sorry

United States

#22 Apr 19, 2012
higher ground pastor said:john &teresa stayed and talked after service and did not mention severance package from Persia Baptist
Whoa

Sevierville, TN

#23 Apr 19, 2012
No Excuse! Can't believe he stood there playing the victim and took the money if he did in fact have severance pay and 3 months of living expenses! One of those 2 obviously has a serious issue(s).
giterdone

Lewisburg, TN

#24 Apr 19, 2012
Tennessee is an "at will" state. Welcome to our world.... People lose their jobs everyday. And people, don't believe that Persia just kicked him out for no reason!! They had a reason... just being a better person by not telling the world on Topix like the preacher from Higher Ground.
insider

United States

#25 Apr 19, 2012
they did in fact have a severance package and both of them have an issue with greed
jim

Cookeville, TN

#26 Apr 19, 2012
u better b careful talking about a man of God. God takes care of his own,
rotten fruit

Wilmington, NC

#27 Apr 20, 2012
man of God or con man? the facts indicate con man including his whole {ministry?} at Persia1138
careful

Wilmington, NC

#28 Apr 20, 2012
evidently John Mcpheron has no fear of God
another taxpayer

Wilmington, NC

#29 Apr 20, 2012
poor Teresa or con lady? either way someone with a questionable character should not be working in a county office definitely not in the County Mayor's office
what a county

Rutherfordton, NC

#30 Apr 20, 2012
maybe Teresa can work for judge Taylor when he goes back into private practice
really

Rutherfordton, NC

#31 Apr 20, 2012
Now John say he offered to return $5000.00 but Higher Ground pastor told him to keep it.
Oh so honorable {after you've been outed}

Hey John just drop it in the offering plate!!!
whosay

Kingsport, TN

#32 Apr 20, 2012
preacher john did not scam hes a good man! its the people in the church who has problems!
Devastated member

Johnson City, TN

#33 Apr 20, 2012
I am posting this, hoping that maybe the pastor will be curious and check out this post. I want to tell him that he has hurt people, so many people, more than he will ever know. You'd think a man of God would not act this way, even though we all are sinners and we all screw up sometimes, you'd think a pastor would at least have a conscience. And to his wife, so many people respected her, loved her, cared for her, and to see her standing there accepting that gift and not saying a word as to the truth, nauseated and stabbed me straight in the heart. Shame on you two, shame on you for leading unsaved Christians to Christ, and then showing them that this is how Christians should act. I pray that both of these people will fess up and tell the truth, return that money, and apologize to all the people they have hurt in this church and this town, (not to mention the people at Higher Ground, who dug into their pocketbooks to help someone, only to be scammed)

Since: Jul 08

Hoffman Forest, NC

#34 Apr 20, 2012
Can someone tell me exactly what is going on? Is there a video or something that shows them accepting money from Higher Ground? What role does Higher Ground play in this situation?
Goodytwoshoes

Kingsport, TN

#35 Apr 20, 2012
The web site is listed on post 171
I say

Shallotte, NC

#36 Apr 20, 2012
to whosay ; preacher john's actions speaks louder than your blind ignorance of the facts.

Please remove blindfold before commenting!
PVC5

Winchester, TN

#37 Apr 20, 2012
I think that if all these things are true there should be a meeting on this matter with the right people from Persia & Higher Ground talk this matter over resolve this move on don't keep drag it on move past it and look forward to the future and don't look back leave it in the past.
I say

Shallotte, NC

#38 Apr 20, 2012
to devastated member

Thanks for removing your blindfold. This is the real John Mcpheron sorry for your pain
I say

Shallotte, NC

#39 Apr 20, 2012
The pastor from Higher Ground has already sent an apology to Persia Baptist Church saying he had been misinformed.
play it safe

Shallotte, NC

#40 Apr 20, 2012
to PVC5
sometimes when you move past something(or someone} and look forward you get stabbed in the back
that is what happened here we can't afford to expose our back to john again he will do anything for money.
PVC5

Winchester, TN

#41 Apr 20, 2012
To play it safe. I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump owns property in Rogersville, T... 47 min Honk Honk 36
Kasey Bruner 1 hr Lollipop 2
Redhead at Murphy’s 2 hr Curious 1
Andy Asmaund 3 hr doug 25
Sarah Leah 5 hr Gone 34
Country kitchen 5 hr Preacher Bubba 3
Roger Stewart 5 hr Preacher Bubba 22
Cherokee Hidh School Elevator 7 hr Sorry for Starnes 79

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web