Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

KTN: November 13, 2013
By: Jeff Bobo

Needless to say, I do believe that this commissioner's sense of ethics is diametrical to my sense of ethics.
Good luck. Make sure you pack the room with your supporters again....
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

He is my hero! He clearly doesnt give two shits what you or anyone else think about him! He has more guts and gusto than any other county commissioner. I wish my districts spineless gull would be replaced by someone who stirred the shit pot as much as he does...
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Tim Carwile take your fat ass to bed! Youre old news.
Unbelievable

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

I don't personally know this county commissioner but it sounds like he's just looking for another conflict. I doubt the secretary had any malicious intent when she opened the mail. I would assume that she handles numerous pieces of mail every day and routes them accordingly.
yabadabba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Ne one have alink to the story. What is this post about? Is the city or county mayors secretary and what did she do?
Leeches

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
He is my hero! He clearly doesnt give two shits what you or anyone else think about him! He has more guts and gusto than any other county commissioner. I wish my districts spineless gull would be replaced by someone who stirred the shit pot as much as he does...
Outspoken politicians certainly can serve a purpose, and I'd agree if Alvis used his poop stirring spoon to call attention to and/or challenge actions that are questionable instead of creating follies. Sleight of hand, my friend. When the Commission's ass acts up, take that as a sign to pay closer attention to the rest of the body.
SMH

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Danny Alvis acting like a little b@tch again. Imagine that.
personal issue

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
I don't personally know this county commissioner but it sounds like he's just looking for another conflict. I doubt the secretary had any malicious intent when she opened the mail. I would assume that she handles numerous pieces of mail every day and routes them accordingly.
She might not have malicious intent....but the bottom line is that the mail was not HERS and plainly had HIS name on it. To route the mail does not require opening it first. How quickly would it take you to be in the post office if your pieces of mail, bills, etc., were delivered opened and the post office response was "we had to open it to route it to you"??

I agree he does sometimes get a little carried away, be he was certainly in the right to be upset with this situation.
Read

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Once again Danny Alvis is trying to get his name in the paper. Read the article again. Is Lyons and Alvis working together in this little complaint. If the county mayor delivered the letter to city hall why didn't Lyons knowing it was license for the City business call Alvis? Hmmmm. Alvis chairman of the beer board? Isn't that like the fox over the hen house? Why did Alvis need it? It's not the county abc license. Oh boo hoo Danny Martha opened my mail and I'm mad! Did you stomp your foot also.? Talk about ethics? Using your county commission title everywhere isn't an ethics issue? Lay down and crawl back into your hole and let someone who can represent Stanley Valley with some dignity and truth take over!
FYI

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

The county commissioners are happy Alvis filed the complaint. She has made unauthorized changes to resolutions and purchase orders, and has failed to sunshine meetings for years with no consequences.
real issue

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Read wrote:
Once again Danny Alvis is trying to get his name in the paper. Read the article again. Is Lyons and Alvis working together in this little complaint. If the county mayor delivered the letter to city hall why didn't Lyons knowing it was license for the City business call Alvis? Hmmmm. Alvis chairman of the beer board? Isn't that like the fox over the hen house? Why did Alvis need it? It's not the county abc license. Oh boo hoo Danny Martha opened my mail and I'm mad! Did you stomp your foot also.? Talk about ethics? Using your county commission title everywhere isn't an ethics issue? Lay down and crawl back into your hole and let someone who can represent Stanley Valley with some dignity and truth take over!
The issue at hand is not if he should have received the license and whom should have called whom.... she violated his privacy by opening something that clearly did not belong to her..
SMH

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Oh, look, the Alvis ass kissers are out this morning.
spike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Tim Carwile wrote:
KTN: November 13, 2013
By: Jeff Bobo
Needless to say, I do believe that this commissioner's sense of ethics is diametrical to my sense of ethics.
Good luck. Make sure you pack the room with your supporters again....
Tell 'em "landslide". Snicker
The Truth Hurts

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Wasn't he one of the main backers for X-Judge Taylor?? That should qualify as certainly stirring the pot!
county resident

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Oh, look. The people who want an unelected person running the county are out this morning.
Teresa

Saxapahaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Not sure I'd take Lyons word on anything...lol
DID HE SAY

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

He had tried to contact the people at the clinic several times and everytime he went there there it was not open? someone needs to tell him watch for cars in the parking lot, then go...or better yet have patrolmen watch and call him. or call the property owner, they do have tax reocords at city hall. it is hard but with help he can get it done,
Post office

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

If mail had the incorrect address, regardless of the name, it should have been returned to sender as undeliverable.
Seems to me that fault lies where it first occurred.
Big D

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

"Oh Martha, my heart goes boom boom when you are near;
I can't drown out these feelings with beer;
I want you in my life cuz yer cute;
If this ethics complaint don't work I'll file a lawsuit."

"Oh Martha, you hot steaming chick;
I've when you are so close I feel like I'm gonna be sick;
cuz your beauty makes my belly flutter;
I wanna kiss yer toes and rub yer feet with butter."
thief supporter

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

SMH wrote:
Danny Alvis acting like a little b@tch again. Imagine that.
You have to remember, he is one of the commissioners who blatantly told a concerned constituent, "I don't care what Jay Taylor is accused of doing, because he and I go way back and have each other's backs and always will. I will vote for him no matter what is said or told. He's always helped me out."

A vote of confidence for Danny Alvis is akin to voting with confidence for Taylor....all over again....in my personal opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reno St 29 min Neighbors 8
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Andrea 9,272
Debate: Ferguson - Rogersville, TN 1 hr Simple 17
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
drug dealer 2 hr johnny R 4
ISIS's Executioner 6 hr elmer fudd 15
Kids afraid to go to school at CHS New threat 7 hr Concerned Parent 27
Seth Ewing embezzlement 13 hr Hal 105
Mayor SELLS Thu Voter 43

Search the Rogersville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Rogersville Jobs