent to deliver.
• Terry Lee Lawson, 35, 103 Marry Trent Road, Sneedville, for possession of morphine with intent to deliver and possession of diazepam with intent to deliver.
• Tammy Lynn Shelters, 30, 114 Ferry Road, Lot 2, Surgoinsville, for delivery of dihydrocodeinone and possession of alprazolam with intent to deliver.
• Junior L. Roberts, 24, 833 Petersburg Road, Rogersville, for delivery of oxycodone.
• Michael Raymond Forgety, 50, 408 Market St., Rogersville, for DUI third offense, possession of misbranded drugs and failure to stop at a stop sign.
• Cody Tanner Estepp, 19, 209 Ross Circle, Rogersville, for forgery.
What's it going to take for people in this town to wake the hell up?
People are afraid of the "alcohol boogeyman" and yet they continue to turn a blind eye to the drugs that are ravaging this town.
We have a problem that has overwhelmed a Sheriff's Dept that, to be honest, doesn't have the resources they need to eliminate this problem.Especially when a majority of the manufacture and dealing is outside city limits.
And each week, the list gets worse. More and more people are surprised it's someone they know. And each week, it's the same solution that isn't working...prayer.
Don't worry tough, while everything is going to hell in a handbasket and our youth is confronted with more drugs and less opportunity, people will be praying, or is it preying?
Hey,slap em on the ass and turn em out to do the same thing again. Wonderful justice system,huh?
creekman

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2009
Rogersville "enough said".
Mwaha

Knoxville, TN

#18 Aug 31, 2009
0B5ERVER wrote:
Also, the spoon indicates she was trying to make a crack form of it to smoke.
You can read up on methods people are using uppers here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine
When you put cocaine in a spoon, put water, and some baking soda in it, and heat it up - THAT makes crack. What she was doing was emptying the capsules into the spoon, smashing them up, adding vinegar or lemon juice, maybe heating it up, putting a piece of cigarette filter in it, and putting the needle in the filter and pulling the liquid into the needle to shoot it up. It doesn't mean she was smoking it, and you can't get crack from a pilll. She was shooting it up.
OMG

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2009
Mwaha wrote:
<quoted text>
When you put cocaine in a spoon, put water, and some baking soda in it, and heat it up - THAT makes crack. What she was doing was emptying the capsules into the spoon, smashing them up, adding vinegar or lemon juice, maybe heating it up, putting a piece of cigarette filter in it, and putting the needle in the filter and pulling the liquid into the needle to shoot it up. It doesn't mean she was smoking it, and you can't get crack from a pilll. She was shooting it up.
I can understand why someone would take a pill and get a buzz, however I don't agree with it. When you take a pill orally, you at least have some control over it because of the time release. If you snort or shoot up, you are just playing with your life. It baffles me that someone, especially a mother would do this. Religulous, your post was accurate. We act like alcohol is straight from hades but all these drug addicts get sympathy. It is disgusting how this town is warped. I would much rather see a mother, chilling out with her friends and having a glass of wine as opposed to being a pillwhore.
real prayer

Maryville, TN

#20 Aug 31, 2009
Religulous wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
And each week, it's the same solution that isn't working...prayer.
Most of this comment I agree with, however not all of it. Real prayer changes things. The Bible tells us "If my people who are called by my name WILL TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS and HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND PRAY, then I will hear from heaven and I will HEAL THEIR LAND" If we have sin in our own life and expect God to hear us pray for the drug situation in our community then we are wasting our time. If we do what this scripture says then we can see a change.
think

Greenback, TN

#21 Aug 31, 2009
real prayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of this comment I agree with, however not all of it. Real prayer changes things. The Bible tells us "If my people who are called by my name WILL TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS and HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND PRAY, then I will hear from heaven and I will HEAL THEIR LAND" If we have sin in our own life and expect God to hear us pray for the drug situation in our community then we are wasting our time. If we do what this scripture says then we can see a change.
oh,for god's sake,shut up!!! why do people have to beg for god to do something. he sounds like a spoiled child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst place to eat in town...? 11 min Not much of a choice 10
Mother put a kid out of the house 8years old 1 hr Sarah Jean Kotnik 4
2018 election information 3 hr FYI 1
Hawkins County BOE 2018 Legislative Agenda 4 hr FYI 4
any of yall knew susan goforth? or any of the o... 4 hr Probly 2
Who has the flu 5 hr Germs 3
Trump holds, Shumer folds 5 hr Kingfish 3
No one would say anything to dr. Calendine face 6 hr Bill 51
Rogersville is going to be famous in March 6 hr The rogersville r... 9

Rogersville Jobs