hope community church a cult or church
Just the Facts

United States

#142 Oct 10, 2009
Anyone who thinks Hope CC is a cult is slap crazy! The services at Hope are exciting and the preaching is Biblically sound. It's the most loving church I've ever attended. Also, whoever on this thread stated that Rip and Pam were rude is intentionally lying - just stating a fact here. Rip and Pam are two of the most caring, selfless individuals I know and I've known them for many years.

I'm tempted to be angry about this stupid thread, but God knows the truth about Hope CC.
God Loves Me

United States

#143 Oct 11, 2009
Yes,God loves me and you. Even you that have no respect for Him. If you have never been to Hope Community Church, you should go. You would be welcomed by everyone. I have been going to Hope for 3 years. I have never heard such rediculous things said. My Pastor and his wife are very loving people. I have never seem such a humble pastor. You don't have to come to Hope, but you better go somewhere that you can find salvation, because when God calls each of us out of this world,that means you too, we will all have to explain every idle word we have spoken. So we better think about every word that comes out of our mouths. I have been closer to God at Hope than any church I have been to. Why do people put down everything good? It's a good sign that you don't go anywhere. I promise that every person who comes to Hope, whether rich or poor, hungry or full, fancy clothes or not ,will be welcome. Hope is a church for the people who are unchurched. Not in competion with any one. We have a great group of people and the greatest pastor and wife that I have ever had. Quit downing my church.
veronica

United States

#144 Oct 11, 2009
God Loves Me wrote:
Yes,God loves me and you. Even you that have no respect for Him. If you have never been to Hope Community Church, you should go. You would be welcomed by everyone. I have been going to Hope for 3 years. I have never heard such rediculous things said. My Pastor and his wife are very loving people. I have never seem such a humble pastor. You don't have to come to Hope, but you better go somewhere that you can find salvation, because when God calls each of us out of this world,that means you too, we will all have to explain every idle word we have spoken. So we better think about every word that comes out of our mouths. I have been closer to God at Hope than any church I have been to. Why do people put down everything good? It's a good sign that you don't go anywhere. I promise that every person who comes to Hope, whether rich or poor, hungry or full, fancy clothes or not ,will be welcome. Hope is a church for the people who are unchurched. Not in competion with any one. We have a great group of people and the greatest pastor and wife that I have ever had. Quit downing my church.
well said
I go to Hope Church

Knoxville, TN

#145 May 3, 2010
HOPE is an AWSOME CHURCH who welcomes everyone no matter who you are or what your race or background is! I personally know the family you are talking about and have personally gotten involved to help. This is all lies to try to make our pastor and his wife look bad. Remember,Jealous people did the same thing to Jesus and crusified him for doing good and caring about those who are really hurting!WE HAVE AN AWSOME PASTOR AND HIS WIFE WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT THE HURTING PEOPLE OF HAWKINS'COUNTY! OUR CHURCH WELCOMES WITH OPEN ARMS ALL THOSE MOST CHURCHES DON'T EVEN WANT IN THEIR CHURCHES! SO I PRAY NO ONE PAYS ANY MIND TO THIS EVIL SLANDER!
whats this

Whitwell, TN

#146 May 3, 2010
"I personally know the family you are talking about and have personally gotten involved to help. This is all lies to try to make our pastor and his wife look bad."

I hope you are aware that you are responding to a topic that the last post was six months ago. Are you sure this is the topic you were wanting to bring up?

It sounds like you are discussing something more recent, perhaps the embezzlement case? You are saying you are friends with the people accused and they are innocent? That is interesting. Why do you suppose she confessed to the pastor that she had done it then? Was she just confused?
Tool

Kingsport, TN

#147 May 3, 2010
I go to Hope Church wrote:
SO I PRAY NO ONE PAYS ANY MIND TO THIS EVIL SLANDER!
Well they probably wouldn't have if you hadn't resurrected this thread from the grave. Were you born this stupid or were you dropped on your head?
ghhvh

Knoxville, TN

#148 May 3, 2010
i go to hope church and they do welcome anyone i my self shoot up pills and i know for a fact theirs 10 or 15 more their that dose to most are on pills.but hope chuch dose not care all are welcome . i my self love it . how many preachers will give a druggie a church creidt card and tell you to get splies at walmart and any thing els you need wile your at it. they paid to give drug treat ment to one member and she just went so she wouldnt jail now she out and still shotting up . what a wast of the churches $$$$$$$
just my opinion

Chatsworth, GA

#149 May 3, 2010
First you don't go to church for its preacher or wife. You go to worship Jesus Christ.The only contract that you have to declare is : You accept Jesus as your Saviour. You won' enter Heaven based upon which Church you belong. I have never been there, so I will not judge. God lives in your heart,not a church . Live your life so that it makes God happy and proud. In today's society,we all should be aware of any Man or people putting themselves above the Lord.
Get Facts Straight

Kingsport, TN

#150 May 4, 2010
ghhvh wrote:
i go to hope church and they do welcome anyone i my self shoot up pills and i know for a fact theirs 10 or 15 more their that dose to most are on pills.but hope chuch dose not care all are welcome . i my self love it . how many preachers will give a druggie a church creidt card and tell you to get splies at walmart and any thing els you need wile your at it. they paid to give drug treat ment to one member and she just went so she wouldnt jail now she out and still shotting up . what a wast of the churches $$$$$$$
I assure you and anyone reading this, the pastor DID NOT give anyone the church credit card to go buy supplies!
ghhvh

Clinton, TN

#151 May 5, 2010
I assure you they did because i was their and seen it with my own eyes
Get Facts Straight

Maryville, TN

#153 Nov 6, 2010
Guess I was there too since I work there. You are lying period!
HARD TO

Strawberry Plains, TN

#154 Nov 6, 2010
Know what is happening.
Confused

United States

#155 Nov 6, 2010
I went there few times and guess I am use to old timey churches but it seemed strange to me. I am not saying anything was wrong just got strange vibe there could be it was just not what I am use. I don't go to church anymore last one we went to really taught me a lesson that most ppl are out for themselves and the heck with what anyone else thinks.
IT IS DIFFERENT

Sevierville, TN

#156 Nov 6, 2010
Confused wrote:
I went there few times and guess I am use to old timey churches but it seemed strange to me. I am not saying anything was wrong just got strange vibe there could be it was just not what I am use. I don't go to church anymore last one we went to really taught me a lesson that most ppl are out for themselves and the heck with what anyone else thinks.
A lot of small groups..very unstructered. To each his own. I carry my church with me.

Since: Nov 10

Knoxville, TN

#157 Nov 7, 2010
Therefore I say a bunch of crooked lying "sob's" that are cult members!!!!
Too Bad wrote:
Funny how most of Hawkins Co. Schools Central Office attends this church...therefore I say...cult

Since: Nov 10

Knoxville, TN

#158 Nov 7, 2010
God Damn!!!!! That's Funny as hell!!!!!
Good God wrote:
<quoted text>
2 questions.
1. Is the humane society aware they left your cage unlatched?
2. Have you had your shots?
Anonymous

United States

#159 Nov 7, 2010
In my personal opinion I do not care for the church. I would try to be friendly to Rip and he wouldn't even say Hi to me. A lot of things he preached about did not match up to what the bible says. He also made several crude jokes that was not appropriate. example one joke he made (it was either during the mothers day or fathers day service) "what makes a couple not want to be intimate with eachother? Wedding cake!"
What kind of joke is that for a church service???
I also have many other personal issues with the church, but I will keep the rest to myself.
Yet, I always did enjoy the worship music, It was very heart felt and I was really able to worship God.
how can you know

United States

#160 Nov 7, 2010
I know a few not-so-nice people who attend the church.. but, that does not speak for the church as a whole or it's leader. The bible does say "come as you are". Maybe, they just do not have that "personal relationship" with God. It's about God. I pray blessings and all things good..
Lucky

United States

#161 Nov 7, 2010
a big heart wrote:
In my personal opinion I do not care for the church. I would try to be friendly to Rip and he wouldn't even say Hi to me. A lot of things he preached about did not match up to what the bible says. He also made several crude jokes that was not appropriate. example one joke he made (it was either during the mothers day or fathers day service) "what makes a couple not want to be intimate with eachother? Wedding cake!"
What kind of joke is that for a church service???
I also have many other personal issues with the church, but I will keep the rest to myself.
Yet, I always did enjoy the worship music, It was very heart felt and I was really able to worship God.
Great church and Rip only teaches the TRUTH. Maybe this is all about you and your not ready for the Truth.
Hold up

Rogersville, TN

#162 Nov 8, 2010
a big heart wrote:
In my personal opinion I do not care for the church. I would try to be friendly to Rip and he wouldn't even say Hi to me. A lot of things he preached about did not match up to what the bible says. He also made several crude jokes that was not appropriate. example one joke he made (it was either during the mothers day or fathers day service) "what makes a couple not want to be intimate with eachother? Wedding cake!"
What kind of joke is that for a church service???
I also have many other personal issues with the church, but I will keep the rest to myself.
Yet, I always did enjoy the worship music, It was very heart felt and I was really able to worship God.
No offense intended here at all. I am not sure what your definition is of crude jokes but the joke above is no where close. It sounds like your "personal issues" with this church is clouding your view of what is right or wrong. I could understand if he was up there talking all kinds of crap about sex, details, etc but he wasn't.

Pastors all over the world use this tactic (humor.. being "real") to bring people to God and keep them there. You want to know why? Because it shows that we are ALL human. We ALL make mistakes. We all fall, and through God we can pick ourselves back up and live for HIM. Who are YOU to judge him? Who are YOU to judge anyone for that matter? Do you think that you will go to heaven one day and when you stand in front of God he will say, "Well you know.. I didn't like the way you delivered your child.. I mean you screamed and carried on WAY too much and that is just not acceptable to me. I just didn't like it so ya know, be gone." Sounds kind of ridiculous doesn't it?

These little things that you all are talking about are exactly what are bringing the world down to a point that scares me. So what if someone wasn't as friendly as you think you deserved? Ever considered that they were having a bad day? So what if you felt like the pastor's wife got mad at you for not letting your kids go with her... that sounds really weird by the way and probably didn't happen. Let it go. Stop being so judgemental. Who cares if they do not have the same kind of service "your" church has. Be thankful, as I am, about those who want to serve God. THAT IS YOUR PURPOSE. If you are going to church for the pastor or the music or the people you are doing it for the wrong reasons!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romas 3 hr Von Dooskie 11
Wreck on 11w past Stanley valley market 3 hr Mud Dobber 1
This is why Trump won 9 hr Left the GOP 19
Walmart Bathroom 17 hr Ugh 1
News Crime 15 mins ago 12:48 p.m.Former Hawkins Coun... (May '16) 18 hr Dirty dingus 25
News People Loving People seeking last minute donati... 18 hr Dirty dingus 1
Rogersville Parade 18 hr Grandma 2

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages