October County Commission Meeting Res...

October County Commission Meeting Resolution

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Oct 27, 2013
http://www.hawkinscountyclerk.com/sites/hawki...

I sure hope someone proofreads resolutions before they are voted onů..
my opinion

Ringgold, GA

#2 Oct 27, 2013
Hope they don't pass the resolution about the budget year. It's just being introduced because the county court clerk couldn't get her way in previous meetings.
Taxpayer and Voter

Ringgold, GA

#3 Oct 28, 2013
It's time for someone else to do the resolutions.

Location hidden

#4 Oct 28, 2013
Interesting meeting today...

The resolution I had concerns about got changed and then changed again...but the routine TOSHA/OSHA resolution which only updated names (out of date by at least 4 years...) resulted in much discussion, debate, call for question, points of order, etc. etc. and lasted for about 45 minutes.

In addition, the personal animosity of one commissioner toward at least one of the new names came to the forefront.

Thank you to the commissioners who voted approval on the routine TOSHA/OSHA resolution. To the others...be careful...I don't think you want people to feel that a responsible and accountable employee needs to be friends with you, always agree with you and always does what you want in order to maintain their employment.

In my opinion, threats and personal attacks by a sitting member of the commission directed to an employee or member of the public are unprofessional, childish, and an indication of a "bully" characteristic.

Who knows...I wouldn't put it past the commissioner in question to call the employer of any individual who questions him, in order to have the employment of that individual terminated...:)
Local

Johnson City, TN

#5 Oct 28, 2013
Wow!
spike

United States

#6 Oct 29, 2013
Tim Carwile wrote:
The resolution I had concerns about got changed and then changed again...but the routine TOSHA/OSHA resolution which only updated names (out of date by at least 4 years...) resulted in much discussion, debate, call for question, points of order, etc. etc. and lasted for about 45 minutes.
In addition, the personal animosity of one commissioner toward at least one of the new names came to the forefront.
Thank you to the commissioners who voted approval on the routine TOSHA/OSHA resolution. To the others...be careful...I don't think you want people to feel that a responsible and accountable employee needs to be friends with you, always agree with you and always does what you want in order to maintain their employment.
In my opinion, threats and personal attacks by a sitting member of the commission directed to an employee or member of the public are unprofessional, childish, and an indication of a "bully" characteristic.
Who knows...I wouldn't put it past the commissioner in question to call the employer of any individual who questions him, in order to have the employment of that individual terminated...:)
You tell em "landslide"
Scoop

Sevierville, TN

#7 Oct 29, 2013
Tim Carwile wrote:
A commissioner trying to "get" somebody? Surely not one of our elected officials?
The Truth Hurts

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 29, 2013
spike wrote:
<quoted text>You tell em "landslide"
"Landslide" as you call him would have been a terrible elected official! Hawkins County would never be able to handle straight-forward and to the point truthfulness, regardless of the question and the answer. Majority of the decisions have been made (on our behalf) prior to a resolution every getting to the meeting room. Plus, holding people accountable would never fly either. Seems he would never be, just what the doctor ordered.
Willy

United States

#9 Oct 29, 2013
We need to get rid of most of our county commissioners, especially the Jay Taylor 11. Also our county attorney neglected his duty by not warning the entire commission about the likely consequences of appointing Taylor judge and he should be fired. It was obvious to anyone who reads the newspaper or watches the news that Taylor was a crook. And anyone who works for the county should be voted out and the county Mayor too.
The Truth Hurts

Johnson City, TN

#10 Oct 29, 2013
Where does Taylor currently reside?? Or, for those of you that demand political correctness and correct spelling, need a separate "topic" for this subject??? Its been a very quiet subject for quite some time. I hate to bring up sore question!!
Willy

United States

#11 Oct 29, 2013
The Truth Hurts wrote:
Where does Taylor currently reside?? Or, for those of you that demand political correctness and correct spelling, need a separate "topic" for this subject??? Its been a very quiet subject for quite some time. I hate to bring up sore question!!
I mentioned the Taylor affair as an example of what I consider to be the inept leadership we have with the county commission and mayor. There are many more examples in other branches of the county government such as law enforcement. Need I say more?
Local

Johnson City, TN

#12 Oct 29, 2013
"Where does Taylor currently reside?"

He is still in prison.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 30, 2013
Good article in the weekend Rogersville Review. Accurate details of what transpired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberals Have Destroyed Sweden 10 min j reb 2
Animal Shelter 2 hr Grandma 5
School Board 2 hr Too Funny 28
Car at old Card Plant 2 hr old onion farmer 5
Tonya Roller (Aug '10) 3 hr Bob Inline 10
temporary @ Dodge plant in Rogersville TN 4 hr Big wheel 19
Who Will the Democrats Nominate in 2020 6 hr Its Morning in Am... 12
Last year missing funds at Water Department Sun Bank Watch 52

Rogersville Jobs

Personal Finance