Another TBI probe into Hawkins County...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Local

Johnson City, TN

#21 Jun 20, 2013
Also should mention they are saying that the school employees do it since no one else is available.

It used to be very common for stay at home moms to drive the school bus. The parent would be selected from near the end of the bus route and would simply park the bus at her home overnight.
One who knows

Kingsport, TN

#22 Jun 20, 2013
There are many bus routes that take a lot more than an hour, and many school districts in our area find it very difficult to find a qualified person who would want to be a school bus driver. There are many buses that have to stop at different schools on their route. As we all know, there are some pretty hairy roads in some very remote areas that these drivers have to traverse in bad weather and in darkness. In addition, most likely there are several students in each route that are disruptive to the driver as well as to the other students. It is not an easy job, nor does it pay very well.

If there were qualified people who desire to be a driver but weren't being hired due to favoritism, then perhaps this would be a serious issue. However, that is not the case.
70sMan

Johnson City, TN

#23 Jun 20, 2013
I have gut feeling some bus drivers are posting in this thread.
spike

United States

#24 Jun 20, 2013
HCS wrote:
Hawkins Today Paper said SHEDDAN was the cause of this ans he was boss up the maintence dept. Is it a conflict of interest that his wife is on the SCHOOL BOARD? and why didn't he put a stop to it earlier if he knew??
I think it IS a conflict for Sheddan's wife to be on the school board.
Fruity nutcake

Kingsport, TN

#25 Jun 20, 2013
spike wrote:
<quoted text>I think it IS a conflict for Sheddan's wife to be on the school board.
Well good! As long as an anonymous poster on an Internet forum thinks it's a conflict then it's all settled.
TURDZ O HOOLAHAN

Sevierville, TN

#26 Jun 21, 2013
Fruity nutcake wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good! As long as an anonymous poster on an Internet forum thinks it's a conflict then it's all settled.
Sarcastic much?

I super glued my anis shut and ate 5 burritos. Pray for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogersville Hookers (Sep '11) 1 hr Disgusted 28
Did Erika not want that known? 1 hr Yuck 17
First 100 Days 1 hr Reality Check 2
greedy Henards 2 hr You Know 15
Highway Department Mr. Bean 2 hr Concerned 41
Donna Young 2 hr jim 1
places hiring Sun Hmm 4

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance