housekeeper / cleaner needed 1 day a ...

housekeeper / cleaner needed 1 day a week

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BUSY MOM

Lebanon, VA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Looking for someone local who can be trusted to come in once a week and clean.
BUSY MOM

Lebanon, VA

#2 Dec 4, 2012
local being Hawkins County
curious

Charlotte, NC

#3 Dec 4, 2012
What is the pay?
NOT SURE

Lebanon, VA

#4 Dec 4, 2012
you won't get rich that's for sure but will be paid well for job well done......vacuum, sweep, mop, dust.......only the basics no laundry or linens involved......
ellie

Shelby, NC

#5 Dec 4, 2012
What is the contact info? I am interested if this is actually serious
BUSY MOM

Lebanon, VA

#6 Dec 4, 2012
I am serious, but expected to see references of who to call/contact. I hadn't planned on giving my info on this site. Do you have an email address?
Transplant

Portage, MI

#7 Dec 4, 2012
BUSY MOM wrote:
I am serious, but expected to see references of who to call/contact. I hadn't planned on giving my info on this site. Do you have an email address?
You can't always trust references BC everyone and there brother in Hawkins co is related and will
give a great pretend reference for each other. Or you'll get the women with the poor me, I'm a single parent sob stories. They will make you trust them and feel sorry for them then steal you blind! I've had this problem in the past from the licensed guys who put in my wood floors to the electrition to the dog sitter.people around here will steal anything! Almost all were pill heads! I now only hire from reputable businesses even if it cost a little more. So hire wisely!
Hard up

Rockville, MD

#8 Dec 4, 2012
We have been lucky to find someone honest but I agree it is not easy to get someone who will not steal be it a house cleaner or live in help. People are reluctant to recommend the honest ones for fear they will get more work and leave them. If you are willing to pay not just a decent wage but above that and treat them with respect you can find them. Also do not hire out of Hancock County they are all thieves.
Local

Chatsworth, GA

#9 Dec 4, 2012
It's hard to find people you can trust in this area because so many people need money for drugs.

Even when the cleaner is 100% honest, her drug addicted teen son might not be, and she casually tells him about your flat screen TV and the nice computer you have that she noticed, along with the gun safe.
not true

Kingsport, TN

#10 Dec 4, 2012
I am a hard working woman that is NOT on drugs n I work very hard for my $! Yes I know there is ppl out there that will lie n steal BUT that dosent give ANYBODY the right to place a sudden judgement on a person based on other ppl! There are good, honest ppl left in this world, just open your eyes n don't jump to conclusions based on a persons appearance, additide, race, or gender!!!
Transplant

United States

#11 Dec 4, 2012
not true wrote:
I am a hard working woman that is NOT on drugs n I work very hard for my $! Yes I know there is ppl out there that will lie n steal BUT that dosent give ANYBODY the right to place a sudden judgement on a person based on other ppl! There are good, honest ppl left in this world, just open your eyes n don't jump to conclusions based on a persons appearance, additide, race, or gender!!!
, I heard the " I'm hard working and honest speech by at least 2 different people that stole from me. One of the others like " local said" had a family member come by when they thought I wouldn't be home. I met them happily inside my garage with my shot gun:) and I don't believe anyone made comments about race or appearances but most have agreed that hiring anyone from Hawkins county is a very bad idea BC most people around here are drug addicts and thieves. There's a reason so many people around here work for cash instead of holding a regular job. Lazy,theives, liars,pill and method addicts!!
Transplant

United States

#12 Dec 4, 2012
Meth*
Stay at Home Mommy

United States

#13 Dec 4, 2012
I am interested in cleaning houses. I am a stay at home mother and this would be perfect for me =) I have cleaned many peoples houses, and have been looking for more to do.
BUSY MOM

Lebanon, VA

#14 Dec 4, 2012
contact info?????
Intrested

Kingston, TN

#16 Dec 4, 2012
I am a stay at home mother. This job would be a HUGE help to me and my family. My e-mail is [email protected] I ask that you please give me a chance to help my family out. I see this as an oppuritunity.
In Reality

Johnson City, TN

#17 Dec 5, 2012
I don't think every person is dishonest, but I agree with the points made about having to be very cautious. There are several people I know (myself included) who have things we are willing to hire to be done, but it has repeatedly proven to be frustrating. Stealing, "no-shows," etc., are definitely potential risks.

People who say they need the money often turn out to be the least reliable or trustworthy, based on what we've experienced.
concerned

Herndon, VA

#18 Dec 5, 2012
is this still available i work in home care ive been on this job for the last six yrs before that i worked with mentally challenged i would be interesting in this possition if still available
Blank Stare

Greer, SC

#19 Dec 5, 2012
I work in facilities management at a plant in Hamblen County and some of my co-workers, in housekeeping, clean homes for the other employees/managers to earn extra cash on their days off. If any relatives or friends work anywhere that employee their own cleaning staff (or contractors), have them ask around and see if any of them do homes. You'll be getting someone who is already experienced, know how to get the job done efficiently, and best of all...legit references!
jus happen to know sumone

Johnson City, TN

#20 Dec 9, 2012
give lucille and marti snapp a try ! they have been in the cleaning business for like around 15 yrs , very professional , honest people , lucille is like 73 and her daughter marti is mayb like 40 , anyway i know people they have been cleaning for over 15 years and nothing but good things to say bout them , i will try and locate there number for you1
asking

Charlotte, NC

#22 Dec 13, 2012
whats number

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie Harmon 10 hr Saint Detector 4
What are democrats really afraid of 15 hr Afraid in Bluff City 13
40 year olds that live with their parents 16 hr Just the facts 7
Raceway 19 hr earl 2
Elizabeth Warren exposes Trump for terd he is 20 hr Hairy Reed 27
Ailshie no longer Principal 22 hr personal opinion 6
Halie Head Fri Kevin 4

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance