Just which 47 percent of Americans w...

Just which 47 percent of Americans was Mitt Romney was talking about?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tax Refund

Columbia, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2012
We got a child credit on my tax refund was mitt talk about us to?
Obama 2012

AOL

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Yep, mostly people in Republican states; seniors living on Social Security, retired members of the military, as well as poor families who after paying for payroll, state and local taxes, just don't make enough to owe federal taxes. Notice Mitt never said a word about corporations who use Swiss bank accounts and tax loop holes in order to pay no taxes.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation....

http://factcheck.org/2012/09/dependency-and-r...
This is Wrong

Columbia, TN

#3 Sep 20, 2012
who will vote for him if thinks people who get there tax refund back are deadbeats i didn't not do anything wrong.
wake up

Summerville, GA

#4 Sep 20, 2012
If you hadn't smelled the roses before that comment, I hope you have by now.

Did you think that if you didn't get a tax refund then he would respect you? HAHA!People who get EDUCATION CREDITS are in that 47%.

Unless you're making hundreds of thousands (if not millions) per year then he doesn't give a FUK about you.

That's just the plain, simple truth.
This is Wrong

Columbia, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2012
ill not vote for him that for sure i pay taxs i hate to know my money would pay for his salary for him being president and him think i am just a deadbeat.
Romney Food Stamps

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Sep 20, 2012
A great editorial comment on the "entitlement mentality" of businesses and business owners.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-septemb...

Mitt Romney reported a 2010 income of $21.6 million. He was taxed $3 million, or a rate of 13.9%.

Without the preferential investor tax breaks, he would have been responsible for $7.56 million in taxes.

So Romney was SUBSIDIZED by the US government to the tune of $4.56 million.

That is an amount that would have kept Romney on Food Stamps until the year 4870.

So who is the real moocher?

When they succeed, its because "they built it"

When they fail, its because the government ruined it.

If they get a break, they deserved it.

If you get a break, its a handout.
Yep

Sevierville, TN

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Your president did not even know what was happening in the killing of 4 Americans on 9/11 !!!! Did not know --or knew and did not care, but the official statement issued was totally false. Siding with the people that hate America because he shares their sentiments is what he is about. Need to look at the big picture. This country's physical safety and economic safety is in the balance. No need to worry about a check because in another few years like we have now with the national debt growing millions every single day there won't be a check - for anyone.
Meh

Ringgold, GA

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Yep wrote:
Your president did not even know what was happening in the killing of 4 Americans on 9/11 !!!! Did not know --or knew and did not care, but the official statement issued was totally false. Siding with the people that hate America because he shares their sentiments is what he is about. Need to look at the big picture. This country's physical safety and economic safety is in the balance. No need to worry about a check because in another few years like we have now with the national debt growing millions every single day there won't be a check - for anyone.
Did not know you say?

Would it have been better if he HAD KNOWN yet did nothing like George W Bush on the real 9/11?
Romney Food Stamps

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Yep wrote:
This country's physical safety and economic safety is in the balance. No need to worry about a check because in another few years like we have now with the national debt growing millions every single day there won't be a check - for anyone.
Thank you, for working tirelessly on making sure Mitt Romney coughs up that $4.56 million he doesn't need for food stamps to keep Financial Armageddon at bay.
justaskin

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 20, 2012
The truth hurts doesn't it....? Why should I have to pay taxes and the other man don't? I understand senior citizens that have worked all their lives, but the DEADBEATS now that are sitting around drawing and can work!!??? WTH!
poorboy

Columbia, TN

#11 Sep 20, 2012
you must part of the 100%-47 DEADBEATS - 2% rich people= 51 corporations are people?
Chill Hes Got This

AOL

#12 Sep 20, 2012
Yep wrote:
Your president did not even know what was happening in the killing of 4 Americans on 9/11 !!!! Did not know --or knew and did not care, but the official statement issued was totally false. Siding with the people that hate America because he shares their sentiments is what he is about. Need to look at the big picture. This country's physical safety and economic safety is in the balance. No need to worry about a check because in another few years like we have now with the national debt growing millions every single day there won't be a check - for anyone.
Take your blood pressure medicine and stop believing the lies of the Tea Baggers. The president DOES NOT SYMPATHIZE WITH ANY TERRORIST GROUPS, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. President Obama has a long list of terrorists that have been killed on his watch. Not discussing them doesn't mean they are ever forgotten.

Now think about this long and hard. If we know what happened and who was responsible, do you think it would help any strike team if the president or anyone else blabbed every detail? "Oh we know what happened. So and so, located here on the map, were responsible. The brave men, of strike team 69, bios and home addresses included in the hand outs, will be attacking them at noon tomorrow. Strike Team 69 will take off in the super secret attack copter shown in photos 4b and 4c."

To get an unknown enemy you first have to find out who exactly the enemy is, where he is and how to get to capture or kill him when he doesn't have the slightest clue you or your drone are near. Lighting the fuse on the Arab fall is something no nation wants to do right now. It only puts extremists in charge. If someone from Kingsport kills your dog are going to kill everyone in Kingsport to get even? Don't answer that.

Here's a partial list of terrorist leaders on Obama's kill list who have been killed or captured on his watch to prove he isn't soft on terrorism.

August 2009
-- Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leader Baitullah Mahsud killed in Pakistan.

September 2009
-- JI operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top killed in Indonesia
-- Al-Qaeda in East Africa (AQEA) planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan killed in Somalia.

December 2009
-- AQ operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and 'Abdallah Sa'id killed in Pakistan.

February 2010
-- Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Berader captured in Pakistan.
-- Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani killed in Pakistan.
-- Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar killed in Pakistan.

March 2010
-- AQ operative Hussein al-Yemeni killed in Pakistan.
-- Senior JI operative Dulmatin, believed to have been involved in the 2002 bombings in Bali, was killed during a raid in Indonesia.

April 2010
-- AQI leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi killed in Iraq.

May 2010
-- AQ senior leader Mustafa Abu al-Yazid aka Shakyh Sa'id al-Masri killed in Pakistan.

June 2010
-- AQ commander Hamza al-Jawfi killed in Pakistan.

May 2011
-- Death of AQ leader Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

June 2011
-- AQ senior commander Ilyas Kashmiri killed in Pakistan.
-- AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa'ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan killed in Yemen.
-- Al-Qa'ida in East Africa senior leader Harun Fazul killed in Somalia.

August 2011
-- AQ senior leader 'Atiyah 'Abd al-Rahman killed in Pakistan.

September 2011
-- AQ external operations commander Yunis al-Mauritani arrested in Pakistan.
-- AQ chief operations officer Abu Hafs al Shahri killed in Pakistan.

May 2012
--AQ senior leader Fahd al-Quso killed Yemen. On FBI's most wanted top ten for the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole warship.

August 2012
-- Haqqani operations commander, Badruddin Haqqani, killed in Pakistan.
duh

United States

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Romney Food Stamps wrote:
A great editorial comment on the "entitlement mentality" of businesses and business owners.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-septemb...
Mitt Romney reported a 2010 income of $21.6 million. He was taxed $3 million, or a rate of 13.9%.
Without the preferential investor tax breaks, he would have been responsible for $7.56 million in taxes.
So Romney was SUBSIDIZED by the US government to the tune of $4.56 million.
That is an amount that would have kept Romney on Food Stamps until the year 4870.
So who is the real moocher?
When they succeed, its because "they built it"
When they fail, its because the government ruined it.
If they get a break, they deserved it.
If you get a break, its a handout.
Getting to keep money you earn is not mooching.Getting money somebody else earned is mooching.
Romney paid 3 million so what we need is a lot more taxpayers like him.
You democrats think the government owns all wealth and should decide who gets what. It's called communism and it has been tried and failed but history always repeats itself. Study the USSR and
you'll find our future.
Dictionary

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Sep 20, 2012
duh wrote:
Getting to keep money you earn is not mooching.
The problem is, he didnt EARN a damn thing. He inherited. He gambled. He fired people. He screwed people out of money.

Look up the definition of EARN, and there is no picture of people like Romney.
Ann Romney

Columbia, TN

#15 Sep 20, 2012
Ann Romney, to critics in GOP:“You want to try it? Get in the ring.”(AUDIO)
September 20, 2012 By O. Kay Henderson
Ann Romney says fellow Republicans who’ve criticized her husband need to “stop it” and realize “how lucky” the party is to have Mitt Romney as its nominee.

Ann Romney spoke late this afternoon to about 200 people, mostly women, who’d gathered for a rally in the back of a central Iowa business.

“Wow, back in Iowa. Here we are again,” Romney said, to cheers and applause.“However, I don’t want it to be a 10-vote margin again. I want to have a bigger win, so let’s make sure in Iowa we win big in November.”

That’s a reference to the photo-finish on the night of the Iowa Caucuses, when Mitt Romney was declared the victor over Rick Santorum by just 10 votes. Later, a certification process recorded Santorum the winner, by 34 votes, but seven precincts did not submit their certified results.

During her remarks to the crowd this afternoon, Mrs. Romney said it is “really hard for me as a wife” to watch the campaign unfold. Former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan recently wrote that it’s “time for an intervention” in the Romney campaign. William Kristol, a conservative who is the editor of The Weekly Standard magazine, used the words “arrogant and stupid” to describe Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” of Americans who won’t vote for him.

During an interview early this evening with Radio Iowa, Mrs. Romney directly addressed her fellow Republicans who’ve criticized her husband.

“Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said.“This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”

The criticism and very public hand wringing from Republicans comes as national polls show the race between Romney and President Obama is essentially tied.

“It’s nonsense and the chattering class…you hear it and then you just let it go right by,” she told Radio Iowa.“…Honestly, at this point, I’m not surprised by anything.”

Romney said her role is to be supportive rather than to give her husband advice about the campaign.

“We call the rope line now the advice line,” she said, laughing,“…because everyone cares and everyone wants to help and everyone wants to just give their peace — a little piece of advice — so I feel like my best advice is just to bring peace and calm to him and just trust in him and just say,‘I know you can do it,’ but not to give him any advice because it gets too overwhelming.”

With the race so tight, the three October debates between Romney and Obama may prove crucial.

“In all the past debates, he would find me in the audience and after each question, he’d look at me ’cause it was like,‘Did I do O.K. Ann? Was that O.K.?’” she said.“And I love that because he cares so much. I mean, we have such a good relationship and we have such a strong marriage and I know that he measures himself and how he’s doing by my face and how I think he’s doing, so I know in these next debates it’s going to be very important for me to be sitting in that audience.”

During her 10 minute speech to the crowd, Ann Romney said she was here in Iowa to talk about “the good side” of her husband that “very few people know about.”

“The real measure of a person is not how much money we make, but how we live our lives,” she said.

This was Ann Romney’s first solo visit to Iowa this year and it came in the same week Vice President Joe Biden and GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan campaigned in the state.

“In Iowa, you all can make the biggest difference in the world,” she said.“If we carry Iowa, we have so much better of a chance of winning this presidency.”
Ann Romney

Columbia, TN

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Ann Romney says fellow Republicans who’ve criticized her husband need to “stop it” and realize “how lucky” the party is to have Mitt Romney as its nominee.

Ann Romney spoke late this afternoon to about 200 people, mostly women, who’d gathered for a rally in the back of a central Iowa business.

“Wow, back in Iowa. Here we are again,” Romney said, to cheers and applause.“However, I don’t want it to be a 10-vote margin again. I want to have a bigger win, so let’s make sure in Iowa we win big in November.”

That’s a reference to the photo-finish on the night of the Iowa Caucuses, when Mitt Romney was declared the victor over Rick Santorum by just 10 votes. Later, a certification process recorded Santorum the winner, by 34 votes, but seven precincts did not submit their certified results.

During her remarks to the crowd this afternoon, Mrs. Romney said it is “really hard for me as a wife” to watch the campaign unfold. Former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan recently wrote that it’s “time for an intervention” in the Romney campaign. William Kristol, a conservative who is the editor of The Weekly Standard magazine, used the words “arrogant and stupid” to describe Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” of Americans who won’t vote for him.

During an interview early this evening with Radio Iowa, Mrs. Romney directly addressed her fellow Republicans who’ve criticized her husband.

“Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said.“This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”

The criticism and very public hand wringing from Republicans comes as national polls show the race between Romney and President Obama is essentially tied.

“It’s nonsense and the chattering class…you hear it and then you just let it go right by,” she told Radio Iowa.“…Honestly, at this point, I’m not surprised by anything.”

Romney said her role is to be supportive rather than to give her husband advice about the campaign.

“We call the rope line now the advice line,” she said, laughing,“…because everyone cares and everyone wants to help and everyone wants to just give their peace — a little piece of advice — so I feel like my best advice is just to bring peace and calm to him and just trust in him and just say,‘I know you can do it,’ but not to give him any advice because it gets too overwhelming.”

With the race so tight, the three October debates between Romney and Obama may prove crucial.

“In all the past debates, he would find me in the audience and after each question, he’d look at me ’cause it was like,‘Did I do O.K. Ann? Was that O.K.?’” she said.“And I love that because he cares so much. I mean, we have such a good relationship and we have such a strong marriage and I know that he measures himself and how he’s doing by my face and how I think he’s doing, so I know in these next debates it’s going to be very important for me to be sitting in that audience.”

During her 10 minute speech to the crowd, Ann Romney said she was here in Iowa to talk about “the good side” of her husband that “very few people know about.”

“The real measure of a person is not how much money we make, but how we live our lives,” she said.

This was Ann Romney’s first solo visit to Iowa this year and it came in the same week Vice President Joe Biden and GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan campaigned in the state.

“In Iowa, you all can make the biggest difference in the world,” she said.“If we carry Iowa, we have so much better of a chance of winning this presidency.”
Ann Romney

Columbia, TN

#17 Sep 20, 2012
Funny

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Sep 20, 2012
"Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it?"

That will be the official Ann Romney stance upon the first foreign policy crisis under a Mitt presidency.

Michelle Obama would kick her whiny, submissive ass in an alley fight anyday. And Michelle wouldn't even need the imaginary pack of Presidential Black Panthers that Rush Limbaugh thinks is real.
Hope

Rathdrum, ID

#19 Sep 23, 2012
You don't say!
Realist

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Sep 23, 2012
> Notice Mitt never said a word about corporations who use Swiss bank accounts and tax loop holes in order to pay no taxes.

What about the wall street speculators and bankers who got over 10 trillion dollars in bailouts from the federal government? Are they contributing to the deficit or is their consumption of cocaine and private jet airplanes sufficient to compensate for the money spent maintaining their affluent lifestyles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Call for help! 1 hr Johnny reb 4
Trump vs Pro Athletes 1 hr Johnny reb 7
Trump tax plan another con job 4 hr 5th Generation Vo... 11
Jeremy Seal passed away 18 hr jls 6
Danielle stubblefield 18 hr katerina 1
arron buttry (Mar '12) 20 hr B stubble 18
Salaries of gov employees, school, clearks, judges 22 hr Good lord 6

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages